ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ice-qube said:

I agree man, and perhaps the most irritating thing is that they probably already knew that they were going to put us in AP before going to the interview, so why even make us come? Why not collect all the information first before making us go to the interview?

That doesn’t make sense, you re right, if they need and extended background check why they didn’t start that process while we were waiting for an interview.

1 hour ago, Redie said:

It really does. I am sick of this consuming my life. Your life is in constant limbo!

Yes, honestly this is something affecting everything in my life, I was supposed to buy office desk chair and didn’t do it because cost like USD 500  and I am supposed to move, that’s a simple thing but we are stuck with life simple and complex aspects. 

So I am working in a plastic chair.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Federico said:

That doesn’t make sense, you re right, if they need and extended background check why they didn’t start that process while we were waiting for an interview.

Yes, honestly this is something affecting everything in my life, I was supposed to buy office desk chair and didn’t do it because cost like USD 500  and I am supposed to move, that’s a simple thing but we are stuck with life simple and complex aspects. 

This is actually one thing I am also wrestling with, buying an office chair. I could... but it is expensive and if i am moving soon, dumb. But am I moving soon??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Federico said:

13 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

This is actually one thing I am also wrestling with, buying an office chair. I could... but it is expensive and if i am moving soon, dumb. But am I moving soon??

I would like to join team "need a new office chair"! My chair is shedding all over and I've resorted to covering the arms with hockey tape to make it last longer. I would have bought one over a year ago but there's that nagging "I'm going to be moving soon". It's the same thing with a nice cat tree for my cat or a new desk. Bulky things that I'd like to invest in, but they'd be a nightmare to move, Ugh. 😢

Timeline
5 hours ago, Rosinasaur said:

I would like to join team "need a new office chair"! My chair is shedding all over and I've resorted to covering the arms with hockey tape to make it last longer. I would have bought one over a year ago but there's that nagging "I'm going to be moving soon". It's the same thing with a nice cat tree for my cat or a new desk. Bulky things that I'd like to invest in, but they'd be a nightmare to move, Ugh. 😢

Yeah exactly. I am not planning to do a whole trailer of (replaced) to move. It's just not worth it. So most bulky things I buy here now will have to be sold or given away. And that's ok if they are planning to not approve me for another 6-12 months, perhaps, but I have no idea.

Edited by Unlockable
Language

Timeline
5 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Yeah exactly. I am not planning to do a whole trailer of (replaced) to move. It's just not worth it. So most bulky things I buy here now will have to be sold or given away. And that's ok if they are planning to not approve me for another 6-12 months, perhaps, but I have no idea.

You are right, unless you have some really valuable belongings, moving them is not worth it. Best to sell/ give away and buy new after moving.

If I were you, I would buy what I need on Kijiji and then sell before I move. You can probably sell it at the same price as what you bought it for. 

Edited by Unlockable
Language

*** Posts edited to remove inappropriate word.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

17 hours ago, Danii said:

Unfortunately, there's not much we know about what a representative can do for us in this situation. In general, sending inquiries to federal agencies is part of their job. I think in a few % of cases (where someone's case is in AP for no reason/not waiting for background checks/background check is complete but officer forgot about it), a rep inquiry can help get the case unstuck/remind the consulate to fix some sort of error. That's why I think everyone should try to send in an inquiry anyway. We dont really know the details of our case or where in the process it is, so in the odd chance that the issue with your case is easily fixable, a rep could actually help out. It seems like it's more likely that it won't help, since most of the people issued DS5535 have to wait for background checks to process (which apperently is outside the control of the consulate). At the end of the day, it's just one option we can try out but it's not guaranteed to help speed up the process. It's also probably smarter to do this step before considering filing for WOM. 

Thanks for the information!

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Tony Nikolovski said:

Will you get an email when your visa is approved, or do you have to keep checking CEAC for that? I know I'm looking too far in the future, as my case is still under refused, but I'm asking for when it is approved in 2026 or so.

for my dad, i got an email once the visa was shipped but CEAC updates were happening a few days earlier

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Redie said:

After 105 days of waiting due to medical delay, I have finally been issued!!!! To say that I am elated is an understatement but I cannot help feeling a tremendous sadness for everyone else in this terrible situation especially @ice-qube @BatmanFlow I will pray everyday for your approval. Thanks to all my VJ friends who have been my lifeline during this emotional and stressful time,  particularly @Danii thank you for always answering all my questions or concerns.  Best  wishes and good luck to all of you who are still waiting to be approved. 

YESSSSSSSS i am so happy for you!!!!! i am glad your hell is ending and now you can plan the next chapter of your life! :dance:

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Redie said:

After 105 days of waiting due to medical delay, I have finally been issued!!!! To say that I am elated is an understatement but I cannot help feeling a tremendous sadness for everyone else in this terrible situation especially @ice-qube @BatmanFlow I will pray everyday for your approval. Thanks to all my VJ friends who have been my lifeline during this emotional and stressful time,  particularly @Danii thank you for always answering all my questions or concerns.  Best  wishes and good luck to all of you who are still waiting to be approved. 

Congratulations, Redie, enjoy life in the USA!

Timeline
1 minute ago, BatmanFlow said:

YESSSSSSSS i am so happy for you!!!!! i am glad your hell is ending and now you can plan the next chapter of your life! :dance:

Thanks so much! I am praying your mom will get approved soon. Hopefully you all will be reunited shortly!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Congratulations, Redie, enjoy life in the USA!

Thank’s so much! I hope and pray you get approved soon so that you can join your wife. I am not sure why mine was issued but I did contact my senator 2 weeks ago and they were working on it. Is it coincidence? I  cannot say for sure  but please try to reach out to your state rep. You have nothing to lose! 

28 minutes ago, Redie said:

Congratulations.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.