ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, wa1756 said:

I tracked it everyday, the passport was dropped off in Toronto, now it is sitting in Richmond, BC. just cry for everyday !!!

Given that it is literally being sent to the consulate down the street, I'll be livid if it takes more than one day. My wife says the person working there said it would be there tomorrow. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: China
Timeline
11 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

?!! Why would it go from Toronto to BC, when it is meant to go to Montreal? 

I really do not know why ? it is circulating in Canada post different location,   I contact the Canada Post custom service,  no solution to it. they ask me to contact the consulate to initiate an investigation. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Federico said:

But if they didn't answer maybe they are doing something.

So far, no answer--but no changes in status either.

2 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Well here we are at the end of the day and no changes and no response to email. Very disappointing.

Let’s hope seen good news tomorrow.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ice-qube said:

I hope so, amigo... I feel quite depressed now.

When they approved my dads, the last updated date updated on day one. Then next day issued AP and third day issued. 

fingers and toes crossed that tomorrow it happens! 

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, BatmanFlow said:

When they approved my dads, the last updated date updated on day one. Then next day issued AP and third day issued. 

fingers and toes crossed that tomorrow it happens! 

Yes, it is going to be issued tomorrow. Fingers crossed for you 

Passport on hands. Just one thing to do.

Wishing that today all of you get the “Issued” status especially for @ice-qube after this long wait everyone deserves be with their love ones and keep their lives rolling.

Had my K-1 interview on Feb 7 and was told I would be approved but hit with the DS-5535 when I got back from the interview.

Replied almost instantly to their email requesting 15 years of information. I believe my first case update was February 8, then February 15, another on February 16, and latest update was February 23. Still refused. 

For some context on my case, I'm British born and moved to Canada when I was under 5. Have only travelled to U.K in 2013 in the last 15 years but have several trips to the USA. I used my British passport until 2016 when I switched to a Canadian passport. 

Our wedding is scheduled for March 17 so I'm really nervous it may not been issued by then. 

Edited by JR90

Timeline
4 minutes ago, JR90 said:

Had my K-1 interview on Feb 7 and was told I would be approved but hit with the DS-5535 when I got back from the interview.

Replied almost instantly to their email requesting 15 years of information. I believe my first case update was February 8, then February 15, another on February 16, and latest update was February 23. Still refused. 

For some context on my case, I'm British born and moved to Canada when I was under 5. Have only travelled to U.K in 2013 in the last 15 years but have several trips to the USA. I used my British passport until 2016 when I switched to a Canadian passport. 

Our wedding is scheduled for March 17 so I'm really nervous it may not been issued by then. 

sorry to hear, unfortunately there's no set timeline on when they approve DS5535 cases. the link below has a spreadsheet that you can track some completed cases and how long it took

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L8T4Yp7oWm0imRrEOEES_28QicBY1DsKKvMmEGMVPd4/edit#gid=0

if you are worried about the wedding, it might be a good idea to just ask for your passport back and if they ask for it back, you can send it back (after wedding) and should get the visa stamped in 2-3 weeks. Better than hoping they approve DS 5535 before your wedding date because DS5535 hell is quite unpredictable in timing

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

2 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

sorry to hear, unfortunately there's no set timeline on when they approve DS5535 cases. the link below has a spreadsheet that you can track some completed cases and how long it took

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L8T4Yp7oWm0imRrEOEES_28QicBY1DsKKvMmEGMVPd4/edit#gid=0

if you are worried about the wedding, it might be a good idea to just ask for your passport back and if they ask for it back, you can send it back (after wedding) and should get the visa stamped in 2-3 weeks. Better than hoping they approve DS 5535 before your wedding date because DS5535 hell is quite unpredictable in timing

Thanks for sharing the spreadsheet, I'll check it out! We're applying for the K1 visa so we can't really get married prior to admission into the USA with the visa. 

Does anyone know if you're allowed to travel to the USA while your DS-5535 is pending? I still have my British passport (embassy has my Canadian one) and curious if I could visit my fiancé. I emailed the embassy asking them but they haven't replied. 

24 minutes ago, JR90 said:

I also had my K-1 interview on Feb 7 and was given a 221(g) for DS-5535 at the interview. I have only seen three updates so far - Feb 8, Feb 11, and Feb 14. 

I really hope they will pick up speed with this process!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, JR90 said:

Thanks for sharing the spreadsheet, I'll check it out! We're applying for the K1 visa so we can't really get married prior to admission into the USA with the visa. 

Does anyone know if you're allowed to travel to the USA while your DS-5535 is pending? I still have my British passport (embassy has my Canadian one) and curious if I could visit my fiancé. I emailed the embassy asking them but they haven't replied. 

You most likely won't have any issues traveling. It's always up in the air with these things. Many have had no issues others just don't want to try. 

Definitely do not get married. If they catch wind of it they will deny the K1 even if it's just for show.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

3 minutes ago, SN-2022 said:

I also had my K-1 interview on Feb 7 and was given a 221(g) for DS-5535 at the interview. I have only seen three updates so far - Feb 8, Feb 11, and Feb 14. 

I really hope they will pick up speed with this process!!

Sorry to hear! I've seen people say the process can take a few weeks but I've yet to see any evidence of that -- seems most people are 50+ days. The spreadsheet data seems really grim. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.