ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Tony Nikolovski said:

Goldstein Law just increased their price by $900 for the same services (from around $4,500 to $5,400)...just when we were thinking of hiring him. Any other AP/221(g) lawyers who are good that you would suggest? Thanks in advance!

are you thinking of doing writ of mandamus?

8 minutes ago, Tony Nikolovski said:

Goldstein Law just increased their price by $900 for the same services (from around $4,500 to $5,400)...just when we were thinking of hiring him. Any other AP/221(g) lawyers who are good that you would suggest? Thanks in advance!

I listed some in the FAQ! No one does it as early as Goldstein Law though :( Most of them require you to be in AP for at least 6 months. The price is about the same for all. The only one I'm not sure about is Nimer Law. I never did more research on her cause from what I remembered, she charged a lot for a consultation. Not sure if thats changed

Edit: Wanted to add, I would reach out to Hacking. He's done a lot of the WOMs for people here on VJ, mostly those who got DS5535. He changes his requirements often though. When I reached out, his team said I must be in AP for at least 6 months. A few months before, he was saying he'll take on cases who have waited at least 20 something months since they filed i130. The reason they changed it is because they were getting a lot of requests + COVID increased wait times in general. Now that COVID backlogs are getting cleared, they may have changed how they evaluate cases 

Edited by Danii

Timeline
Just now, Tony Nikolovski said:

Yeah, I'm sick of waiting and what it has done in my relationship and life.

I hear you. I can't even conceive of putting out that money yet. It's just too much cash and leaves no margin of error. Is that CAD or USD?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Danii said:

I listed some in the FAQ! No one does it as early as Goldstein Law though :( Most of them require you to be in AP for at least 6 months. The price is about the same for all. The only one I'm not sure about is Nimer Law

I definitely wouldn't try it until at least 180 days in AP. I think it has to be the last last resort. It is extremely expensive.

Just now, Danii said:

USD :( 

Insane.

Timeline
59 minutes ago, Danii said:

I listed some in the FAQ! No one does it as early as Goldstein Law though :( Most of them require you to be in AP for at least 6 months. The price is about the same for all. The only one I'm not sure about is Nimer Law. I never did more research on her cause from what I remembered, she charged a lot for a consultation. Not sure if thats changed

@Danii are you still tracking people on that Facebook group too?

5 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Congratulations @Redie!

Still ridiculous it took this long, but glad you are no longer in limbo. Wish you and your spouse the best as you start your life together in the US.

@Redie What did you do in the meantime? Did you file a WOM, or contact Congressmen/Senators, or simply wait all this time? Congrats, btw!

1 hour ago, Tony Nikolovski said:

Man I wouldn't do it. The common theme is, you wait a while and you get it. No one has been denied in this group. Why waste 5k USD? Unless of course you can double that by being in the states.

Again, no one has been denied in this group they just made us wait longer than we wanted to. 5k USD not worth it.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Redie said:

After 105 days of waiting due to medical delay, I have finally been issued!!!! To say that I am elated is an understatement but I cannot help feeling a tremendous sadness for everyone else in this terrible situation especially @ice-qube @BatmanFlow I will pray everyday for your approval. Thanks to all my VJ friends who have been my lifeline during this emotional and stressful time,  particularly @Danii thank you for always answering all my questions or concerns.  Best  wishes and good luck to all of you who are still waiting to be approved. 

Congrats Redie!! So happy for you and thanks for keeping us super updated! Can't believe you had to wait so long just coz of the medical and not the questionnaire mess. Praying for @ice-qube next as well too!! Hope your move goes smoothly and enjoy America! 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Redie said:

After 105 days of waiting due to medical delay, I have finally been issued!!!! To say that I am elated is an understatement but I cannot help feeling a tremendous sadness for everyone else in this terrible situation especially @ice-qube @BatmanFlow I will pray everyday for your approval. Thanks to all my VJ friends who have been my lifeline during this emotional and stressful time,  particularly @Danii thank you for always answering all my questions or concerns.  Best  wishes and good luck to all of you who are still waiting to be approved. 

CONGRATULATIONS REDIE!!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️🎉🎉🎉

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Tony Nikolovski said:

@Redie What did you do in the meantime? Did you file a WOM, or contact Congressmen/Senators, or simply wait all this time? Congrats, btw!

Thanks! We contacted our congressman first back in December. It didn’t help though. Their office received the same generic response I received from the consulate. We did reach out to our senator 2 weeks ago. I don’t know if their inquiry helped with the approval or if it was just a coincidence. I would suggest you reaching out to your state rep. You have nothing to lose! Best of luck!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Linzychuk said:

CONGRATULATIONS REDIE!!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️🎉🎉🎉

Thanks so much!! I hope you are enjoying your n

59 minutes ago, hkn1 said:

Congrats Redie!! So happy for you and thanks for keeping us super updated! Can't believe you had to wait so long just coz of the medical and not the questionnaire mess. Praying for @ice-qube next as well too!! Hope your move goes smoothly and enjoy America! 

Thanks so much! We are all praying for @ice-qube and all the rest of you to get approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.