SDoake

Rescheduling interview date at Dublin

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi,

I hope someone can help me as I'm getting desperate and increasingly frustrated.

I received my interview date, finally, after over 18 months of working through the visa process, however they only gave me a weeks notice and since I work offshore and am currently in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, I cannot make the date and need to reschedule.

I have registered my appointment as I read that once you registered you would have options available to reschedule the date, however I cannot find any options on the website to do this. There is no way to change the date.

I tried calling the contact number but I only get an automated voice telling me things that I already know and I cannot for the life of me get through to a real person, and believe me, I've tried all the options, it just cuts me off eventually.

I sent an email but they say it can take up to 5 working days, considering that I got my date on Friday evening and it was a bank holiday on Monday past, 5 days is too long as my date is scheduled for this coming Monday.

If i miss the appointment, what will happen? Will they just reject my application? It's taken me so long to get to this point, I just want to be able to live with my husband and actually have a life together, I can't risk losing this.

Please help,

Thanks

Sharon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Whom did you email?  If your interview has been scheduled, then you must contact the consulate and request to reschedule.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Have you used the contact form on the U.S Embassy in Ireland webpage?https://ie.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-unit-contact-form/

And called this number: +353 1 668-8777 ? 

Edited by Kor2USA

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Whom did you email?  If your interview has been scheduled, then you must contact the consulate and request to reschedule.  

I'm trying to contact the consulate but all I get are machines on the phone. Ive tried all the numbers I can but apparently its too much to ask to speak to an actual person. Ive sent some emails but they are saying the email response time is 5 working days, not enough time for me given my date is on Monday. They didn't give me enough time.

1 minute ago, Kor2USA said:

Have you used the contact form on the U.S Embassy in Ireland webpage?https://ie.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-unit-contact-form/

And called this number: +353 1 668-8777 ? 

I have, and all i get is an automated machine telling me to email them instead, frustrating.

A user in the Philippines Forum gives their account of missing an IR1/CR1 interview. 

As you've already reached out to the embassy, hopefully you they will allow you to re-schedule your interview and the visa will not be refused outright. I do not think your situation is that unusual. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

going to assume you are on an oil platform as my son was

but when he had to see a dentist , they put him on the helicopter that delivered supplies daily to go onshore for help

do you have that option?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

going to assume you are on an oil platform as my son was

but when he had to see a dentist , they put him on the helicopter that delivered supplies daily to go onshore for help

do you have that option?

unfortunately not, I work on a ship so I would require it to come into port plus anything other than medical or close family emergencies are not considered vital enough to allow me to leave before my scheduled crew change. The joys of offshore life.

Timeline

so,  very sorry

you need time for interview and the medical exam

when is your contract up and u will return ?

does your ship give u a month or 2 off like my stepdaughter had ?

she was a purser and worked 6 months on with a 2 month off deal

Give the embassy all those details so hopefully ,  they schedule you at a good "off time"

Timeline
8 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

so,  very sorry

you need time for interview and the medical exam

when is your contract up and u will return ?

does your ship give u a month or 2 off like my stepdaughter had ?

she was a purser and worked 6 months on with a 2 month off deal

Give the embassy all those details so hopefully ,  they schedule you at a good "off time"

Thanks, yes I will have two months off beginning in December so I will have time then, I just ned to find a way to change the date. Its ironic that everything else in this process has taken so long and then when I finally get all my papers approved they are like "here's your interview date...its in 7 days", its not enough time!

Timeline
1 minute ago, SDoake said:

Thanks, yes I will have two months off beginning in December so I will have time then, I just ned to find a way to change the date. Its ironic that everything else in this process has taken so long and then when I finally get all my papers approved they are like "here's your interview date...its in 7 days", its not enough time!

yes,   they assume we all don't have a life and can't just drop all things 

i have a gf who missed an appointment because she was  having her baby

but you'll be ok

if the embassy is aware of your time off,  they should work with u 

Best to you both

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This is the site to reschedule in Vietnam

Look for something similar for Ireland

Apply for a U.S. Visa | Re-Schedule My Immigrant Visa Appointment - Vietnam (English) (ustraveldocs.com)

Filed: Timeline

The following link from the US Emassy Dublin's website seems to be a clear explanation on what you need to do.  See the FAQ response to "I wish to change the date of my scheduled visa interview." and follow the procedure there exactly and you should be okay.

https://ie.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/contact-us-nonimmigrant-visas/contact-us-immigrant-visas/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.