ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Krisara said:

Good Morning everyone.  We are in the process of gathering information, filling out privacy forms for State reps and Senators. For those of you who have already reached out to yours for help and have heard back from them, what case files did you include in your request package?  Were there any documents in particular that they state offices requested from you?  

Thank you as always for your input and help!

We sent a copy of our 221g form and let them know the ETA that our CO gave us (if any). It may be quicker to give them a call first so they'll know to expect your email. No particular documents. I think once you fill out the Privacy Release with your A number/petitioner/beneficiary they'll be able to look up your case easily. Wishing you success!

Timeline

Taking a look at the spreadsheet today... it seems there are several people approaching 90 days in AP and even a couple on their way to the 100 day mark. I would love to know what the man is fiddling with back there behind the curtain.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Taking a look at the spreadsheet today... it seems there are several people approaching 90 days in AP and even a couple on their way to the 100 day mark. I would love to know what the man is fiddling with back there behind the curtain.

My moms only social media is YouTube where she watches cooking videos and tries out new recipes. As a retired 60year old, waiting for come with her family here, it’s a way to pass her time. 
maybe they are checking out the cooking videos themselves and making the recipe to ensure it’s super safe and doesn’t contain anything bad to hurt America. It does have hella spices (we are Indian) so maybe the spices can hurt them! 😆😂

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
Just now, BatmanFlow said:

My moms only social media is YouTube where she watches cooking videos and tries out new recipes. As a retired 60year old, waiting for come with her family here, it’s a way to pass her time. 
maybe they are checking out the cooking videos themselves and making the recipe to ensure it’s super safe and doesn’t contain anything bad to hurt America. It does have hella spices (we are Indian) so maybe the spices can hurt them! 😆😂

Lmao, they are missing out then, Indian food is amazing! I have discovered an amazing Indian resto right in my neighbourhood. Indian food is always flavourful, but this one stands out bc it is the quality of it, it isn't just murdered with ghee and cream and the curries aren't so pulverized that the vegetables aren't tender anymore. Maybe if the Americans could try this stuff they wouldn't be afraid of it... 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Lmao, they are missing out then, Indian food is amazing! I have discovered an amazing Indian resto right in my neighbourhood. Indian food is always flavourful, but this one stands out bc it is the quality of it, it isn't just murdered with ghee and cream and the curries aren't so pulverized that the vegetables aren't tender anymore. Maybe if the Americans could try this stuff they wouldn't be afraid of it... 

Of course once I move to Miami, there goes that find!

Timeline
23 hours ago, CAN_PA said:

I'm annoyed with you. I would contact the State Rep again. When we contacted the State Rep, they had 3 office locations. We were going to call each one and see who would help. Luckily the first Rep lady who picked up the phone was kind enough to email us Privacy Release document, what we needed them to inquiry about, yadda yadda yadda, and forwarded within a day. I doubt you actually "contact" the Congressperson, but there has to be at least as many staff Reps as there are Consulate CO's. Someone is bound to help out. I would recommend writing a VERY formal letter because you never know how many staff are reading on your inquiry. All the best!

@CAN_PAdid you contact your state rep or  did your spouse in the US?

Timeline
Just now, Tony Nikolovski said:

When you login to CEAC and see a date update, are those meaningless, arbitrary, automated updates, or, does this mean something more? Are they reviewing your case every time a date is updated?

That's a good question. In my opinion, I believe it doesn't even have to be a human who looked at the case, it could even be automated updates, such as when a system updates with a report, etc. I don't think there is any way of being sure. I know also that when they send email replies, the date will also update that day it is sent. 

1 minute ago, ice-qube said:

That's a good question. In my opinion, I believe it doesn't even have to be a human who looked at the case, it could even be automated updates, such as when a system updates with a report, etc. I don't think there is any way of being sure. I know also that when they send email replies, the date will also update that day it is sent. 

Yeah, I noticed that it updates on email responses. However, it updated again today even though they haven't yet responded to my email. Hopefully it means something more than just a random system update. Thanks!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Redie said:

@CAN_PAdid you contact your state rep or  did your spouse in the US?

My Spouse contacted them. They needed his US Domicile (which we had established months ago) verification as they weren't assisting anyone outside his State. Hope this makes sense.

Edited by CAN_PA

Timeline
15 minutes ago, CAN_PA said:

My Spouse contacted them. They needed his US Domicile (which we had established months ago) verification as they weren't assisting anyone outside his State. Hope this makes sense.

Yes it does and thanks once again for your help 

Timeline
1 minute ago, DS5535 said:

Screenshot_20220110-115017_Gmail.jpg

Well that is certainly more detailed information than I got in the reply to my email on December 29. I wonder why they are being more forthright with you. Sounds promising.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.