ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Hamlet said:

Hopefully the MTL consulate opens tomorrow with all the snow their getting. Last thing we all want is more delays. 

My passport has reached MTL and is now delayed due to inclement weather. 

Yeah here’s hoping. I don’t know how much longer my marriage will hold up under this, I can’t afford more delays, not even snow days.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Yeah here’s hoping. I don’t know how much longer my marriage will hold up under this, I can’t afford more delays, not even snow days.

Seriously. I would have been divorced by now if it wasn’t for FaceTime  🤣

51 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Wao, this is getting complicated for mostly of us. My situation is with my job, I been wanting to change but waiting to move but visa never arrives. I feel like a rat in cage.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Hamlet said:

Seriously. I would have been divorced by now if it wasn’t for FaceTime  🤣

My wife was pretty harsh with me last night. It made me feel really like garbage. This forum isn't a counselling session, but it sure made me feel low.

Timeline

The hardest part is paying for 2 residences and utilities. I’m basically throwing away $4K per month by not being approved! It’s just a wasteful amount of money that can be saved or spent elsewhere. I am lucky that both of us are working and have the means to hold both homes, but that’s not the point. 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

My wife was pretty harsh with me last night. It made me feel really like garbage. This forum isn't a counselling session, but it sure made me feel low.

It’s not your fault all governments are filled with bureaucracy and red tape

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Hamlet said:

It’s not your fault all governments are filled with bureaucracy and red tape

She can be really harsh, criticizing me for not coming to visit sooner, etc. At one point even saying like, "send me the divorce papers, I will gladly sign!" Man, did I feel terrible after that.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Hamlet said:

The hardest part is paying for 2 residences and utilities. I’m basically throwing away $4K per month by not being approved! It’s just a wasteful amount of money that can be saved or spent elsewhere. I am lucky that both of us are working and have the means to hold both homes, but that’s not the point. 

Yes I am now paying for my rent and hers, as she is doing a practicum for the next few months and she needs my help. It is a lot. It really is difficult to express to people who don't understand this process how much of an impact it makes when it drags on for so long. I find people just ask me dumb questions like, "why don't you just go there?"

Hi. New here and not sure what some abbreviations mean. What is AP? 

My husband was given a letter of denial after his interview on December 10. They told him it was because his medical exam hadn’t been processed or received (he has his medical appointment two days prior). They kept his passport though and told him his approval would be sent in 4-6 weeks. We’re on our 6th week this week and haven’t received anything. We did get an update in December that they received his medical. 

Is his case in whatever AP is? And should I expect a longer wait, based on y’all’s similar experiences? If we don’t receive it this week, how do we contact the consulate with questions regarding his case. 

Timeline
Just now, Outwest99 said:

My husband was given a letter of denial after his interview on December 10. They told him it was because his medical exam hadn’t been processed or received (he has his medical appointment two days prior). They kept his passport though and told him his approval would be sent in 4-6 weeks. We’re on our 6th week this week and haven’t received anything. We did get an update in December that they received his medical. 

Is his case in whatever AP is? And should I expect a longer wait, based on y’all’s similar experiences? If we don’t receive it this week, how do we contact the consulate with questions regarding his case. 

AP = administrative processing. It sounds like that is what your husband is currently in. I wish I could tell you how long you can expect--I am now on 12 weeks in AP.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

She can be really harsh, criticizing me for not coming to visit sooner, etc. At one point even saying like, "send me the divorce papers, I will gladly sign!" Man, did I feel terrible after that.

Wives will be wives….. no offence ladies 🙃 

I always find that flower delivery with a note always helps. Especially when you send it to their work or school so then other girls get to see how sweet their loved one is. 

Timeline
Just now, Hamlet said:

Wives will be wives….. no offence ladies 🙃 

I always find that flower delivery with a note always helps. Especially when you send it to their work or school so then other girls get to see how sweet their loved one is. 

Lol, I bet you I would get in trouble for that for some unknown reason. That is usually what happens when I try to do something nice, it always messes up more somehow.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Outwest99 said:

Welcome to the club. Timing varies for everyone. 

10 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Lol, I bet you I would get in trouble for that for some unknown reason. That is usually what happens when I try to do something nice, it always messes up more somehow.

Ha, your on your own for this one

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.