ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

mine says refused too. So that should change to Administrative processing?

Not sure, I have only see a case from someone from Canada who change from Refused to Administrative Processing and later Issued. My consulate is the second in the world regarding pending case so for that reason maybe they have a little backlog to print the visa and because of that “Administrative processing” before issued.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, DS5535 said:

This is like the scene in game of thrones.

"Seems like your losing all your friends @ice-qube Tully"

kidding, I check here everyday to see if ur issued.

Indeed, it has that sort of feeling. This sort of feeling like, musical chairs and the music is about to stop and no more seats left... something like that...

8 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

thats great news @Federico looks like you're almost at the end! @Federico how many days since you submitted DS5535 to getting to admin processing?

nice to see the last update date change for your @ice-qube hopefully positive news follows soon!

104 days.

6 minutes ago, DS5535 said:

This is like the scene in game of thrones.

"Seems like your losing all your friends @ice-qube Tully"

kidding, I check here everyday to see if ur issued.

No man, I want to stay here to see @ice-qube and @BatmanFlow approval. The old school deserve continue doing their life. So I am here yet, after this DS stuff I won’t  fell secure until I am not in the US soil.

3 hours ago, Federico said:

Not sure, I have only see a case from someone from Canada who change from Refused to Administrative Processing and later Issued. My consulate is the second in the world regarding pending case so for that reason maybe they have a little backlog to print the visa and because of that “Administrative processing” before issued.

My husband's went from "refused" to "ready", then finally to "issued".

17 minutes ago, Loaiza13 said:

My husband's went from "refused" to "ready", then finally to "issued".

Ufff. Let’s hope I have the same outcome.

Timeline
5 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Interesting and possibly useless piece of info: my case "last updated" on CEAC was just updated within the hour. Perhaps it is just them registering the contact from Rep. Salazar's office? I donno. First 'last updated' change since Dec 29. 

Nice!! Date change is a sure sign of progress!! They haven't touched mine since 20 December still, but here's hoping tomorrow will bring good news to close off the week!! Fingers crossed you'll only get frequent updates before issued from here on in.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Federico said:

Yes, my case status is ”administrative processing” now, let’s hope don’t go back to “refused”.

Congratulations! Do you mean it says “issued - administrative processing”?

Because that’s what it says for cases in Montreal when they are approved.

9 hours ago, Danii said:

Hmm that's interesting, I wonder why they'd ask you things already listed in DS260? If they've confirmed both submissions, I don't think it'll be an issue. I submitted mine in Nov9th, but have been approved. My case would not always be updated when they emailed me (especially when they answered questions about the second submission). 

Yeah, it is strange but glad to hear that your visa went through similarish process and was approved. Congrats for getting it!!  

6 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Congratulations! Do you mean it says “issued - administrative processing”?

Because that’s what it says for cases in Montreal when they are approved.

No, just “administrative processing”. Here normally when you are approved (with no AP involved) in a matter of a week you go from “refused” to “administrative processing” to “issued” and then you get tracking, for that reason I feel optimistic about the change from refuses to “administrative processing”

Edited by Federico

Do we have to inquire with a Senator/Congressman from within the State we are moving to, or can it be from any State? I know that the incentive for the Senator in your State is for you to vote for them one day, but in my instance, although I'm moving to Florida, I have family in Michigan, and I believe one of my family members works with a Congressman in MI. Do you think that could work?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Tony Nikolovski said:

Do we have to inquire with a Senator/Congressman from within the State we are moving to, or can it be from any State? I know that the incentive for the Senator in your State is for you to vote for them one day, but in my instance, although I'm moving to Florida, I have family in Michigan, and I believe one of my family members works with a Congressman in MI. Do you think that could work?

You need to do the inquiry with a senator/ congressman from  the state you are moving to. Your petitioner needs to inquire on your behalf because they are residing there.

Timeline

Happy Friday all! Another week almost done 😞 

hope we get some miracles today. 

PS don’t expect updates on Monday since it’s Presidents’ Day holiday 

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
5 hours ago, Federico said:

No, just “administrative processing”. Here normally when you are approved (with no AP involved) in a matter of a week you go from “refused” to “administrative processing” to “issued” and then you get tracking, for that reason I feel optimistic about the change from refuses to “administrative processing”

Oh ok. Yes, it does sound like really good progress. Hope you get issued today or early next week.

21 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Oh ok. Yes, it does sound like really good progress. Hope you get issued today or early next week.

Than you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.