ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Timeline
6 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

i would confirm with your doctor that they did send the report over and then email the consulate again that the medical was sent in january. They are able to confirm about receipt of medical

That is the issue. Doctor is unable to send the report. They use some system to upload the report but can not find my case number in that system. Doctor is also waiting for response from consulate. :(

4 minutes ago, polar2018 said:

That is the issue. Doctor is unable to send the report. They use some system to upload the report but can not find my case number in that system. Doctor is also waiting for response from consulate. :(

There has to be an email address or fax that doctor can send the medical document directly. I had a case number issue and it was not in the system so my doctor said he'll send it directly (don't know exactly how but I think he said he'll use an "old" way). He then sent me an email to confirm that he sent it. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, nyctor said:

There has to be an email address or fax that doctor can send the medical document directly. I had a case number issue and it was not in the system so my doctor said he'll send it directly (don't know exactly how but I think he said he'll use an "old" way). He then sent me an email to confirm that he sent it. 

When did you do the medical? which doctor? 

Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas MD, CCFP office seems does not know the procedure. they informed me that they have more than 20 case with similar issue (all old cases doing 2nd medical).

3 minutes ago, polar2018 said:

When did you do the medical? which doctor? 

Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas MD, CCFP office seems does not know the procedure. they informed me that they have more than 20 case with similar issue (all old cases doing 2nd medical).

I had Dr. Ian Zatzman and the medical was in November. Perhaps they can reach out to him and figure out how to do it? Sorry I can't help much :( mine was not 2nd medical. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, polar2018 said:

perhaps procedure is changed. They told issue is only related to 2nd medical.

Well this sounds fantastic, as it looks increasingly like I will have to a 2nd medical!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, polar2018 said:

perhaps procedure is changed. They told issue is only related to 2nd medical.

I will be watching your case closely here. I can't believe all this is happening.

Timeline

Another day another nothing. 11 days to go on the medical. I am very upset and don't even know what to do with this upset, tbh. 

1 hour ago, Sean7 said:

Hey guys,

In the form DS5535, does this question mean the expired passports or only passports from other countries? 

“Have you ever held a passport other than the passport listed in your visa application?”

All passports, current and expired

Timeline
6 hours ago, Rozle said:

Hi all, I just wanted to say hello from Scotland! I am also waiting in AP,  my interview was in London on 14 December 2021. Everything went well and they said it was approved, but then sometime in December it went to ‘refused’ and we’ve not heard a peep since. My husband has been living in Texas since the 2 Jan. We had hoped we could travel together after the holidays but the Embassy apparently had other ideas :( I’m living with the parents again and I quit my job in December, so the days are long and it’s so hard not to continually check the CEAC website. No updates for me since 10 Jan. 

This process has been really tough on us and I’ve found a lot of comfort reading your messages over the last few weeks. I’m keeping my fingers and toes crossed for everyone waiting for case updates. Hope you don't mind me crashing your thread. This is no fun!  

welcome to our support group! lol

the waiting game sucks, mentally exhausting. Here's hoping your wait isnt much longer

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, BatmanFlow said:

welcome to our support group! lol

the waiting game sucks, mentally exhausting. Here's hoping your wait isnt much longer

Welcome to our support group. Hopefully your wait is not long! Good luck to you and everyone waiting ☺️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.