ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, Danii said:

I'm in shock right now... my status changed to "Issued" on Dec30?!!? The last time I checked CEAC was around 3-4pm on Dec30, I remember seeing an update but it was still refused, I guess they logged in shortly after to approve it? Part of me thinks this is a mistake/that it'll go back to refused today/tomorrow (not sure if they're open today?) 😳 I'll keep everyone updated as to what happens next. I truly hope that this is a sign that everyone else's approval is just around the corner 🙌 I'm comparing my case to the recent approval (FB User RC) and the only similarity I see is that we both reached out to our reps early December? She got an email from her rep the same day of her approval and I haven't gotten anything cause the reps office has been closed since Dec 17. Could just be a coincidence but ?? What does everyone else think? 

Whoa! Congrats, that's some marvelous news! Hope we get as lucky as you in the new year!

Timeline
6 hours ago, Danii said:

I'm in shock right now... my status changed to "Issued" on Dec30?!!? The last time I checked CEAC was around 3-4pm on Dec30, I remember seeing an update but it was still refused, I guess they logged in shortly after to approve it? Part of me thinks this is a mistake/that it'll go back to refused today/tomorrow (not sure if they're open today?) 😳 I'll keep everyone updated as to what happens next. I truly hope that this is a sign that everyone else's approval is just around the corner 🙌 I'm comparing my case to the recent approval (FB User RC) and the only similarity I see is that we both reached out to our reps early December? She got an email from her rep the same day of her approval and I haven't gotten anything cause the reps office has been closed since Dec 17. Could just be a coincidence but ?? What does everyone else think? 

Congrats @Danii I am so happy for you and thanks for sharing your good news.

Hopefully, the rest of us get approved in January.

2 hours ago, DrJanko10 said:

Congratulations @Danii My wife and I are thrilled for you!!! Looks like you won't be needing that mandamus after all :P 

Thank you!!! I really hope you guys are next and won't be needing the mandamus either 🙏 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Danii said:

Amazing! So happy for you! I had an update on December 30  but my status still shows refused. Hoping we all get some good news soon!

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Danii said:

Thank you!!! I really hope you guys are next and won't be needing the mandamus either 🙏 

You are so lucky... everyone got envy now lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, US2197 said:

Can you add me to the data sheet.

@Danii

Our timeline:

Visa type: IR1/Cr1 

Interview Date: Nov 16

DS5535 Sent: Nov 17

Additional documents required: No

could you complete the fields here, please https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=371292

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline

I have to admit, fellow VJers... I have never tried to use this forum as an emotional support group, but this stuff has got me demoralized. 69 days in since DS-5535 was submitted, no answer in sight, and after 2.5+ years of waiting for a spousal visa coming from *Canada*. Haven't seen my wife since a *year* already. COVID exploding again. Stuff feels not so optimistic.

Edited by ice-qube
missing word

Timeline
17 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

I have to admit, fellow VJers... I have never tried to use this forum as an emotional support group, but this stuff has got me demoralized. 69 days in since DS-5535 was submitted, no answer in sight, and after 2.5+ years of waiting for a spousal visa coming from *Canada*. Haven't seen my wife since a *year* already. COVID exploding again. Stuff feels not so optimistic.

That’s really rough ☹️.

I honestly thought you would have been approved by now, because of lack of ties to other countries. It shouldn’t take very long to verify your background etc…

My guess is the recent holidays have delayed things…like @Danii has pointed out, with Montreal having gotten through most of their backlog and with possible reduction of interviews due to the Covid spike, there is good reason to believe they will focus on the DS-5535 and AP cases.

I do hope your approval is around the corner…

Timeline
3 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

That’s really rough ☹️.

I honestly thought you would have been approved by now, because of lack of ties to other countries. It shouldn’t take very long to verify your background etc…

My guess is the recent holidays have delayed things…like @Danii has pointed out, with Montreal having gotten through most of their backlog and with possible reduction of interviews due to the Covid spike, there is good reason to believe they will focus on the DS-5535 and AP cases.

I do hope your approval is around the corner…

Thanks. I really would never have guessed I would be stuck in this situation. I am feeling upset today, but I guess tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and so on...are more days.

29 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

The same happened for me, but I wait more than 3 years to receive an interview and when the big moment arrives the DS appears at least my wife is with me but I want to move to the US to keep my life rolling because for me it’s like I am stuck and I can’t make life plans here because waiting to move to the U.S and that moment never arrives. I understand you very well.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Federico said:

The same happened for me, but I wait more than 3 years to receive an interview and when the big moment arrives the DS appears at least my wife is with me but I want to move to the US to keep my life rolling because for me it’s like I am stuck and I can’t make life plans here because waiting to move to the U.S and that moment never arrives. I understand you very well.

It literally feels as if it will never end now. They might say, "oh we require you to put in another form" or something, next. Or reject me for some ridiculous, as-of-yet-unknowable reason. 

39 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

I am worrying about this COVID SITUATION AGAIN and the 6 months medical exams expiration.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.