ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, CAN_PA said:

I've been Issued today. It's under "Issued-AP". Just a recap: I sent an email to my State Rep on January 4 for an inquiry on our case, and today received the "Issued-AP" (last case update was Dec 15). So luckily my Rep was able to get through to the Consulate. I'm wishing everyone to receive their visas as quickly as possible! It's been an extremely stressful and exhausting wait. I definitely would resend a letter to the State Rep if things are still in limbo. I'll write again once passport has been received. Thanks everyone for the support. This forum was truly helpful.

Amazing news! Congrats to you and enjoy

Timeline
10 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Thanks Redie! I wish all the best for you and the rest of the forum. 

2 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Yes, it doesn't make sense for a spousal visa from Canada to the US to take more than 2.5 years. It just doesn't. It's a fact that this system is broken, as there is no defensible reason even from a pure institutional performance perspective for this. 

Have you tried reaching out to your senator or congressperson? Their inquiry might bring attention to your case.

Timeline
Just now, Redie said:

Have you tried reaching out to your senator or congressperson? Their inquiry might bring attention to your case.

My wife can try to do that, perhaps. after 90 days I will do so. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Redie said:

CAN_PA's case is a bit different though. They were APed for medical. Quite frankly, I don't believe their congressperson inquiry did anything much, it was just a matter of missing the medical and having someone check that over.  I think it was coincidental.

27 minutes ago, CAN_PA said:

I've been Issued today. It's under "Issued-AP". Just a recap: I sent an email to my State Rep on January 4 for an inquiry on our case, and today received the "Issued-AP" (last case update was Dec 15). So luckily my Rep was able to get through to the Consulate. I'm wishing everyone to receive their visas as quickly as possible! It's been an extremely stressful and exhausting wait. I definitely would resend a letter to the State Rep if things are still in limbo. I'll write again once passport has been received. Thanks everyone for the support. This forum was truly helpful.

Congratulations at least the new year have come with great news in the first week, let’s hope this continue.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Federico said:

Congratulations at least the new year have come with great news in the first week, let’s hope this continue.

Amen. Lest anyone thinks I am hating on them for having good news, they are getting me wrong. Perhaps at some level "envy" is part of it, and no it is not praiseworthy, but it is very human. Anyone who says they don't feel some envy for someone else getting something they themselves aspire to are probably liars, if mostly to themselves. I both envy these people being approved, and I am also happy for them. I am angry at the system, and people can choose to interpret my anger as pessimism and bad vibes, or they can see it as me venting the frustration of being stuck so long in limbo and being rightfully irritated at the stupidity of bureaucracy. 

Timeline
47 minutes ago, CAN_PA said:

Congratulations, that is great news! Hoping the rest of us receive the same!

32 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Amen. Lest anyone thinks I am hating on them for having good news, they are getting me wrong. Perhaps at some level "envy" is part of it, and no it is not praiseworthy, but it is very human. Anyone who says they don't feel some envy for someone else getting something they themselves aspire to are probably liars, if mostly to themselves. I both envy these people being approved, and I am also happy for them. I am angry at the system, and people can choose to interpret my anger as pessimism and bad vibes, or they can see it as me venting the frustration of being stuck so long in limbo and being rightfully irritated at the stupidity of bureaucracy. 

I feel being "Envious" and "Happy for someone" then to say your "angry at the system" are extreme ends of a spectrum. I'm not envious of anyone here nor do I aspire to be a "Liar" on the contrary I am happy for others hearing positive news as it's indicative to myself also receiving positive news, sooner or later. 

Ur free to vent your frustration. The comments of 'whoa is me' and 'everyone's getting progress except me' doesn't do anything for your psyche or overall well being nor does it inspire others here.

We all dont know why we are here. Im sure most of us are professionals the American Economy would benefit from. We all missed holidays with our spouses, Im personally watching my pregnant wife over a FaceTime for the last 2 months (Healthcare bullshit + American) and I had to find a new home for my dog (can't express how difficult that was and still is) I have had my car packed to drive down the border living temporary with friends/family. Imagine how I feel, but the 'woah is me' comments won't help me, probably make me feel worse if anything.

The best we can do is support others by gaining a better sense what we can do moving forward and share information  that may better explain/Assist in our cases.

I'm also disappointed with the process but it's not helpful or encouraging to anyone. If someone had good news or an update, that's great news. I hope that on the next person and myself because we all have lives separate from. Ds5535

I'm happy for everyone's eventual good news and am NOT envious of you for it. I personally wish everyone good fortune and hope you have a second or two to wish it upon me as well.

Edited by DS5535

6 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

I am no saying that, I am not saying you are hating nobody, I understand you perfectly, I was just congratulating CA_PAN.

We just can wait, we cannot do anything else the only thing we have is hope, I am the kind of person who doesn’t believe in fairy tails and I know that nothing gonna happen magically but my hope is the guy there at the embassy pick up  my passport and change the the status to ISSUED_AP.

