ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, Hello100 said:

What do you guys reckon is "easier," per se, crossing a land border or airport Port of Entry?

I don't think it really makes a difference. Busier crossing you will want to go when it's slower. I crossed at 7Am at the SOO border but we had a dog, 2 cats, a cockatiel, a hamster and 4 kids. Other then them having to get the 1 guy who knew what he was doing to work with another guy to process all of us a bit faster. Then wait for the Vet to show up to look at the bird (I had to call ahead for this) we really didn't spend much time at all in there. It all went pretty fast. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Just noticed this thread and god is this soul crushing. Good luck to everyone waiting on their visas. I hope it comes soon!!!!

In general have we noticed an increasing trend of APs at Montreal or was it only during October-December last year when these cases were observed?

Edited by darth vader

Hello, I submitted my DS5535 on Feb 8, 2022, and I am still waiting to hear back. I realized about three weeks ago that I made a typo on my DS5535, but I wasn't too concerned since I have entered the same information correctly on my DS-160 form. Just wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation, and did you follow up with the consulate to correct the information? It has been bothering me a little. The typo was regarding the date i entered under work experience, where instead of typing "2020", I accidentally typed in "2021". 

6 hours ago, SN-2022 said:

Hello, I submitted my DS5535 on Feb 8, 2022, and I am still waiting to hear back. I realized about three weeks ago that I made a typo on my DS5535, but I wasn't too concerned since I have entered the same information correctly on my DS-160 form. Just wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation, and did you follow up with the consulate to correct the information? It has been bothering me a little. The typo was regarding the date i entered under work experience, where instead of typing "2020", I accidentally typed in "2021". 

I sent an updated DS5535 but mentioned the correction in the email body. They confirmed the update, I was eventually approved so it didn't mess with the processing. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/19/2022 at 1:57 AM, darth vader said:

Just noticed this thread and god is this soul crushing. Good luck to everyone waiting on their visas. I hope it comes soon!!!!

In general have we noticed an increasing trend of APs at Montreal or was it only during October-December last year when these cases were observed?

Please read the FAQ which you can find in @Danii’s signature (only on desktop, not on mobile phone)

Timeline
On 3/18/2022 at 5:24 PM, Ontarkie said:

I don't think it really makes a difference. Busier crossing you will want to go when it's slower. I crossed at 7Am at the SOO border but we had a dog, 2 cats, a cockatiel, a hamster and 4 kids. Other then them having to get the 1 guy who knew what he was doing to work with another guy to process all of us a bit faster. Then wait for the Vet to show up to look at the bird (I had to call ahead for this) we really didn't spend much time at all in there. It all went pretty fast. 

No kitchen sink?  ;)  

On 3/18/2022 at 9:44 AM, Hello100 said:

What do you guys reckon is "easier," per se, crossing a land border or airport Port of Entry?

Depends on who's working at the border crossing when you show up, be it air or land.  As long as someone there knows what they are doing, easy peasy.  If you have someone who knows what they are doing but decide to interrogate you, less easy.  If the person has no clue, not easy.  I would say busy airports and busy land crossings are equally as effective.  Smaller, less busy crossings are probably more troublesome just due to a lack of familiarity with the process.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
53 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

So medical expired yesterday. Wonder when they will even be getting at me to ask me for a new one....

Bless your heart, ice-qube! I'm so sorry for the stress you are going though coz you don't deserve this waiting in agony. Hope your case gets processed soon. I know you'll keep us posted on what they say about this second medical business... Meanwhile, another week, another robo reply for me! 🤣

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, ice-qube said:

So medical expired yesterday. Wonder when they will even be getting at me to ask me for a new one....

mine will expire on Thursday. Hopefully we hear something about it. I am getting closer to 180 days

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/18/2022 at 6:24 PM, Ontarkie said:

Case got updated today. Could it be because we submitted an inquiry? This didn't happen in the past. Our medical expires on Thursday

Timeline
42 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

Case got updated today. Could it be because we submitted an inquiry? This didn't happen in the past. Our medical expires on Thursday

I think it most likely is coincidence. If they really worried about the medicals expiry I think you and Ice-cube would have had updates long before now. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

I think it most likely is coincidence. If they really worried about the medicals expiry I think you and Ice-cube would have had updates long before now. 

Yea day gone and no update. So it doesn't appear there is any like system trigger to "IF medical expires THEN send request for new one." No, that would be too logical and organized, I suppose? Or is the idea going to be wait until they want to approve me and then go get it? This is getting dumb, really.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So, we contacting Hacking Immigration Law to file the Mandamus, and they responded "We are not filing lawsuits if the K1 is at the NVC or the Embassy." So I guess we're out of luck with them.

We're going to try contacting a senator because our congresswoman was not helpful at all. We're crossing our fingers. Our last update was Jan 11th, 2022.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.