ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, BatmanFlow said:

I will cry if they make us do the medical again and then we are back in Ap. 

my stepdad had to do sputum test because his X-ray was not clear. That was $1200 and takes 2 months for results to come. So for him they just got the results in January 5, interview October 4. So I don’t know when they start the 6 months count. The day they got everything from doctors. Or the day we went to the doctor, which was in late September. Cause we can’t do another $1200 + wait 2 months for sputum tests. 

I hate this. Why do they make legal immigration so hard. 

to answer your question, I’m gonna keep emailing them every week as the four month passes

I am so feeling this fear, to be honest---That they will just run out the clock on the medicals and then we will have to extend AP some more. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Anyone get any updates today whatsoever? 

Not a big movement for me, but there was an update on CEAC yesterday once I checked my account!

Hope everyone gets visa approval this coming week especially you , and I wish everyone all the best here.Just keep up your hope.

Timeline
16 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Anyone get any updates today whatsoever? 

No, and the email response on the 13th did not update my case.

See you guys on Tuesday! ;) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/7/2022 at 6:19 PM, Rosinasaur said:

Um... What happened here? That's not what it normally says...

The system did lag the first time I loaded it in. I wonder if this is a bug or a good sign? It used to say case "Refused" and created early Jan 2021 and case updated Jan 6th 2022.

What Visa.PNG

On 1/7/2022 at 6:36 PM, NykahDeah said:

Looks like a good thing. Congrats! A quick search on VJ shows that within 2-3 business days it should move into the next state before issue.

So, since that change it's gotten one more update and that's it. You really raised my hopes but they've been let down again. It's taking ages to load up and is saying "Refused" again. I guess I'm back in the waiting game.

image.png.bf96b9c7eedcbb6faff1f996be143252.png

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Rosinasaur said:

So, since that change it's gotten one more update and that's it. You really raised my hopes but they've been let down again. It's taking ages to load up and is saying "Refused" again. I guess I'm back in the waiting game.

image.png.bf96b9c7eedcbb6faff1f996be143252.png

That is crazy. Never in any of the other searches did that come up. Sorry to hear. Seems nothing is going to any kind of plan or logic. It’s quite painful. 

@Rosinasauryou are fine!  It is actually good news.  So the K1 is right in the middle of immigrant and non-immigrant.  It is officially non-immigrant with immigrant intent.  So it is interviewed by the immigration unit but issued by the non-immigrant unit.  Going from immigrant to non-immigrant is huge!  If you look at statuses from non-AP K-1 this is normal.  I can tell you this is totally normal as we were in AP (I have been spying on this thread for support). 

Here is my detailed timeline:

Dec 29 - Changed from Immigrant to Nonimmigrant with a status of "Application Received" the case created and last updated were both Dec 29

Dec 30 - Changed to Refused

Jan 7 - Changed to Administrative Processing (ironically we also got an email the same day from the embassy saying our AP was completed and to send the Passport)

Jan 7 - Mailed the passport

Jan 12 - email from embassy that the passport has been received

Jan 13 - Case updated date, still AP

Jan 14 - Status changed to Issued, fiancée received a text late afternoon with tracking information from the Turkish post (did not receive email from embassy)

Jan 15 - received the passport in his hands with the visa and the "do not open" package  :) - bought the flights and he will be here next week :) .  Also got an email from embassy today saying it was on its way but no indication of approval. 

Anyway, it seems MTL is slightly slower than Ankara but know that you are going to get it soon. Start preparing to move!! 

As a side note, you can now use the non-immigrant section on CEAC and enter your A number from the DS-160 to see your status.  I think that now it is non-immigrant that is why the CEAC status seems a little slow when you use your MTL case number.  

Edited by Vana
updated case status on Jan 13 from refused to AP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Vana said:

@Rosinasauryou are fine!  It is actually good news.  So the K1 is right in the middle of immigrant and non-immigrant.  It is officially non-immigrant with immigrant intent.  So it is interviewed by the immigration unit but issued by the non-immigrant unit.  Going from immigrant to non-immigrant is huge!  If you look at statuses from non-AP K-1 this is normal.  I can tell you this is totally normal as we were in AP (I have been spying on this thread for support). 

Here is my detailed timeline:

Dec 29 - Changed from Immigrant to Nonimmigrant with a status of "Application Received" the case created and last updated were both Dec 29

Dec 30 - Changed to Refused

Jan 7 - Changed to Administrative Processing (ironically we also got an email the same day from the embassy saying our AP was completed and to send the Passport)

Jan 7 - Mailed the passport

Jan 12 - email from embassy that the passport has been received

Jan 13 - Case updated date, still AP

Jan 14 - Status changed to Issued, fiancée received a text late afternoon with tracking information from the Turkish post (did not receive email from embassy)

Jan 15 - received the passport in his hands with the visa and the "do not open" package  :) - bought the flights and he will be here next week :) .  Also got an email from embassy today saying it was on its way but no indication of approval. 

Anyway, it seems MTL is slightly slower than Ankara but know that you are going to get it soon. Start preparing to move!! 

As a side note, you can now use the non-immigrant section on CEAC and enter your A number from the DS-160 to see your status.  I think that now it is non-immigrant that is why the CEAC status seems a little slow when you use your MTL case number.  

Thank you for the detailed timeline. I will cross my fingers that things change next week. I really appreciate it!

I'd actually noticed that I could use my AA number but it also seems to be lagging there too. It's been a bit finicky and doesn't load at all sometimes. We'll see!

Edited by Rosinasaur
Added info about checking with DS-160 number

2 minutes ago, Rosinasaur said:

Thank you for the detailed timeline. I will cross my fingers that things change next week. I really appreciate it!

No problem!  Once it starts moving it goes quick.  I hope that you will move to AP next week (that seems like a really mean thing to say in this thread - so sorry :)).  Sending good vibes to you and the others in this horrible AP process!  It seemed like it was longer and harder than all of the other steps but once it is done there is a huge relief of finally being with your loved one. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.