To be clear any intentions to make you look bad just congratulating CA_PAN. There is not reason to envy something because this not a situation where the fact that someone gets approved means the other won’t be approved, of course I will prefer be approved instead of CA_PAN but this is not the situation. 

I have checked my status more than 5 times todays wishing see at least an update because almost 3 weeks without any news. 

I know what you feel but we can’t do anything, I mail my consulate and just get one of your bureaucratic answers:

“The department working your case has a huge quantity of cases, this check could take severals weeks and is required to complete your cases”

Remember I am not from Canada maybe that’s why I get a different reply.

Timeline
1 minute ago, DS5535 said:

I feel being "Envious" and "Happy for someone" then to say your "angry at the system" are extreme ends of a spectrum. I'm not envious of anyone here nor do I aspire to be a "Liar" on the contrary I am happy for others hearing positive news as it's indicative to myself also receiving positive news, sooner or later. 

Ur free to vent your frustration. The comments of 'whoa is me' and 'everyone's getting progress except me' doesn't do anything for your psyche or overall well being nor does it inspire others here.

We all dont know why we are here. Im sure most of us are professionals the American Economy would benefit from. We all missed holidays with our spouses, Im personally watching my pregnant wife over a FaceTime for the last 2 months (Healthcare bullshit + American) and I had to find a new home for my dog (can't express how difficult that was and still is) I have had my car packed to drive down the border living temporary with friends/family.

The best we can do is support others by gaining a better sense what we can do moving forward and share information  that may better explain/Assist in our cases.

I'm also disappointed with the process but it's not helpful or encouraging to anyone. If someone had good news or an update, that's great news. I hope that on the next person and myself because we all have lives separate from. Ds5535

I'm happy for everyone's eventual good news and am NOT envious of your for it. I personally wish everyone good fortune and hope you have a second or two to wish it upon me as well.

To the extent they are "extreme ends of a spectrum", well that is part of my point: it is *Human* to have mixed emotions about things. That is very consistent with the human condition. I guess you are a superior person who never experiences flawed emotions, such as envy, etc? It is possible, who am I to say what is in your heart, and it would be an attempt to disprove a negative. But to the extent I believe in the universality of the human condition, I would say I would not put my money on it if called to make a bet. 

I have expressed my good wishes for people several times here, and wish you good luck as well. I have also shared with great detail my own case so that people may gather information from it. I believe I am doing my part, even if you don't personally care for my style and my honest expression of emotions. I don't use this forum as my therapy or my inspiration. I come here to see what is up with people going through similar. 

1 minute ago, ice-qube said:

To the extent they are "extreme ends of a spectrum", well that is part of my point: it is *Human* to have mixed emotions about things. That is very consistent with the human condition. I guess you are a superior person who never experiences flawed emotions, such as envy, etc? It is possible, who am I to say what is in your heart, and it would be an attempt to disprove a negative. But to the extent I believe in the universality of the human condition, I would say I would not put my money on it if called to make a bet. 

I have expressed my good wishes for people several times here, and wish you good luck as well. I have also shared with great detail my own case so that people may gather information from it. I believe I am doing my part, even if you don't personally care for my style and my honest expression of emotions. I don't use this forum as my therapy or my inspiration. I come here to see what is up with people going through similar. 

Superior person, not even close.

You do you man, 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Federico said:

I am no saying that, I am not saying you are hating nobody, I understand you perfectly, I was just congratulating CA_PAN.

We just can wait, we cannot do anything else the only thing we have is hope, I am the kind of person who doesn’t believe in fairy tails and I know that nothing gonna happen magically but my hope is the guy there at the embassy pick up  my passport and change the the status to ISSUED_AP.

To be clear any intentions to make you look bad just congratulating CA_PAN. There is not reason to envy something because this not a situation where the fact that someone gets approved means the other won’t be approved, of course I will prefer be approved instead of CA_PAN but this is not the situation. 

I have checked my status more than 5 times todays wishing see at least an update because almost 3 weeks without any news. 

I know what you feel but we can’t do anything, I mail my consulate and just get one of your bureaucratic answers:

“The department working your case has a huge quantity of cases, this check could take severals weeks and is required to complete your cases”

Remember I am not from Canada maybe that’s why I get a different reply.

Oh don't get me wrong, wasn't saying that you were saying anything. @DS5535 doesn't like my style, thinks I am too negative and pessimistic. Fair comment, even if I disagree.

4 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Oh don't get me wrong, wasn't saying that you were saying anything. @DS5535 doesn't like my style, thinks I am too negative and pessimistic. Fair comment, even if I disagree.

You either die a hero (get visa in timely manner) or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. @ice-qube

Timeline
Just now, DS5535 said:

You either die a hero (get visa in timely manner) or live long enough to see yourself become the villain. @ice-qube

Well, lol, clever. Perhaps I have already become the villain of this thread. I have not died a hero. 

14 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Well, lol, clever. Perhaps I have already become the villain of this thread. I have not died a hero. 

THE DS5535 HAS DONE TOO MUCH!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.