• 3 weeks later...

Approved F2A visa for one child from 3

on: 12/20/2022

Pd 10/04/2021

AR1: 01/24/2022

AR2: 12/16/2022

California- sc

Hello all,

I'm a US Citizen filed for my spouse (he's outside of US)

Submitted the form on OCT 7, 2021

Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS since May 10, 2022

On my receipt notice, it says my case is with Texas Center

I sent Service Request (filed inquiry) on my case and called the USIC customer service center multiple times and I could not get pass the automated system to speak with a service representative. 

Can anyone please help me on what I can do to speak with the USCIS rep? Every waking day is dreadful waiting for the case to move and it's causing a lot of issue with my marriage.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 1/12/2023 at 3:54 PM, ten_y said:

Hello all,

I'm a US Citizen filed for my spouse (he's outside of US)

Submitted the form on OCT 7, 2021

Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS since May 10, 2022

On my receipt notice, it says my case is with Texas Center

I sent Service Request (filed inquiry) on my case and called the USIC customer service center multiple times and I could not get pass the automated system to speak with a service representative. 

Can anyone please help me on what I can do to speak with the USCIS rep? Every waking day is dreadful waiting for the case to move and it's causing a lot of issue with my marriage.

I am not sure if you've already tried this but I my PD date 10/8/2021 as well and I can offer the suggestions to you in hopes that it helps. These are something tips that around last year I'm not sure if it's still the same but for what it's worth here we go... 

Ask Emma ? once you get to ask Emma say info pass,  then say you want to make an appointment it will Pass you through to an agent.(if things are still the same)

2nd go to the top right of USCIS website go to the chat with live agent.

3rd, and final something that seemed to work awhile back is send or update some information at a documents,  pictures , file K3, it's free , adding documents online maybe it'll prompt them to look into your account to see if something had changed . K3 has to be mailed in...it didn't help me but, I did receive all the RFE for something so minor back in July 2022,  9 days later ,I did get an approval in July of 2022, my journeys in my timeline but I'm still waiting for an husband to be interviewed in Morocco. Geez sorry can't be of more help .those are all tips that I have , if you don't understand something just ask.🙂 Inshallah, you hear something soon!  Keep me posted 

Edited by Lady Lamb

• 2 weeks later...

DQ and Left NVC :23 Jan 2023
Rec Letter from HKG Consulate: 7 February, 2023
Interview Scheduled for HKG Consulate: 17 March, 2023

Edited by GordonSand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Just want to add another (funny?) way to get a live person through EMMA. I wanted to use EMMA asking some stuff about my case. No matter how I phrased my question, EMMA always came up with the same boring answer showing me some links about the USCIS homepage. I got a little p!$$ed and entered "you lady just don't understand me". EMMA answered something like "I'm sorry that I'm not able to understand - I connect you to a live agent" (not literally though) and intstantly connected me to a live person.

So she seemed to be embarrassed about her helpnessless. 🙂

• 1 month later...

Approved IR1 in Hong Kong!!!!!!  Woohoooooo

consulate report

1. Queue for bags checked, turn off phone, put everything in brown basket 
  2. Scanning of arms and back 
  3. More bags check before entering 
  4. Take off shoes and jacket, pass everything to the guard, go through machine scanning 
  5. You’ll get back the brown basket with your docs and they’ll keep your phone with a number card left for you to collect when you exit 
  6. After that you’ll walk upstairs to second floor immigration visa room 
  7. An officer will check and collect docs from you for consular, he’ll ask you simple questions like where your husband? you grow up in hk? Have you visited US? Where else you’ve stayed more than 12 mths? 
  8. Original docs he asked for passport, hkid, 1 photo, birth certificate, marriage certificate, police reports. He’ll give you back the hkid. He didn’t ask for medical report as all have been submitted online.
  9. He also collected proof of my husband returning plan 
  10. I was then asked to wait for consular call for interview 
  11. After 15mins I was called to another counter to talk to the consular 
  12. Have my right hand up to vow that I’m giving all true info. Then I’m asked to scan my finger prints 
  13. Because we have been married more than 2 years not many questions on our marriage, only asked how we met, when did we get married, where’s my husband 
  14. Her focus on approval was what plan we’ve made to leave in 6 mths. I haven’t started looking for job yet and my place at Chicago was bought too long time ago doesn’t count. Quotation on shipment is good to have but not convincing enough. My husband job offer letter stating he’ll start 1 Oct is good too but again more than 6 mths so not good enough. Until I randomly mentioned he’s asked to retire by his current job by 31 Aug <- within 6 mths that’s what she’s looking for, she didn’t even ask for proof.
  15. Visa approved and good to go. 
Edited by GordonSand
added report

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone just updating  you guys, I have my visa approved on April 6Th and recieved my passaport with the visa on April 18Th! That concludes the long, 1.6 year long journey for us. Good luck to everyone still waiting. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/17/2023 at 4:14 AM, GordonSand said:

Approved IR1 in Hong Kong!!!!!!  Woohoooooo

consulate report

1. Original docs he asked for passport, hkid, 1 photo, birth certificate, marriage certificate, police reports. He’ll give you back the hkid. He didn’t ask for medical report as all have been submitted online.

Hi GordonSand, another question about police certificate (CNCC) application in Hong Kong....

How did you manage to get an original copy?  The HKG police website's CNCC FAQ page says the certificate/result is only sent to the consulate:

https://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/11_useful_info/cert_no_crime_faq.html , question 26:

Q.26 Will the result be sent to me or can I have a copy of the result? What if the requesting authority asks me to upload the CNCC online or bring the CNCC with me at the interview?
A.26

No. The CNCC will be sent to the relevant Consulate / Immigration Authority / Government Authority only. Applicants will receive a copy only when they have criminal conviction record. The policy was established to prevent possible abuse of the certificate.

Appreciate your time helping the community!

We never received original copy it went straight to the consulate. All you need to do is paste your receipt that you receive from the police department into the web portal for your visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.