ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Rosinasaur said:

Just because our cases happened on the same date, I've very curious of your status. Do I understand correctly that you had 2 parents put on AP and one of them was just issued?

Yea. But my dad was Medical and his got issued last week. 

my moms hasn’t. I think the last true update on hers was Nov 24. Since then there were three updates on her account in February but they all coincided with my dads visa being issued and delivered. So I assume her case was just updated since they touched the overall file. 

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
16 hours ago, Rosinasaur said:

I haven't had any updates on CEAC since Jan 11th. We've been trying to get in touch with our government representative for 3-4 weeks but they have blown us off every time. "We'll call you back tomorrow" then they never call. "We're assigning you a case worker" and they never get back to us. "You have a case worker" but then we called a few days later and they said "You were never assigned a case worker". Recently, "We'll call you by the end of the week" but the weekend passed without an update. My fiancé has called twice a week but it's been a waste of time so far. I don't know why our representative's office is so bad, but it's really truly been the worst.

My fiancé and I were planning to file a Mandamus lawsuit this month, but we wanted to exhaust all the free options first. We're just so tired of waiting.

@BatmanFlow Just because our cases happened on the same date, I've very curious of your status. Do I understand correctly that you had 2 parents put on AP and one of them was just issued?

I can't believe we are heading towards a situation when filing a mandamus suit would be our only option left...

1 hour ago, ice-qube said:

I can't believe we are heading towards a situation when filing a mandamus suit would be our only option left...

Another day gone for me, hope some of you get some good news today.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Federico said:

Another day gone for me, hope some of you get some good news today.

I hope for all of us to have good news. I am quickly becoming one of the most senior members of the "red" rows on the spreadsheet, and it is not an honour I like!

17 hours ago, BatmanFlow said:

Yea. But my dad was Medical and his got issued last week. 

my moms hasn’t. I think the last true update on hers was Nov 24. Since then there were three updates on her account in February but they all coincided with my dads visa being issued and delivered. So I assume her case was just updated since they touched the overall file. 

What was your mom in AP for again?

Timeline

monday's are so slow for updates. But hoping for some updates for everyone this week!

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

Timeline
1 minute ago, ice-qube said:

DS5535. They never said what exactly they wanted to know more. the CO was super nice and was joking around with my mom about living in California. He was training and had a senior person with him.

he actually said it would take like two weeks LOLLLLLLLLLL

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

33 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

I hope for all of us to have good news. I am quickly becoming one of the most senior members of the "red" rows on the spreadsheet, and it is not an honour I like!

I am not in the red rows but I am senior too, you sent your DS just a week before me.

In our next interview we can brag about our vast experience in DS field.

Edited by Federico

Timeline
29 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

DS5535. They never said what exactly they wanted to know more. the CO was super nice and was joking around with my mom about living in California. He was training and had a senior person with him.

he actually said it would take like two weeks LOLLLLLLLLLL

Two weeks... hahahahhahahahahaha

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Federico said:

I am not in the red rows but I am senior too, you sent your DS just a week before me.

In our next interview we can brag about our vast experience in DS field.

I mean, at this point, I wouldn't even be surprised if there was a second interview...

8 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

I mean, at this point, I wouldn't even be surprised if there was a second interview...

Let’s hope that none of that it’s necessary but I prefer to go to another interview if that provide a  final outcome, this endless waiting it’s something affecting my peace and mental health.

Timeline
Just now, Federico said:

Let’s hope that none of that it’s necessary but I prefer to go to another interview if that provide a  final outcome, this endless waiting it’s something affecting my peace and mental health.

I agree man, and perhaps the most irritating thing is that they probably already knew that they were going to put us in AP before going to the interview, so why even make us come? Why not collect all the information first before making us go to the interview?

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Federico said:

It really does. I am sick of this consuming my life. Your life is in constant limbo!

Let me try to ask this question again, although, I can't word it properly. How did one find success with a Senator or Congressman when all they do is send an inquiry on your behalf instead of you asking it? The only reason why my CEAC is updating is because of the emails they send to my Senators. Still says refused. What's the point of a Senator/Congressman? Is there anything beyond this that they can do? I don't think so, but let me know if so.

31 minutes ago, Tony Nikolovski said:

Let me try to ask this question again, although, I can't word it properly. How did one find success with a Senator or Congressman when all they do is send an inquiry on your behalf instead of you asking it? The only reason why my CEAC is updating is because of the emails they send to my Senators. Still says refused. What's the point of a Senator/Congressman? Is there anything beyond this that they can do? I don't think so, but let me know if so.

Unfortunately, there's not much we know about what a representative can do for us in this situation. In general, sending inquiries to federal agencies is part of their job. I think in a few % of cases (where someone's case is in AP for no reason/not waiting for background checks/background check is complete but officer forgot about it), a rep inquiry can help get the case unstuck/remind the consulate to fix some sort of error. That's why I think everyone should try to send in an inquiry anyway. We dont really know the details of our case or where in the process it is, so in the odd chance that the issue with your case is easily fixable, a rep could actually help out. It seems like it's more likely that it won't help, since most of the people issued DS5535 have to wait for background checks to process (which apperently is outside the control of the consulate). At the end of the day, it's just one option we can try out but it's not guaranteed to help speed up the process. It's also probably smarter to do this step before considering filing for WOM. 

Edited by Danii

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.