ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, DS5535 said:

Screenshot_20220110-115017_Gmail.jpg

That’s amazing! Great to see the progress and a more definitive reply from Montreal consulate. May I ask when did you email them?

This might be evidence that contacting senator or even informing Montreal that you intend to do so grabs their attention.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Well that is certainly more detailed information than I got in the reply to my email on December 29. I wonder why they are being more forthright with you. Sounds promising.

Is it because @DS5535 mentioned approaching a senator? 

Edit - May also be because their file has received the final DS-5535 clearance (which is not done by the consulate but probably DHS) and now just needs to undergo some clerical work to get issued. Basically, it may now be within their control and they see the end in sight.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
3 minutes ago, DS5535 said:

@Redie @ice-qube that doesnt sound promising. "At the end of 2 months we pulled ypu for more review"

Recieved email back in 1hr. I also got a generic email.

The way I am reading it, your file has received DS-5535 clearance (remember the date stamp @Danii had from a week or so before her case was approved?), and as of last week, is waiting to be looked at by a CO for final issuance

Looks like just waiting for someone’s signature or something similar. I think you are very close to the finish line.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
4 minutes ago, DS5535 said:

@Redie @ice-qube that doesnt sound promising. "At the end of 2 months we pulled you for more review"

Recieved email back in 1hr. I also got a generic email.

I have no idea how to take it, but it is certainly a more detailed response, and on that I guess you should take it as a win. With your experience as inspiration, I just emailed them again myself. I don't know if that was a good idea or not.

16 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

I have no idea how to take it, but it is certainly a more detailed response, and on that I guess you should take it as a win. With your experience as inspiration, I just emailed them again myself. I don't know if that was a good idea or not.

I mean, it's straight to the point/formal and without insult. Why wouldn't they respond.

Dude, I'm tired of this. I can only imagine the 3 month guys. May it be easy on all of us.

Timeline
Just now, DS5535 said:

I mean, it's straight to the point/formal and without insult. Why wouldn't they respond.

Dude, I'm tired of this. I can only imagine the 3 month guys. May it be easy on all of us.

For sure. I am very tired of it, it's too long all ready. Weirdly, I sent the email and didn't get the generic response even yet.

43 minutes ago, DS5535 said:

Screenshot_20220110-115017_Gmail.jpg

This is really interesting. Like I mentioned last week, it seems like the security clearances are received by the consulate 1-3 weeks before approval. I was wondering what work needs to be done after, I guess whatever that is, they're doing it now. I would take this as good news. Seems like there's also a new officer answering emails (OP24), so maybe they have more people in general working on the AP backlog. OP03 is the one who tends to send very generic, long replies. 

Timeline
Just now, Danii said:

This is really interesting. Like I mentioned last week, it seems like the security clearances are received by the consulate 1-3 weeks before approval. I was wondering what work needs to be done after, I guess whatever that is, they're doing it now. I would take this as good news. Seems like there's also a new officer answering emails (OP24), so maybe they have more people in general working on the AP backlog. OP03 is the one who tends to send very generic, long replies. 

Interestingly, over half an hour already since I sent an email and no generic email response. Is that normal?

Timeline
1 minute ago, ice-qube said:

Interestingly, over half an hour already since I sent an email and no generic email response. Is that normal?

I sent one on Jan 5th and never got the generic response either. Still haven't responded. Not sure if they send one every time.

Timeline
Just now, NykahDeah said:

I sent one on Jan 5th and never got the generic response either. Still haven't responded. Not sure if they send one every time.

Not even the auto-generated one? Previously they sent the auto-generated one. But nothing this time.

Timeline
Just now, ice-qube said:

Not even the auto-generated one? Previously they sent the auto-generated one. But nothing this time.

Not even the auto-generated one. Maybe our emails ended up in the black hole of their email system ;).

5 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

I wouldn't always get the auto generated response. Maybe 20-30% of the time? I think it depends on how full their inbox is? Who knows. I tried really hard to see if there is a trend in how they reply to emails but it's all random 

Edited by Danii

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Danii said:

I was thinking the same - this is a different person responding to the e-mail.  I don't think I've seen anyone mention OP24 in the past.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.