ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

All makes sense to me, except this. The attorneys already get paid for their work when the client pays them. Why do they get to keep the recovered fees too?

Nothing like double dipping. Crocked lawyers at their best.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ontarkie said:

Nothing like double dipping. Crocked lawyers at their best.

Right!? When I asked them directly about why they asked for court fees and if we would be reimbursed had that succeeded,they basically said that the point is to reunite with family DONT WORRY ABOUT THE MONEY 🥰

pretty infuriating but I still feel no other option

Timeline
55 minutes ago, WishIWasntHere said:

Right!? When I asked them directly about why they asked for court fees and if we would be reimbursed had that succeeded,they basically said that the point is to reunite with family DONT WORRY ABOUT THE MONEY 🥰

Wow🤦🏻‍♀️

IR-1/CR-1

Canada

February 2021 - Sent I-130

July 2021 - Sent expedite request

July 2021 - Approved 

August 2021 - NVC Welcome Letters

November 2021 - NVC requests missing documents

December 2021 - Submitted missing docs to NVC

May 2022  Notice of interview appointment

June 2022 - Interview + put in AP

March 2023 - AP complete + second medical requested by consulate

April 2023 - new medical submitted, visa status changed to issued

May 2023 - Entry into US

Hope everyone has been doing well! I apologize for not being very active/updating the spreadsheet. If it's still a valuable resource, is there anyone who would be willing to help maintain the sheet with me? I'm hesitant to make it public for everyone to edit due to spreadsheets from other threads being messed with. Please respond to this if you have some free time and I'll share access! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, WishIWasntHere said:

That is insane

2 hours ago, Danii said:

Hope everyone has been doing well! I apologize for not being very active/updating the spreadsheet. If it's still a valuable resource, is there anyone who would be willing to help maintain the sheet with me? I'm hesitant to make it public for everyone to edit due to spreadsheets from other threads being messed with. Please respond to this if you have some free time and I'll share access! 

This is one of the reasons why VJ does not like google spreadsheets. It is also preferred to make it in the thread and those can add or update things themselves. It can be a royal pain in the butt having to maintain google. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
5 hours ago, Danii said:

It's because of your great work, Danii, that I can keep track of every single day of my long, long journey in the black hole, and make sure I don't miss any of the milestones--like, for example, 300 days coming not far around the corner!

:)

Timeline

What sucks the most is that the last updated date doesn’t even update. That at least gives some sort of hope, although false. 

my moms true last update date was November 24 2021. 

sucks

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
7 hours ago, BatmanFlow said:

What sucks the most is that the last updated date doesn’t even update. That at least gives some sort of hope, although false. 

my moms true last update date was November 24 2021. 

sucks

I feel like this nightmare is just not going to end. 

12 hours ago, ice-qube said:

I feel like this nightmare is just not going to end. 

Guys, I've been silent in this chat and just as frustrated as everyone else, we decided to file a mandamus lawsuit. We just began the process yesterday. We got a DS5535 on February 14th. I contacted the senator, they were only able to get a generic email, I see no other way at this point.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, AdrianHar said:

Guys, I've been silent in this chat and just as frustrated as everyone else, we decided to file a mandamus lawsuit. We just began the process yesterday. We got a DS5535 on February 14th. I contacted the senator, they were only able to get a generic email, I see no other way at this point.

Hang in there! I hope this leads to a quick positive result.

Unfortunately, the lawyers get to make a lot of money just because the Consulate is not doing their job...

Timeline
6 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Hang in there! I hope this leads to a quick positive result.

Unfortunately, the lawyers get to make a lot of money just because the Consulate is not doing their job...

Another sweet week finished with no updates! What an amazing process! 

Timeline

Imagine the amazing setup of spending money to apply to the government to get a visa so you can legally be with your spouse in the US, paying all the fees, collecting information (which costs time and also sometimes money, like the RCMP background check), paying the medical exam fee. Then after 2.5 years you go to the interview, which you have to pay to fly to, and the government is like, hey we are just going to put you into another queue with no timeline, and if you want us to continue processing your application, you will have to file a expensive lawsuit with money you don't have to make us, and if not, then just sit there. Imagine that, that is what i live now.

Timeline

Do most people get ds5535s if they have travelled out of Canada/US? 
I feel like it’s a common theme? 
I haven’t travelled anywhere other than the US and a vacation to Cuba a few months ago. My stomachs in knots if there’s any further delays 

IR1 / IR2  

Canada

June 2022 IR1 - DQ 

Aug 2022 IR2 - DQ

Oct 2022 - Interview

Nov 2022 - Moved to US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.