308 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
4rassxf.jpg

what's the one with the turkey leg? :lol:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Sometimes I wonder how much of what is said here the woman's POV or what is fed to her by her S.O.? There is a huge difference in behavior in each area in MENA. Even within the same country you will find different standards among different areas.

Funny you mention this, I was just thinking the same thing. Many of the absolutes that get posted here sound suspiciously like things men might say to explain away things he doesn't want to be honest about.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Sometimes I wonder how much of what is said here the woman's POV or what is fed to her by her S.O.? There is a huge difference in behavior in each area in MENA. Even within the same country you will find different standards among different areas.

Funny you mention this, I was just thinking the same thing. Many of the absolutes that get posted here sound suspiciously like things men might say to explain away things he doesn't want to be honest about.

:yes:

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:yes:

This is very very true and sometimes very sad.

The mentality of "if my boyfriend/husband said it, it must be true" is one that I can't quite grasp. It's also always interesting how many women convert to Islam after they fall in love with their ME/NA SO.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
4rassxf.jpg

even more interesting is the one on the middle row left side.........

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

4rassxf.jpg

Well thats a common stereotype but I don't get the one with the turkey leg either...

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

4rassxf.jpg

Well thats a common stereotype but I don't get the one with the turkey leg either...

hunger? poverty? that would be my guess

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

4rassxf.jpg

That's a pilgrim. :yes:

Where's the bonnet? :lol:

4rassxf.jpg

That's a pilgrim. :yes:

Where's the bonnet? :lol:

I think it's one of those "wenches" that dresses up at those Renaissance Festivals. They eat turkey legs!!!! :lol:

My favorite is the one in the 3rd row that is compensating for something :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Um, ok I did not want to reply to this thread, since it seems like it just getting out of hand. Buuuut since my name has been tossed around...i feel I should.

1, My OP was directed to the general population in MENA. Not exculsive to Algeria.

2, I agreed with Wahrania's post since it is true (for me) that many women in Algeria that *I* have met are jealous of foreigners...not only Americans... esp the attractives one with education, skills and/or money. As unforunately the man you marry is and for your whole life is your statue symbol and bread/butter. Unlike for us *foreign* gals who make it on our own. And again I stress for many not all women in MENA.

3, IN my experience, after Algerian women get to know me... they shed their pre-convinced notions that range anywhere from curiousity to jealousy...after seeing who I am. And may I add in Algeria (and many other countries) the whole process is soooo long, and tiresome...and very hard on most men. 3yr long engagements, mahr, the many wedding dresses, the walima (arosa), gold and more gold, the bedroom and home furinture, etc etc. I know in my husband's family ALL the men were engaged for years until they could everything the women wanted to be married. So yes, in a way for these men marrying a foreign women is the only way they can *AFFORD* to marry. And I find this very unfortunate...but it is tradition. And these traditions are not easily broken.

4, As Wahrania stated my marriage is real. Not fake. And everyone knows it. We have been together far too long and been throu far too many things for it to be fake. LOL No man would put up with me this long unless he really loved me. LOL

5, Many women did actually in the beginning do this and that to ruin our happiness. But elhamdullah after a time, and the blessing of Ramadan they began to know me ... and see I am not some evil foreign woman taking their man.

6, I do not consider myself a person to want to be center of attention. In US I kept few friends (very very good friend) and kept to myself. Here in Algeria, I have my friends (mostly Germans and a few Brits and the women of my husband's family) who are just lovely women... I am not a social butterfly nor do I care to be. I much prefer to spent my time with my family or doing things for my family. After years and years, finally with my husband...so why the H*e*LL would I waste any time on stupidness? My husband is much more entertaining then any forum, tea party or arosa soireé.

7, I am indeed a divorced Muslime women with a child from a previous marriage. For the most part my husband's family did not mind... but for some it seemed my husband could done much better. It hurt at the time, but now the shock of the bluntness of the words worn off... I (and my husband) could care less. WE ARE A FAMILY. Other are just extended family. He comes rushing home to me. And elhamdullah only me. We complete each other. And I thank my God daily for that, esp since I know even in my own family (and my husband's family) I see women married, who are not truly happy or in love with their spouses. Soooo I feel so very blessed and lucky for this mercy. To have walked to the right of this wonderful man. SubhanAllah I am blessed! And I pray for every other women in this world to know this feeling.

Your personal experiance doesn't qualify you to make a generalization about all the women in MENA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.