ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Ya don’t do send for it back if you don’t have to. I have my passport, but that isn’t an advantage for me overall—i can’t really feel comfortable going to visit my wife right now with the risk of creating some more problems, and I will also have to send it back to the the consulate when(or if??) they are ready to grant me the visa. Six of one, half dozen of the other..

Makes sense, l will hold off asking for passports as long as possible.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Linzychuk said:

CONGRATULATIONS REDIE!!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️🎉🎉🎉

Thanks so much! All the best to you and your husband and soon to be new arrival!♥️

Senator office sent me a Privacy Release Act form but in the email the staff said I should fill out with my information (beneficiary) but later said my wife (petitioner) should sign in.

Someone with experience who can help me.

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Federico said:

Senator office sent me a Privacy Release Act form but in the email the staff said I should fill out with my information (beneficiary) but later said my wife (petitioner) should sign in.

Someone with experience who can help me.

That is correct. You fill all information and then email it to your wife so she can sign it.

13 hours ago, Redie said:

Thanks! We contacted our congressman first back in December. It didn’t help though. Their office received the same generic response I received from the consulate. We did reach out to our senator 2 weeks ago. I don’t know if their inquiry helped with the approval or if it was just a coincidence. I would suggest you reaching out to your state rep. You have nothing to lose! Best of luck!

Okay, I see. So, when you contacted your Senator 2 weeks ago, did you start seeing updates on CEAC since, or did it go straight from refused to issued after 2 weeks? Did you have any updates outside of those automatic email response updates (I never even once got an update outside of the email response ones)? I'm asking because when we contacted our Senators, the only updates I got were email response automated ones. Other than that, it still says refused, though, we contacted our Senators about a week ago.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Tony Nikolovski said:

Okay, I see. So, when you contacted your Senator 2 weeks ago, did you start seeing updates on CEAC since, or did it go straight from refused to issued after 2 weeks? Did you have any updates outside of those automatic email response updates (I never even once got an update outside of the email response ones)? I'm asking because when we contacted our Senators, the only updates I got were email response automated ones. Other than that, it still says refused, though, we contacted our Senators about a week ago.

Hi there, no I did not. The last update I received from the consulate opening up my case was January 18. Then I received an update on February 11 but that was in response to my email inquiry. When I went to check the status the morning of February 15 it said refused. I checked it 2 hours later and it showed issued.  So it went directly from refused to issued. Received my passport this morning already. I am not sure if the senator’s office actually pushed it through or if it was just coincidental. I have not received any confirmation  from the senators office if they actually inquired. Hope that helps you. Hang in there! I know how frustrating and emotionally draining this process is. Hope for you and everyone else in limbo to hear some good news soon!

9 minutes ago, Redie said:

Hi there, no I did not. The last update I received from the consulate opening up my case was January 18. Then I received an update on February 11 but that was in response to my email inquiry. When I went to check the status the morning of February 15 it said refused. I checked it 2 hours later and it showed issued.  So it went directly from refused to issued. Received my passport this morning already. I am not sure if the senator’s office actually pushed it through or if it was just coincidental. I have not received any confirmation  from the senators office if they actually inquired. Hope that helps you. Hang in there! I know how frustrating and emotionally draining this process is. Hope for you and everyone else in limbo to hear some good news soon!

Thanks for taking the time to explain your scenario. Congrats on getting your passport back so quickly too! I'm so nervous about the entire visa process at this point that even when I get to that point of getting my visa in my passport returned to me, I'll be skeptical if CBP officers at the border will let me through or they'll make an unnecessary problem too. As we know, ultimate discretion in up to the CBP officers, so I'll be anxious at the Detroit border crossing, that's for sure. One step at a time though, and good luck in the States!

2 hours ago, Redie said:

That is correct. You fill all information and then email it to your wife so she can sign it.

But the form must contain my information or hers?

Here is the info that they are requesting, name and date is requested twice in page 1 and 2, I am assuming all information it’s about the petitioner but the staff said the beneficiary has to authorize us so I am going to write a letter to authorize them, it’s that correct?

B11E49B4-8A28-4FE2-9458-BC6296A400A3.jpeg

55AC5339-C334-4F32-802B-36B0D8C4DEC4.jpeg

Timeline

Congrats @Redie!!!!!

@ice-qube your turn is coming, I can feel it

i crossed the Pacific truck crossing with my Uhaul on Friday night. I was in there for 20 min and they didn’t check anything. The officer endorsed my Visa, high fived me and said “welcome to America “!!!!!

my drive from Vancouver to LA was 28hours. Moved all belongings and am settled in and now looking for work. 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Federico said:

But the form must contain my information or hers?

Here is the info that they are requesting, name and date is requested twice in page 1 and 2, I am assuming all information it’s about the petitioner but the staff said the beneficiary has to authorize us so I am going to write a letter to authorize them, it’s that correct?

B11E49B4-8A28-4FE2-9458-BC6296A400A3.jpeg

55AC5339-C334-4F32-802B-36B0D8C4DEC4.jpeg

Yes, you complete it with the petitioners information because she is the one inquiring on your behalf. There should be an area maybe on page 2 that requires all your info like your DOB, country of birth etc. and a signature line for you to sign. Every senator has a different privacy authorization form. I reached out to 2  senators and their forms were different. I hope that makes sense. If you have more questions please ask.

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Hamlet said:

Congrats @Redie!!!!!

@ice-qube your turn is coming, I can feel it

i crossed the Pacific truck crossing with my Uhaul on Friday night. I was in there for 20 min and they didn’t check anything. The officer endorsed my Visa, high fived me and said “welcome to America “!!!!!

my drive from Vancouver to LA was 28hours. Moved all belongings and am settled in and now looking for work. 

Thanks, happy that everything went well for you! Best of luck in the USA!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Tony Nikolovski said:

Thanks for taking the time to explain your scenario. Congrats on getting your passport back so quickly too! I'm so nervous about the entire visa process at this point that even when I get to that point of getting my visa in my passport returned to me, I'll be skeptical if CBP officers at the border will let me through or they'll make an unnecessary problem too. As we know, ultimate discretion in up to the CBP officers, so I'll be anxious at the Detroit border crossing, that's for sure. One step at a time though, and good luck in the States!

Anytime!! I would not worry about crossing once you get your visa. I  am sure it will be a breeze after going through this very stressful and emotional draining waiting game in AP.

49 minutes ago, Redie said:

Yes, you complete it with the petitioners information because she is the one inquiring on your behalf. There should be an area maybe on page 2 that requires all your info like your DOB, country of birth etc. and a signature line for you to sign. Every senator has a different privacy authorization form. I reached out to 2  senators and their forms were different. I hope that makes sense. If you have more questions please ask.

Thank you.

Timeline

Re asking congressional rep for help, when making the inquiry, is it correct to say the agency you have a problem with is Department of State, considering they are in charge of consulates, as below?

image.thumb.png.9cabf6127c0f12190bd22be9a1aa30cb.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.