ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Felicitaciones amigo!!!

Gracias 🙏 wishing see a comment from you saying you your visa was issued.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey pals :( sad to say I’m here for support for myself and my spouse, we had our interview on February 2nd and received the dreaded ds5535 the next day, turned it in on February 7th and haven’t received anything other than a conformation email saying we need to wait to send an inquiry.

our timeline goes as such:

applied November 28th 2019

I-130 approved June 2020

took a while to gather documents, we didn’t end up getting our next approval through the NVC until July 2021

interview letter sent mid January 2022 for our interview two weeks later. 

it’s been such a show, I can’t believe this is happening. I hope we all have better days soon. 

1 minute ago, Redie said:

CONGRATULATIONS!! So happy for you!

Thank you. Hopping others get an answer ASAP.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Federico said:

Issued. Early morning feeling like a boss.

Congratulations!!! Very happy for you, and we all wish you the very best with your move and life with your spouse.

Just now, From_CAN_2_US said:

Congratulations!!! Very happy for you, and we all wish you the very best with your move and life with your spouse.

Thank you, I really appreciate your best wishes.

Timeline
1 hour ago, pow123 said:

Is it true that there is a higher risk for DS 5535 if one is living/working in the US? I’m an Indian born Canadian citizen who has been working in the US on H1b for a few years. Waiting for EB interview at Montreal. Worried I’m going to get stuck with this .

I have never heard of living/ working in the US as a reason for issuing DS 5535.

No one knows precisely why people are issued the form, but many reasons have been speculated, and this doesn’t fall among them.

Unfortunately there is no way of knowing if you will be issued the form until you go to the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@Fleurs & @WishIWasntHere, please complete your timelines linked to your profiles! 

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

46 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I have never heard of living/ working in the US as a reason for issuing DS 5535.

No one knows precisely why people are issued the form, but many reasons have been speculated, and this doesn’t fall among them.

Unfortunately there is no way of knowing if you will be issued the form until you go to the interview.

Thank you for your reply. Here is the source:

https://www.am22tech.com/ds-5535-security-checks/

E3AFDA31-4F7B-4102-BE6E-1F6B6C64E405.jpeg

image.png

Edited by pow123

Timeline
53 minutes ago, pow123 said:

Thank you for your reply. Here is the source:

https://www.am22tech.com/ds-5535-security-checks/

E3AFDA31-4F7B-4102-BE6E-1F6B6C64E405.jpeg

image.png

The language on this site is odd, so it is hard to accurately interpret the meaning. The way I read this, it is saying DS5535s are being issued quite often and even people who have been working in the US for more than 5 years and had no illegal activity are not immune. 

I don’t think it is implying that you would be at higher risk of being issued DS-5535 because of working in the US.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.