ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, ice-qube said:

All of you who have filed WOM, what were the terms of payment that they gave you? 100% up front? Or something in retainer and then the rest due in some time period?

We paid it all up front but we didn't ask about other options.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

So they ended up taking on your WOM even though you are doing K-1?

Goldstein is taking on Mandamuses who are doing K1. There's a few of us K1s who have gone that route now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rosinasaur said:

Goldstein is taking on Mandamuses who are doing K1. There's a few of us K1s who have gone that route now.

Ah i see. I am behind on it. My head is swimming. Trying to figure out if there is a way I can do it.

Timeline
2 hours ago, ice-qube said:

All of you who have filed WOM, what were the terms of payment that they gave you? 100% up front? Or something in retainer and then the rest due in some time period?

If I remember correctly, Hacking immigration has payment options for his clients. Some percentage upfront and then $500 every month…. 

I would imagine it applies to his WOM clients too, but not 100% sure.

Timeline
17 hours ago, ClemsonC said:

Do most people get ds5535s if they have travelled out of Canada/US? 
I feel like it’s a common theme? 
I haven’t travelled anywhere other than the US and a vacation to Cuba a few months ago. My stomachs in knots if there’s any further delays 

Travelling to countries other than US/ Canada in itself does not in itself mean you would get a DS-5535 (I have lived and travelled to many many countries, but didn’t get one).

Timeline
10 hours ago, ice-qube said:

We paid it all up front, but we were asked if we wanted a payment plan. I believe so much had to be put down also with that route....

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ontarkie said:

From the trend all you're paying for is the serving and filling to the court. Montreal is issuing the visas without going to court. The court portion is what the lawyers want the big bucks for but they are milking ppl and the system to cash in big,  Somewhere on the internet has to have examples of how to file it.

If these lawyers really wanted to help ppl they would just charge the filling fees (for Montreal cases at least)  and then if it went to court they would ask for the rest, but alas they want money like always. 

You’re completely right. Never thought of it that way

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

On 5/27/2022 at 3:53 AM, ice-qube said:

This is unfortunate news. I really hope for you to not be stuck in this black hole that I and some other people remain in. No one seems to be able to predict how it will go as there seems no rhyme or reason to this. I myself have been stuck in this black hole of nothingness since the end of October, with no sign that it will end. I hope yours goes way better.

Hi ,

i got approval on 30th june but after 5 days I received email from embassy sent me some questions in email for my 15 months baby boy , in subject the have written my son name it is really something new ds-5535 for baby funny 😄 

my case status refused still.

2 hours ago, Mashal said:

Hi ,

i got approval on 30th june but after 5 days I received email from embassy sent me some questions in email for my 15 months baby boy , in subject the have written my son name it is really something new ds-5535 for baby funny 😄 

me and my husband's ds-5535 process is finished after second interview they issued ds-5535 for my 15 months baby ☹️

•  

Was you baby born after you and your husband were put in AP? Or did you have him already when you and your husband received the ds5535? 

47 minutes ago, Mary184 said:

Was you baby born after you and your husband were put in AP? Or did you have him already when you and your husband received the ds5535? 

I got ds-5535 one 6th April and received result on 10th May after that the requested passports for review the case and than on 30th June  scheduled oath and fingerprints for all of us .CO told me your visa approved after 5 days again issued ds-5535 on subject the have written my son name it means it belong to him . 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Mashal said:

Hi ,

i got approval on 30th june but after 5 days I received email from embassy sent me some questions in email for my 15 months baby boy , in subject the have written my son name it is really something new ds-5535 for baby funny 😄 

me and my husband's ds-5535 process is finished after second interview they issued ds-5535 for my 15 months baby ☹️

•  

That sounds either like a mistake or confusion on your part? Maybe? I guess I am confused about what additional information they'd need for a 15 month old baby and so to me it sounds like either they made a mistake or you misunderstood what they asked for🤔

IR-1/CR-1

Canada

February 2021 - Sent I-130

July 2021 - Sent expedite request

July 2021 - Approved 

August 2021 - NVC Welcome Letters

November 2021 - NVC requests missing documents

December 2021 - Submitted missing docs to NVC

May 2022  Notice of interview appointment

June 2022 - Interview + put in AP

March 2023 - AP complete + second medical requested by consulate

April 2023 - new medical submitted, visa status changed to issued

May 2023 - Entry into US

1 minute ago, PZibran325 said:

That sounds either like a mistake or confusion on your part? Maybe? I guess I am confused about what additional information they'd need for a 15 month old baby and so to me it sounds like either they made a mistake or you misunderstood what they asked for🤔

They are literally saying that the 5535 was issued to the child. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.