ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, OG Fan said:

Good news everyone! I just got an email saying they released my passport and it's being shipped over. That email didn't say anything about being approved/denied, it just simply said they released my passport and gave a tracking number so I was still a little worried.

I also got another 'appointment confirmation' email but with my same Sept 27th date, so I was confused but I noticed they changed my passport pickup location to downtown Toronto so I'm guessing that was an automated email that failed to highlight what exactly was updated.

We checked the CEAC status checker (https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx) and it said it was issued Nov 10th!

Hopefully I'll be picking up my passport next week sometime

So to summarize: Visa interview Sept 27th > Sent DS-5535 Sept 28th > Nov 10-12th (~45 days) visa issued and notified about shipping.

Good luck to everyone waiting, hopefully you'll get yours soon too. I'll keep updating if anything changes

Congratulations and thanks for updating us.

What a relief!

Timeline
On 11/11/2021 at 10:37 AM, From_CAN_2_US said:

Question - Do you know if all of you who were issued the DS-5535 were interviewed by the same CO?

I know the guy who interviewed me had the little Captain America Funko on display at the window, but maybe that is not his window per se, don't know.

40 minutes ago, OG Fan said:

Good news everyone! I just got an email saying they released my passport and it's being shipped over. That email didn't say anything about being approved/denied, it just simply said they released my passport and gave a tracking number so I was still a little worried.

I also got another 'appointment confirmation' email but with my same Sept 27th date, so I was confused but I noticed they changed my passport pickup location to downtown Toronto so I'm guessing that was an automated email that failed to highlight what exactly was updated.

We checked the CEAC status checker (https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx) and it said it was issued Nov 10th!

So to summarize: Visa interview Sept 27th > Sent DS-5535 Sept 28th > Nov 10-12th (~45 days) visa issued and notified about shipping.

Good luck to everyone waiting, hopefully you'll get yours soon too. I'll keep updating if anything changes

That's amazing, congratulations! I'm next in line, so hopefully the ~45 days applies to me too (and everyone else for that matter)! 

1 hour ago, OG Fan said:

Congratulations!!! I'm soooo happy for you, thank you keeping us updated :) best of luck to you! 

3 hours ago, deep2ca said:

Keep us updated, my interview was on Oct 25th, I received the DS-5535 on Oct 26th, Nov 2nd I sent it back to them, Nov 11th I sent a follow up email because I had not received any confirmation. Still no response.  

3 hours ago, ice-qube said:

I too had the interview on Oct 25, and responded to DS-5535 on Oct 28. I don’t really think they will respond with a confirmation. I am guessing they just log that it has a reply in the system and then eventually someone goes and looks into the file.

I was wondering if you both have checked CEAC tracker recently? Does it still say refused for you or AP? Has it also been updated since you sent DS5535?

4 hours ago, OG Fan said:

That is great news for you! Congratulations. I wanted to ask; is this the first bit of contact you ever had since submitting your DS5535? Did they ever give you a confirmation email of any sort? 

5 hours ago, OG Fan said:

Congrats OG, Hopefully us Nov 8th peeps get ours soon.

2 hours ago, Frankphoto said:

That is great news for you! Congratulations. I wanted to ask; is this the first bit of contact you ever had since submitting your DS5535? Did they ever give you a confirmation email of any sort? 

I remember both @OG Fan and @DrJanko10mentioning that they received an email from the consulate either the day of/a few days after. No one else got anything though, that's why I'm curious to know if everyone else's case got updated at least once after submission 

1 hour ago, Danii said:

I remember both @OG Fan and @DrJanko10mentioning that they received an email from the consulate either the day of/a few days after. No one else got anything though, that's why I'm curious to know if everyone else's case got updated at least once after submission 

I got a confirmation the next day. Sent it in on Nov 9.

2 hours ago, DS5535 said:

I got a confirmation the next day. Sent it in on Nov 9.

Hmm I sent it the same day and didn't get confirmation. I also sent them a follow up the day after. Maybe it just depends on the officer that opens the email? Will try again Monday. Did you get another update on ceac tracker after Nov9?

Edited by Danii

1 hour ago, Danii said:

Hmm I sent it the same day and didn't get confirmation. I also sent them a follow up the day after. Maybe it just depends on the officer that opens the email? Will try again Monday. Did you get another update on ceac tracker after Nov9?

I apologize, I rechecked. It isn't a confirmation  email. It's an automatic reply stating "the large email volume". My apologies 

13 hours ago, Danii said:

Yes, I submitted on Oct. 14th and received a "Good morning, Thank you for sending this information as requested" email on Oct. 18th. My "case last updated" was changed to Oct. 18th as well.

Since then, my "case last updated" has changed twice, on Oct. 22nd and on Oct. 25th. It's been quiet ever since. 

I hope that helps.

Timeline
23 hours ago, Danii said:

I was wondering if you both have checked CEAC tracker recently? Does it still say refused for you or AP? Has it also been updated since you sent DS5535?

I have checked the CEAC tracker, there have been no updates on my file and no response / confirmation to either email. 

Edited by deep2ca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.