ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, US2197 said:

So I received a response from my representative. They pretty much gave her the same response I have been getting in emails. 

How frustrating, I received the same. Can I ask if you reached out to your senator or congressman/woman?

Timeline
43 minutes ago, CAN_PA said:

Thanks! Well it's at least now at their attention. Luckily they haven't sent for more documents which is good. And you've been updated (again!). I don't think there's anything left for us to do once we've sent a letter to our Reps. I can definitely understand how these replies can make us all want to light our hairs on fire. How many days did you have to wait until you received a reply from LMR?

My representative contacted the consulate on December 13. The consulate replied back to my representative’s office on December 20 and they did not update my case until December 30. Did you reach out to your senator or congressman/woman?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Redie said:

My representative contacted the consulate on December 13. The consulate replied back to my representative’s office on December 20 and they did not update my case until December 30. Did you reach out to your senator or congressman/woman?

I contacted my Congressman.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I have been thinking about this. Several people who were issued DS-5535, especially those that interviewed in late November and early December, reported the CO told them this was nothing to worry about. It was not uncommon to be issued, and should be resolved in a few weeks.

I suspect that this was something the consulate has trained COs to say after experiencing some people losing their cool when issued a DS-5535. I think they tell you that to keep you calm until you leave the building, because they know once you leave you can’t contact or bother them….

If this is true, it is really cruel.

I was interviewed early October and the gentleman did not use the words "administrative processing". He handed me a 221g and said "It's not a big deal. They're going to send you some questions by email in the next 48 hours". He said "Answer them quickly and accurately" and he really stressed on quickly. He did not give me a time frame but he totally lied because it has been a big deal. 

Timeline
On 1/3/2022 at 1:01 PM, Danii said:

I'm in shock right now... my status changed to "Issued" on Dec30?!!? The last time I checked CEAC was around 3-4pm on Dec30, I remember seeing an update but it was still refused, I guess they logged in shortly after to approve it? Part of me thinks this is a mistake/that it'll go back to refused today/tomorrow (not sure if they're open today?) 😳 I'll keep everyone updated as to what happens next. I truly hope that this is a sign that everyone else's approval is just around the corner 🙌 I'm comparing my case to the recent approval (FB User RC) and the only similarity I see is that we both reached out to our reps early December? She got an email from her rep the same day of her approval and I haven't gotten anything cause the reps office has been closed since Dec 17. Could just be a coincidence but ?? What does everyone else think? 

Congratulations Danii!! This is amazing! I am so happy for you!

11 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I have been thinking about this. Several people who were issued DS-5535, especially those that interviewed in late November and early December, reported the CO told them this was nothing to worry about. It was not uncommon to be issued, and should be resolved in a few weeks.

I suspect that this was something the consulate has trained COs to say after experiencing some people losing their cool when issued a DS-5535. I think they tell you that to keep you calm until you leave the building, because they know once you leave you can’t contact or bother them….

If this is true, it is really cruel.

The CO told me everything will be solved in 2 weeks.

Just now, ice-qube said:

Well that is false advertising now, isn't it!

I am sure that is just to keep you calm.

1 hour ago, ice-qube said:

Now I feel increasing irritation with it all. 

That’s a little unfair but it’s normal maybe some people start to yelling or crying at the embassy and they use that as a way to prevent that. But there it’s nothing else we can do, just keep watching the CEAC status and email then, it is frustrating but nothing else we can do.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Federico said:

That’s a little unfair but it’s normal maybe some people start to yelling or crying at the embassy and they use that as a way to prevent that. But there it’s nothing else we can do, just keep watching the CEAC status and email then, it is frustrating but nothing else we can do.

Yeah I mean I get what you are saying... they need to keep the cows calm on the way to the slaughterhouse so they won't disrupt the other cows 😄

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Federico said:

Well transparency would be appreciated. It’s stressful thinking that something is wrong with your case when they give you a time frame of 2-3 weeks especially when it’s only a medical that they are waiting for. How hard is it to look a your medical report that is right in front of them and approve your visa! I just don’t get it!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.