ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Federico said:

Until I know DHS is not able to allow your entry without valid and not expired medical.

Ya as far as I know too, my question was @Danii

Timeline
18 minutes ago, NykahDeah said:

So I did not get a DS5535, my 221 (g) was for missing medical.

The inquiry I sent specifically asked for a time to complete cause I am about to miss the closing of my house.

So just another kind of generic message ;)

Good to know, thank you!

I only had a medical missing too. I just don’t get how hard it is to open up the report and proceed with visa unless there are  issues with the medical. In that case, they should advise us about any issues so we can proceed forward.

Timeline
55 minutes ago, NykahDeah said:

So I did not get a DS5535, my 221 (g) was for missing medical.

The inquiry I sent specifically asked for a time to complete cause I am about to miss the closing of my house.

So just another kind of generic message ;)

Good to know, thank you!

At this point... another generic message would be an improvement on nada

Timeline
37 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

At this point... another generic message would be an improvement on nada

I just received another generic message from my email sent on Jan 5. No update on case status.

Wao maybe they are not classifying AP by situations or maybe there it’s nothing on the system that says  “hey this person was waiting just for medical and is ready” print the visa, maybe our passport are in a office drawer waiting for someone to pick them up an manually check which ones are ready. This for me it’s completely senseless. Almost a month without an update and heading to the 3 months.

Timeline
Just now, Federico said:

Wao maybe they are not classifying AP by situations or maybe there it’s nothing on the system that says  “hey this person was waiting just for medical and is ready” print the visa, maybe our passport are in a office drawer waiting for someone to pick them up an manually check which ones are ready. This for me it’s completely senseless. Almost a month without an update and heading to the 3 months.

without any exaggeration, I really honestly believe they do this, at least in part, "because they can". 

52 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

without any exaggeration, I really honestly believe they do this, at least in part, "because they can". 

This is something frustrating. 

Timeline
Just now, ice-qube said:

I am extremely frustrated at the moment. 76 days since submission, and nothing. 

Just now, ice-qube said:

I am extremely frustrated at the moment. 76 days since submission, and nothing. 

Me too!!!!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

How long have you been waiting Redie? My visa application was received June 19, 2019. I have lost so much time. 

4 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

How long have you been waiting Redie? My visa application was received June 19, 2019. I have lost so much time. 

I have been waiting a total of 20 months since the initial start of my visa application.  You have been waiting so much longer. I truly hope you hear something very soon.  That is a ridiculous amount of time to be waiting. I totally agree that so much time has been lost.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Redie said:

I have been waiting a total of 20 months since the initial start of my visa application.  You have been waiting so much longer. I truly hope you hear something very soon.  That is a ridiculous amount of time to be waiting. I totally agree that so much time has been lost.

And I honestly don't understand it. I followed everything by the book. I even have a NEXUS card, how much more vetting do they need to do of me??

Timeline
1 hour ago, Redie said:

I just received another generic message from my email sent on Jan 5. No update on case status.

Well still says refused but now I have a case update dated today.

Timeline
Just now, ice-qube said:

Ya that is likely bc of the email response.

Which I'm surprised it took so long since I got the email this morning @ 11:53.

So 4 hour delay in system update? Interesting data point. Probably useless.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.