ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Danii said:

So far I know two people who visited while in AP. Some people have avoided it as they worry it's risky, but at this point I think it's as risky as crossing while you were waiting for the interview. You may be turned around, but only if the officer decides to ask a lot of questions/you don't have any proof of ties to Canada (lease/proof of school enrollment/job contract/return ticket, always bring these with you). Sometimes they don't ask questions at all. I can't remember exactly who it was that crossed recently, but they briefly mentioned to the border officer that they are in the last step of the IR1 process and were allowed to cross without any problems.

I am travelling to US to see my gravely I’ll mother-in-law on March 5 and will let you guys know how it went. My husband also sent out emails to Montreal yesterday so let’s see what’s happen.

58 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

"Last updated" this morning--but could be because late in the night I sent an email to them (desperate to do anything at this point).

But if they didn't answer maybe they are doing something.

Edited by Federico

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Federico said:

But if they didn't answer maybe they are doing something.

Sending positive thoughts your way ice-cube. Hopefully this is the week you are going to get issued

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, ice-qube said:

"Last updated" this morning--but could be because late in the night I sent an email to them (desperate to do anything at this point).

Sounds very promising!! I have a good feeling this is your week!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, ice-qube said:

I think this is a good sign ice-qube because they don’t open emails that quickly! Fingers crossed for you. Hopefully today or tomorrow you’ll get your visa! 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: China
Timeline
14 hours ago, Frankphoto said:

For those of you who mailed your passports, is it pretty straight-forward? Are there any other weird unexpected steps in preparation/mailing? 

I mailed our passport to Montreal, My wife passport is still stuck in Canada Post for more than two weeks, it is not be delivered, only waiting,  it is very frustrating, you should be more careful. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, ice-qube said:

i think youre getting close!!!

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

39 minutes ago, wa1756 said:

I mailed our passport to Montreal, My wife passport is still stuck in Canada Post for more than two weeks, it is not be delivered, only waiting,  it is very frustrating, you should be more careful. 

Careful how though? My wife dropped her passport this morning at the montreal post office. Hoping it will not take two weeks... 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, wa1756 said:

Oh no… I hope you have tracking?

@Frankphoto Perhaps sending my UPS / Purolator is more prudent.

Edit - sorry typed this before realising you had already sent the passport

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Frankphoto said:

Yes we have tracking; I was under the impression we had to use this service. The instructions were very specific... 

Oh I see… I guess there isn’t much one can do then.

Canada Post is generally excruciatingly slow in my experience. But I guess they are quite reliable. 

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: China
Timeline
18 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Oh no… I hope you have tracking?

@Frankphoto Perhaps sending my UPS / Purolator is more prudent.

Edit - sorry typed this before realising you had already sent the passport

I tracked it everyday, the passport was dropped off in Toronto, now it is sitting in Richmond, BC. just cry for everyday !!!

Timeline
Just now, wa1756 said:

I tracked it everyday, the passport was dropped off in Toronto, now it is sitting in Richmond, BC. just cry for everyday !!!

?!! Why would it go from Toronto to BC, when it is meant to go to Montreal? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.