ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 minutes ago, DS5535 said:

@BatmanFlow it's been >60 days. What have you guys done about it?

I don’t think we can do much other than wait? Does NVC have a official timeline for when they reply to APs?

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Federico said:

Not even an update? 

The online last updated dated changed once at the end of October and then on November 24. Nothing since. 

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

3 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Sorry for confusion. I was not issued DS5535 or put in AP. I have been following this thread for last few months in anticipation of being issued DS5535, as I thought I was a likely candidate as a brown woman who grew up in the middle East and lived in several countries. I somehow dodged the bullet though and got approved on the spot on the day of my interview last week, and received my passport yesterday.

I'm happy one of us made it.

1 hour ago, BatmanFlow said:

I don’t think we can do much other than wait? Does NVC have a official timeline for when they reply to APs?

There's no timeline 😞 but you could reach out to your representative or senator and ask them to send in an inquiry. Some people say it can make a difference, but there's no way to tell if any movement after the inquiry is because of the inquiry or just a coincidence. Doesn't hurt to try though! 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Danii said:

There's no timeline 😞 but you could reach out to your representative or senator and ask them to send in an inquiry. Some people say it can make a difference, but there's no way to tell if any movement after the inquiry is because of the inquiry or just a coincidence. Doesn't hurt to try though! 

That is true. I will wait until Jan 7, that’s three months and then send an inquiry out 

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, BatmanFlow said:

mom got the DS 5535. interview october 4. sent response back oct 7. still no change. in the same interview my step dad was approved. both canadian citizens

6 hours ago, BatmanFlow said:

The online last updated dated changed once at the end of October and then on November 24. Nothing since. 

What does their online status show? So your dad got the visa yet or both are waiting?

Timeline
39 minutes ago, dee&vee said:

What does their online status show? So your dad got the visa yet or both are waiting?

Refused. 
lol I wish! He was a smoker so his lungs didn’t come clear. So he had to be additional TB testing. He did them on November 5, and the facility said it’ll take two months for results to come. So hopefully his medical is sent over second week of January. But other than that, he’s been approved. Status for him is also refused. 

really hoping good news for both of them no later than January 

Edited by BatmanFlow

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

Hello guys!

I'm new to this forum, thread, and DS-3353 stuff. I had my interview on December 10th (6 days ago) and was issued a 221(g). On December 13th (3 days ago), I filled out the DS-3353 'questionnaire,' but I'm hearing that it might take long to process. How long should I expect the processing time to be at the Montreal Consulate?

Thank you in advance for your insights!

Hello guys!

I'm new to this forum, thread, and DS-3353 stuff. I had my interview on December 10th (6 days ago) and was issued a 221(g). On December 13th (3 days ago), I filled out the DS-3353 'questionnaire,' but I'm hearing that it might take long to process. How long should I expect the processing time to be at the Montreal Consulate?

10 minutes ago, Tony Nikolovski said:

Hello guys!

Hey Tony, sorry this is happening to you, but welcome to our group. We try to support each other any way we can.

To give you an idea of how long the wait is, my interview was Oct. 13th 2021, I submitted my DS on Oct. 14th, and I'm still waiting. Only one person has gotten approved, or denied for that matter, since I've joined this group. That person's case was 2 weeks before mine and took 45 days to process. 

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask any questions!

Edited by DrJanko10

Timeline

I just picked up my passport. They did indeed issue the Visa however it is stamped with “CANCELED WITHOUT PREJUDICE”

It also came with the refusal letter with “additional processing is required. We will contact you when complete” checked off on the form. 

I was so close…..

2 minutes ago, DrJanko10 said:

Hey Toby, sorry this is happening to you, but welcome to our group. We try to support each other any way we can.

To give you an idea of how long the wait is, my interview was Oct. 13th 2021, I submitted my DS on Oct. 14th, and I'm still waiting. Only one person has gotten approved, or denied for that matter, since I've joined this group. That person's case was 2 weeks before mine and took 45 days to process. 

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask any questions!

Hello! Thanks for the approximate timeframe. There's a long road ahead. I'm assuming that this is a 'first come first serve' type of thing, or does that not apply here? I ask because I also heard that it varies case-by-case.

22 minutes ago, Tony Nikolovski said:

Hello! Thanks for the approximate timeframe. There's a long road ahead. I'm assuming that this is a 'first come first serve' type of thing, or does that not apply here? I ask because I also heard that it varies case-by-case.

This is just an assumption, because we're not experts about it here, but I think it varies case by case and not a "first come, first serve" basis. We shall find out if this theory is correct once someone else is approved.

29 minutes ago, Hamlet said:

I just picked up my passport. They did indeed issue the Visa however it is stamped with “CANCELED WITHOUT PREJUDICE”

It also came with the refusal letter with “additional processing is required. We will contact you when complete” checked off on the form. 

I was so close…..

I am so sorry to hear that Hamlet :( what a mind f***

2 hours ago, Hamlet said:

I was so close…..

I'm so sorry  :( Someone definitely made an error while handling your case. After hearing another users story about how Montreal delayed their visa because their fingerprints didn't save properly, I'm convinced that Montreal needs to re-train a lot of their officers. This sort of negligence is so wrong. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.