ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Needing some of that fairy dust that's been sprinkled around in this forum lately... 26 days to go on my immigration medical expiry and no change in my status. 

Did senator office responded your inquiry?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Federico said:

Did senator office responded your inquiry?

Yes the congresswoman (or her staff) replied and said her office has sent an inquiry. That is all.

8 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Yes the congresswoman (or her staff) replied and said her office has sent an inquiry. That is all.

Mmm. Honestly my case was just coincidence because the senator office inquiry consulate after my case was updated but let’s hope that your inquiry make them work on your case because you have just a few last date updates in your case and we share almost the same timeline. 

A month ago I was updated 3 days in a row, it looks like that was the final check.

Timeline
11 hours ago, Federico said:

Thank you man, really appreciate it, hope you get an answer ASAP regarding your mom’s case.

Omg congrats!!!

6 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Needing some of that fairy dust that's been sprinkled around in this forum lately... 26 days to go on my immigration medical expiry and no change in my status. 

I'd book that medical test again. Dr Chima needs some business

4 hours ago, Tony Nikolovski said:

Since we're both immigrating to Florida, we should meet one day when we're both issued lol. It'd be cool to meet a Canadian who experienced hell with me. By then, we'll look at all of this like a good story to tell and laugh about, but for now, we're still crying. But you'll probably not want to because you'll wanna keep your confidentiality. Too early to look that far in advance though, lol.

If I do my rotations down there, I'll join

Timeline
20 hours ago, Tony Nikolovski said:

Since we're both immigrating to Florida, we should meet one day when we're both issued lol. It'd be cool to meet a Canadian who experienced hell with me. By then, we'll look at all of this like a good story to tell and laugh about, but for now, we're still crying. But you'll probably not want to because you'll wanna keep your confidentiality. Too early to look that far in advance though, lol.

I would be glad to when it comes!

Timeline
15 hours ago, DS5535 said:

I'd book that medical test again. Dr Chima needs some business

If I do my rotations down there, I'll join

I went to Dr. Mascarenhas, but regardless I found out that I cannot book a new immigration medical without the consulate explicitly asking for it...

Another day came and went. Now tomorrow will be only 24 days to go on the medical expiry. 

21 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Guys, it was probably addressed already on one of the 119 pages of this thread, but are you able to visit the US while you're waiting? 

So far I know two people who visited while in AP. Some people have avoided it as they worry it's risky, but at this point I think it's as risky as crossing while you were waiting for the interview. You may be turned around, but only if the officer decides to ask a lot of questions/you don't have any proof of ties to Canada (lease/proof of school enrollment/job contract/return ticket, always bring these with you). Sometimes they don't ask questions at all. I can't remember exactly who it was that crossed recently, but they briefly mentioned to the border officer that they are in the last step of the IR1 process and were allowed to cross without any problems.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.