ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations @Redie!

Still ridiculous it took this long, but glad you are no longer in limbo. Wish you and your spouse the best as you start your life together in the US.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Congratulations @Redie!

Still ridiculous it took this long, but glad you are no longer in limbo. Wish you and your spouse the best as you start your life together in the US.

Thanks so much! It was a ridiculous amount by of time to wait. I am  just so relieved it is  over with.

8 minutes ago, Redie said:

Thanks! Hoping your case get approved soon!

Thank you, wish you the best in your next journey in USA.

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Redie said:

Thanks so much! It was a ridiculous amount by of time to wait. I am  just so relieved it is  over with.

Congratulations! Very happy to hear that this is over! Must be a huge relief!

Timeline
On 2/3/2022 at 5:11 PM, Danii said:

Hello! So far, I haven't seen anyone in that category. If you look at my signature (on desktop version of the site) you'll see an excel sheet linked. All most all of the users on this thread are listed there. I can add you if you'd like, perhaps others from that category will join this thread in the near future. 

Please add me to the list

@Redie CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!! I hope that the rest of your Visa journey will go a lot smoother (and quicker!!). Your family must be so excited 🥰 Time to start packing haha! 

@ohmygod will do!! Sorry about the delay :D

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Danii said:

@Redie CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!!!! I hope that the rest of your Visa journey will go a lot smoother (and quicker!!). Your family must be so excited 🥰 Time to start packing haha! 

@ohmygod will do!! Sorry about the delay :D

@Danii Thanks so much!  Can’t wait to see my family especially my 16 month old grandson!! I am already packed.. lol!!

Timeline
30 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

Congratulations! Very happy to hear that this is over! Must be a huge relief!

Yes it is! Wishing you all the best!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Redie said:

After 105 days of waiting due to medical delay, I have finally been issued!!!! To say that I am elated is an understatement but I cannot help feeling a tremendous sadness for everyone else in this terrible situation especially @ice-qube @BatmanFlow I will pray everyday for your approval. Thanks to all my VJ friends who have been my lifeline during this emotional and stressful time,  particularly @Danii thank you for always answering all my questions or concerns.  Best  wishes and good luck to all of you who are still waiting to be approved. 

Congratulations!!! That’s amazing news! 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, candyg said:

Congratulations!!! That’s amazing news! 

Since we have been waiting for long, we are thinking of asking for our passports back? How long they would take to send it?

Secondly, if we are to take another medical as the current one would expire in 4 weeks, do we need to take our passports for the 2nd medical? Or just the letter from consulate will do?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

Since we have been waiting for long, we are thinking of asking for our passports back? How long they would take to send it?

Secondly, if we are to take another medical as the current one would expire in 4 weeks, do we need to take our passports for the 2nd medical? Or just the letter from consulate will do?

This is a good question. I don't know if the immigration panel doctor needs the scan of the passport again... you probably kept that, no? 

12 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

One thing I do know, the consulate has to ask for the new medical first in writing and you have to give that information to the doctor.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Redie said:

No one deserves it more than you!

Timeline
26 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

This is a good question. I don't know if the immigration panel doctor needs the scan of the passport again... you probably kept that, no? 

One thing I do know, the consulate has to ask for the new medical first in writing and you have to give that information to the doctor.

I have scanned copy of passports. Hopefully that would be enough and if you go to the same doctor hopefully they would have your previous records. I am nervous about sending passports back and forth

Timeline
11 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

I have scanned copy of passports. Hopefully that would be enough and if you go to the same doctor hopefully they would have your previous records. I am nervous about sending passports back and forth

Ya don’t do send for it back if you don’t have to. I have my passport, but that isn’t an advantage for me overall—i can’t really feel comfortable going to visit my wife right now with the risk of creating some more problems, and I will also have to send it back to the the consulate when(or if??) they are ready to grant me the visa. Six of one, half dozen of the other..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.