ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, ice-qube said:

Lol, ya grrrreeaaattt.

Well, if it makes you feel better, I've had lots of emails back and forth with the consulate (had some major administrative errors and ended up expediting my case from NVC to the consulate) and they always reply.. usually takes 10-11 days, quicker than NVC.

Timeline
Just now, NykahDeah said:

Well, if it makes you feel better, I've had lots of emails back and forth with the consulate (had some major administrative errors and ended up expediting my case from NVC to the consulate) and they always reply.. usually takes 10-11 days, quicker than NVC.

Well, I am really stretching on things to make me feel better now.... I am very tired of it all. After 2 years and 7 months of the immigration process, I have really grown weary.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, mam521 said:

I was thinking the same - this is a different person responding to the e-mail.  I don't think I've seen anyone mention OP24 in the past.  

I've only seen OP03 and OP29. Hopefully this is a good sign!

Timeline
1 minute ago, ice-qube said:

Well, I am really stretching on things to make me feel better now.... I am very tired of it all. After 2 years and 7 months of the immigration process, I have really grown weary.

I can't imagine how stressful and frustrating that is. The lack of communication, clarity and transparency has tested my faith in seeing an end any time soon.

I really hope you and everyone here sees some movement and get their happy ending! 

We got this.. one day at a time.

Timeline
1 hour ago, DS5535 said:

@Redie @ice-qube that doesnt sound promising. "At the end of 2 months we pulled you for more review"

Recieved email back in 1hr. I also got a generic email.

I really believe this is a good sign for you! Especially when you said you have had 2 fairly recent updates! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Why do you guys think Canadians are starting to get issued 221(g)'s more than usual? I'm from Windsor, Ontario (border city with Detroit, Michigan). I see the U.S. every day (literally, I see the GM headquarters across the Detroit River every day). How different are Canadians to the Americans for us to be getting this kind of treatment. As a Windsorite, it is particularly frustrating, a prime example of "so close yet so far." Nevertheless, thanks for the extra comfort you guys provide me!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Loaiza13 said:

When you email the embassy, what all information needs to be included?

Your Immigrant case number at the very least (I always put it in the subject line and the body), a clear reason why you're contacting them and any other information that could help them locate / answer your inquiry.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tony Nikolovski said:

Why do you guys think Canadians are starting to get issued 221(g)'s more than usual? I'm from Windsor, Ontario (border city with Detroit, Michigan). I see the U.S. every day (literally, I see the GM headquarters across the Detroit River every day). How different are Canadians to the Americans for us to be getting this kind of treatment. As a Windsorite, it is particularly frustrating, a prime example of "so close yet so far." Nevertheless, thanks for the extra comfort you guys provide me!

The skyline of Detroit is taunting you. For real though, no one knows why they are using 221g so much at Montreal now. My favoured hypothesis is bureaucratic sleight of hand, which I have bored people with ad nauseum earlier in this thread.

Hello Everyone, 

just a quick question, Is it allowed if someone just crosses the border to the US to activate a Visa and return through the next exit? Will the covid test also be active for same day return to Canada without making any contacts in the US. What about quarantine @From_CAN_2_US, @Danii, @Tony Nikolovski Do the border people have any idea? 
thanks

9 minutes ago, Sharma Ali said:

Hello Everyone, 

just a quick question, Is it allowed if someone just crosses the border to the US to activate a Visa and return through the next exit? Will the covid test also be active for same day return to Canada without making any contacts in the US. What about quarantine @From_CAN_2_US, @Danii, @Tony Nikolovski Do the border people have any idea? 
thanks

Yes, you're allowed to do that. Just know that you will no longer be a resident of Canada (not sure what province you're in but you're no longer eligible for your provincial health care. There may be some other things like that but I'm not sure of them. Maybe check the main Montreal thread FAQ for that info as I believe this question has been asked there before). Yes, as long as the covid test was taken 72 hours before your re-entry into Canada, it is accepted. I don't think there is any mandatory quarantine anymore for those fully vaccinated. It's been like that for some time, not sure if it's been changed 🤔 

Edit: added some more info 

Edited by Danii

3 minutes ago, Danii said:

Yes, you're allowed to do that. Just know that you will no longer be a resident of Canada (not sure what province you're in but you're no longer eligible for your provincial health care. There may be some other things like but I'm not sure of them. Maybe check the main Montreal thread FAQ for that info as I believe this question has been asked there before). Yes, as long as the covid test was taken 72 hours before your re-entry into Canada, it is accepted. 

@Danii thanks For the  prompt reply and thrilled for you making through this dreaded 5535. We’ll though miss your leadership. 

Edited by Sharma Ali

1 minute ago, Sharma Ali said:

@Danii thanks For the  prompt reply and thrilled for you making through this dreaded 5535. We’ll though miss your leadership. 

No problem at all and thank you so much!! I hope that you and your family hear good news very soon 🙏

2 hours ago, Danii said:

Yes, you're allowed to do that. Just know that you will no longer be a resident of Canada (not sure what province you're in but you're no longer eligible for your provincial health care. There may be some other things like that but I'm not sure of them. Maybe check the main Montreal thread FAQ for that info as I believe this question has been asked there before). Yes, as long as the covid test was taken 72 hours before your re-entry into Canada, it is accepted. I don't think there is any mandatory quarantine anymore for those fully vaccinated. It's been like that for some time, not sure if it's been changed 🤔 

Edit: added some more info 

Wait what?

If she is a Canadian citizen, crosses to the states (I'm assuming for green card) then comes back into the border she isn't eligible for that provinces health care?

I'm from Alberta

Edited by DS5535

34 minutes ago, DS5535 said:

Wait what?

If she is a Canadian citizen, crosses to the states (I'm assuming for green card) then comes back into the border she isn't eligible for that provinces health care?

I'm from Alberta

Can I just keep my mouth closed? How would Alberta Health know? Also for some reason my embassy was montreal (Quebec) not Alberta.

Cross from Different Province?

Edited by DS5535

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.