ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

ah thats good.

but yea im kinda down because my moms case hasnt since nov 24. before that it was done oct 26ish. and of course before that we her interview on oct 4. Just kinda depressing not even seeing the last updated date getting updated. that was my false sense of hope

Ya man, I hear that. i was last updated on December 29. Nothing since then, not even a "last updated" update.

Timeline

congratulation to everyone who recently got the approval here.

A quick question 

Is anyone here  experienced with the second interview ? what is the purpose? (at the first interview CO took the passport and now did schedule for the second interview and they did not ask for any extra document!!!

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Banoo999

33 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

ah thats good.

but yea im kinda down because my moms case hasnt since nov 24. before that it was done oct 26ish. and of course before that we her interview on oct 4. Just kinda depressing not even seeing the last updated date getting updated. that was my false sense of hope

Got your point.

1 hour ago, ice-qube said:

Ya man, I hear that. i was last updated on December 29. Nothing since then, not even a "last updated" update.

Between Nov - Dec I experienced a whole month without updates.

Edited by Federico

Timeline
Just now, Federico said:

Between Nov - Dec I experienced a whole month without updates.

Yeah, and really, I have only had one other update that was not related to the email communication (the one on Dec 29 was just because they responded to an email, I believe). I don't even remember when that other one was anymore.

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Banoo999 said:

congratulation to everyone who recently got the approval here.

A quick question 

Is anyone here  experienced with the second interview ? what is the purpose? (at the first interview CO took the passport and now did schedule for the second interview and they did not ask for any extra document!!!

Thanks in advance. 

Maybe others more experienced can advise better ( @Ontarkie @mam521 @DGF )…

With my limited experience I can say, a second interview in Montreal is not common. I have not seen one. But reading here on VJ, second interviews are are not common in high-fraud countries such as Nigeria, India, Pakistan, MENA countries etc.

It is usually when they require to clarify something in the application, usually authenticity of relationship. I have never heard of this being questioned at Montreal though, so it might not be the reason for you.

The only other thing I can think of, is a case similar to @Kat29 where their fingerprints were not recorded correctly during the interview and they had to go back to give fingerprints again.

Hopefully it is a simple logistical thing as fingerprints for you too, as annoying and frustrating as it may be to have to interview again…

Timeline
4 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Maybe others more experienced can advise better ( @Ontarkie @mam521 @DGF )…

With my limited experience I can say, a second interview in Montreal is not common. I have not seen one. But reading here on VJ, second interviews are are not common in high-fraud countries such as Nigeria, India, Pakistan, MENA countries etc.

It is usually when they require to clarify something in the application, usually authenticity of relationship. I have never heard of this being questioned at Montreal though, so it might not be the reason for you.

The only other thing I can think of, is a case similar to @Kat29 where their fingerprints were not recorded correctly during the interview and they had to go back to give fingerprints again.

Hopefully it is a simple logistical thing as fingerprints for you too, as annoying and frustrating as it may be to have to interview again…

Thanks again for all your help.

Did they mention on the email that the second interview is regarding the finger print issue?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Banoo999 said:

Thanks again for all your help.

Did they mention on the email that the second interview is regarding the finger print issue?

@Kat29 would be able to answer that best, but I believe the way it went for them was, they reached out to their senator/ congressperson who enquired on their behalf and that got the consulate to respond to them about the fingerprints being taken incorrectly/ not saved properly.

So yes, they were aware that fingerprints was the issue before going to the interview. Not sure how they were told of it.

Even if Montreal didn’t mention it in the your email, it might still just be fingerprints. They might not have mentioned to not put their mistake on record lol…

Maybe you could call the visadocs helpline, and they might be able to shed some light on the purpose of the second interview?

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

36 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Yeah, and really, I have only had one other update that was not related to the email communication (the one on Dec 29 was just because they responded to an email, I believe). I don't even remember when that other one was anymore.

A little bit strange because mostly  have been updated multiple times but with process this nobody know, there is not updated pattern, no FIFO orden, so there is no way to know.

Another week gone without updates, will be another week checking  CEAC for updates.

Edited by Federico

8 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

@Kat29 would be able to answer that best, but I believe the way it went for them was, they reached out to their senator/ congressperson who enquired on their behalf and that got the consulate to respond to them about the fingerprints being taken incorrectly/ not saved properly.

So yes, they were aware that fingerprints was the issue before going to the interview. Not sure how they were told of it.

Even if Montreal didn’t mention it in the your email, it might still just be fingerprints. They might not have mentioned to not put their mistake on record lol…

Maybe you could call the visadocs helpline, and they might be able to shed some light on the purpose of the second interview?

Hi @Banoo999 After we inquired with the senator, I actually got a phone call coincidentally the same day from the consulate telling me of the fingerprints issue and needing to come back to do it. Then they confirmed via email which was how I was able to get into the consulate on my second visit. It was not an interview again, but I did have to go through all the steps as if I were doing an interview (waiting in line outside, taking a number, waiting to be called up to confirm address and phone and then finally taking my fingerprints.) 

Do let us know what reasoning they had you go back for. If it;s for fingerprinting, that would be absolutely ridiculous. If you don't mind me asking, did you get put into AP 221g or DS5535?

Timeline

So I don't know if this matters but I did get a 212(g)(2)(B), waiver from ineligibility due to missing vaccines (I have a feeling it was due to mixed doses of Covid Vax that Canada has been doing since I wasn't missing anything else) on my VISA. Not sure if that would warrant additional processing / time to complete but thought I'd share.

Timeline
7 hours ago, katcat29 said:

Hi @Banoo999 After we inquired with the senator, I actually got a phone call coincidentally the same day from the consulate telling me of the fingerprints issue and needing to come back to do it. Then they confirmed via email which was how I was able to get into the consulate on my second visit. It was not an interview again, but I did have to go through all the steps as if I were doing an interview (waiting in line outside, taking a number, waiting to be called up to confirm address and phone and then finally taking my fingerprints.) 

Do let us know what reasoning they had you go back for. If it;s for fingerprinting, that would be absolutely ridiculous. If you don't mind me asking, did you get put into AP 221g or DS5535?

Thanks dear for your time.

At the first interview the CO took our passports and said I am not able to approve your visa today and will put you on AP and did not ask me for any extra document or DS5535 but gave me the 221g and did cross out the AP on the 221g. After the first interview the status is showing Refused which is still the same and only one time update since then .We received an email that they scheduled second interview only for me not for my son(almost 19 years old) and they welcoming my hubby as well but not required!!!!.We have no idea why the second interview is happening specifically I do live in Toronto and I have to go to Montreal again for the interview in this crazy weather .

Edited by Banoo999

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.