ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, NykahDeah said:

Which I'm surprised it took so long since I got the email this morning @ 11:53.

So 4 hour delay in system update? Interesting data point. Probably useless.. 

Yeah I agree it is strange, I don't know how long it takes their system to update that webpage date, or whatever, but I believe there seems to be a consensus in here that when an email response is sent, the "last updated on" date changes.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ice-qube said:

Yeah I agree it is strange, I don't know how long it takes their system to update that webpage date, or whatever, but I believe there seems to be a consensus in here that when an email response is sent, the "last updated on" date changes.

I'd feel so much better about the whole process if we saw anyone, in any semblance of consistency, get their cases reviewed and completed. The main spreadsheet has somewhat of a rolling pattern of in and out to completion but this AP process is like a giant black hole.

Timeline
1 minute ago, NykahDeah said:

I'd feel so much better about the whole process if we saw anyone, in any semblance of consistency, get their cases reviewed and completed. The main spreadsheet has somewhat of a rolling pattern of in and out to completion but this AP process is like a giant black hole.

Yes, there is no consistency with the AP process. That is the only consistent thing we have seen: nothing is consistent.

1 hour ago, ice-qube said:

I think this mainly happens when you get the generic replies. I even have a feeling they don't even read general inquiries 😕 I had sent one mid dec, and they replied to it after my visa was approved with the same copy paste reply lol. They didn't even bother to open my case file to check the status! However, when I had a more specific inquiry that I sent to both their email and through the public inquiry form (they sent me DS5535 twice, I needed to clarify if it was a mistake or if they actually needed a second submission), my case was not updated either time. However, every time I got a generic reply, I got an update. That's the only trend I personally noticed. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Danii said:

I think this mainly happens when you get the generic replies. I even have a feeling they don't even read general inquiries 😕 I had sent one mid dec, and they replied to it after my visa was approved with the same copy paste reply lol. They didn't even bother to open my case file to check the status! However, when I had a more specific inquiry that I sent to both their email and through the public inquiry form (they sent me DS5535 twice, I needed to clarify if it was a mistake or if they actually needed a second submission), my case was not updated either time. However, every time I got a generic reply, I got an update. That's the only trend I personally noticed. 

Danii did you say your approval came right before your medical expired?

48 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Danii did you say your approval came right before your medical expired?

No, no I meant that the expiry date stamped on my visa was exactly 6mo after my medical (Oct 26th, so expiry is Apr26). 

Edited by Danii

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Danii said:

No, no I meant that the expiry date stamped on my visa was exactly 6mo after my medical (Oct 26th, so expiry is Apr26). 

Ahh got it, thanks

8 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Yeah still no response from my email as of this morning. 76 days since form submission, 79 days since interview. It is actually excruciating now. @DS5535 you were really lucky when they responded an hour after, any news about that?

Do you want me to send a email on your behalf?

Timeline
6 hours ago, ice-qube said:

And I honestly don't understand it. I followed everything by the book. I even have a NEXUS card, how much more vetting do they need to do of me??

That is baffling. It does not make any sense at all.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Redie said:

That is baffling. It does not make any sense at all.

Yes I just don’t understand why, or why it should take this long. But yeah, that’s where I am at. I am whining. 

Timeline
Just now, ice-qube said:

Yes I just don’t understand why, or why it should take this long. But yeah, that’s where I am at. I am whining. 

Rightfully so.

Timeline
On 1/7/2022 at 12:22 PM, Danii said:

I'm thinking of putting together a FAQ (using answers in the threads) as that may be easier for any new comers here than reading all the pages. 

I received my passport today and noticed something interesting. At the bottom of the visa, there is an annotation that says "clearance received Dec-17 2021". I remember getting an update that day, and then again on Dec 20. So it looks like it took almost 2 weeks for Montreal to issue the visa after they received this clearance... Looks like the updates aren't always meaningless!

OMG CONGRATS!! Such great news! I haven't checked this thread for over a month but this is so exciting to hear you got approved finally! Also so much progress has been made via the thread/spreadsheet which is good to see! Unfortunately on my end, still says 'Refused"...my last update was on December 20. Not sure who is in charge of updating the spreadsheet but I submitted my questionnaire on November 24th. So nice to see you got approved given your interview date was only a day before mine, however it took them much longer to send me the questionnaire... sorry I'm rambling! Just wanted to say thanks for all your positive energy on this thread! ❤️ 

17 hours ago, Danii said:

Congratulations Dani on getting your Visa and all of your valuable comments and contributions. 
I submitted my D 5535 form on December 20, status was updated December 23rd.I also received an email saying thank you for submitting required information and now your case is in administrative process. So  Now is the waiting game.. my medical will expire in May 23. And Canadian police report in March. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.