ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

That's awesome. Is this unique to K1 cases? Or does this happen to IR1/CR1 cases too?

All the searches I found it was a K visa thing. Didn’t see anyone with a CR/IR visa go through this step.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, DS5535 said:

It's officially now 2 months. I'm angry and annoyed and no one can tell me anything about it. @Ontarkie

Is there room for another villain? @ice-qube

Come on over to the Dark Side!

Timeline
18 hours ago, DS5535 said:

It's officially now 2 months. I'm angry and annoyed and no one can tell me anything about it. @Ontarkie

Is there room for another villain? @ice-qube

I'm annoyed with you. I would contact the State Rep again. When we contacted the State Rep, they had 3 office locations. We were going to call each one and see who would help. Luckily the first Rep lady who picked up the phone was kind enough to email us Privacy Release document, what we needed them to inquiry about, yadda yadda yadda, and forwarded within a day. I doubt you actually "contact" the Congressperson, but there has to be at least as many staff Reps as there are Consulate CO's. Someone is bound to help out. I would recommend writing a VERY formal letter because you never know how many staff are reading on your inquiry. All the best!

1 hour ago, CAN_PA said:

I'm annoyed with you. I would contact the State Rep again. When we contacted the State Rep, they had 3 office locations. We were going to call each one and see who would help. Luckily the first Rep lady who picked up the phone was kind enough to email us Privacy Release document, what we needed them to inquiry about, yadda yadda yadda, and forwarded within a day. I doubt you actually "contact" the Congressperson, but there has to be at least as many staff Reps as there are Consulate CO's. Someone is bound to help out. I would recommend writing a VERY formal letter because you never know how many staff are reading on your inquiry. All the best!

Didn't you read the previous mod post? You can't tell me anything about feelings.

Timeline

Done the interview some days ago (CR1+IR2) in Montreal.At the end CO gave us the paper with AP crossed out.She said I am not able to approve you guys today because I need you to put you guys on AP..On the NVC website for my son is showing he is IR2 BUT  the paper CO gave it to us my son is CR2!!!!!! She took our passport and did return all the original documents to us and said you are good to go for today!

She did not mention about DS3353 but AP.

CEAC showing REFUSED!

My husband is a USA citizen and we are Canadian citizen.My son is 18 years old and non biological child' petitioner .

Any idea around  how long it will takes time to get approval?

Thanks in advance and appreciated  for your time.

Edited by Banoo999

Timeline
1 hour ago, DS5535 said:

Didn't you read the previous mod post? You can't tell me anything about feelings.

HA! I'm looking forward to reading posts in the next couple weeks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Banoo999 said:

Done the interview some days ago (CR1+IR2) in Montreal.At the end CO gave us the paper with AP crossed out.She said I am not able to approve you guys today because I need you to put you guys on AP..On the NVC website for my son is showing he is IR2 BUT  the paper CO gave it to us my son is CR2!!!!!! She took our passport and did return all the original documents to us and said you are good to go for today!

CEAC showing REFUSED!

My husband is a USA citizen and we are Canadian citizen.My son is 18 years old and non biological child' petitioner .

I removed your thread for this question. We ask you only post your question once. The IR/Cr Forum will not be familiar with the issues you have regarding Montreal. This post is your best bet as so many others are having similar issues.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ontarkie said:

I removed your thread for this question. We ask you only post your question once. The IR/Cr Forum will not be familiar with the issues you have regarding Montreal. This post is your best bet as so many others are having similar issues.

Edited by Banoo999

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Banoo999 said:

CEAC showing REFUSED!

Someone has made a spreadsheet that lists all of us that we are aware are in AP. Did they mention that they would be sending you questions by email? If so, they will be sending you the DS5535 questions. If they are not sending you questions, you can see the other people on the list who are in blue, but none of them have been approved yet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L8T4Yp7oWm0imRrEOEES_28QicBY1DsKKvMmEGMVPd4/edit?usp=sharing

None of us know how long it will take. Until recently, this didn't happen to many people and the times ranged from 6 weeks to 14 months. (Edit: These were times I saw for K1, so your mileage may vary)

Do not worry about the CEAC saying refused - it will until it is issued. You just don't want to see "Denied". 

I'm not really sure about the CR2 vs IR2 issue - I did K1 and am not familiar.

Sorry this happened to you. You're not alone and hopefully more people will be approved soon and give us a better idea of the timeframe. I would recommend reading through this thread to get an idea of the common questions and answers. Take care!

Edited by Rosinasaur
clarification

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Rosinasaur said:

Someone has made a spreadsheet that lists all of us that we are aware are in AP. Did they mention that they would be sending you questions by email? If so, they will be sending you the DS5535 questions. If they are not sending you questions, you can see the other people on the list who are in blue, but none of them have been approved yet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L8T4Yp7oWm0imRrEOEES_28QicBY1DsKKvMmEGMVPd4/edit?usp=sharing

None of us know how long it will take. Until recently, this didn't happen to many people and the times ranged from 6 weeks to 14 months. (Edit: These were times I saw for K1, so your mileage may vary)

Do not worry about the CEAC saying refused - it will until it is issued. You just don't want to see "Denied". 

I'm not really sure about the CR2 vs IR2 issue - I did K1 and am not familiar.

Sorry this happened to you. You're not alone and hopefully more people will be approved soon and give us a better idea of the timeframe. I would recommend reading through this thread to get an idea of the common questions and answers. Take care!

Thanks a lot .Wish you and  everyone here all  the best.

They did not ask for any other documents  because she got all the original documents and returned to us after she did scan and she did not mention that I will receive the 5535 form and she kept our passport.

Edited by Banoo999

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good Morning everyone.  We are in the process of gathering information, filling out privacy forms for State reps and Senators. For those of you who have already reached out to yours for help and have heard back from them, what case files did you include in your request package?  Were there any documents in particular that they state offices requested from you?  

Thank you as always for your input and help!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Hijack post removed~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.