Henia

And speaking of jealousy....

308 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Dont believe me? google mena and bullying in the vj search bar and go back into the springs postings and especially june just to get a really good idea of just how many these harpies have run off the boards... People who probably needed to be here. I read the posts and I think its time the bullying end.

you really don't realize just how insane your accusations are do you? Last time you dropped in this exactly thing happened. all someone needs to google is your name..it all starts to make sense. If you are sincere about wanting a community to discuss this process with, then why don;t you listen and learn a little before passing judgements left and right?

First I am not an anonymous poster nor do I assault people from behind a screen name. 2nd I am the mother of a mena girl an have been intensively around mena people for 7 years with both good and bad experiences. Third I am on the boards everyday albeit not really in MENA. I am not sure what you are implying but you would not have anything to threaten me with if I had not been open with you about my life in the very beginning. I am speaking from a wealth of experience both over there and here as well.....But i have never ever ever threatened someones private life nor talked in a threatening manner to any one on the boards nor asked that they reveal who they are. So google away if it makes you feel better but in my opinion, you are just proving my point. You are not one of the ones that I thought was a bully but judging from this post I am not so sure. I certainly have never personally attacked you, not even one time. But anyone who does not completely agree with the core group of posters on here gets attacked. I see this by looking back months and months at women run off the boards. Its not cool.

Aww she's precious Wahrania :thumbs: But I don't know if I'd leave it up for long :star:

Sometimes its hard seeing the forest with allthe trees.

unless there is a forest fire.... :whistle:

:lol:

Edited by JODO
drinkblink14.gif

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And speaking of jealousy....have you experienced any jealousy from your SO's fellow countrymen or women? LOL!

Yes I have.. a few times while in Jordan for 3 months..but nothing Ahmad and I couldn't handle..even if it pissed us off and at times blew our minds.

Here are 2 of a few experiences:

1- During a visit to my husbands friends family home.. one of the woman we both just met there kept talking across the room to my husband in arabic... then while we were watching a short video..she brought our her camera phone actiing like she was looking at..but then I hear the sound of it taking a picture..and guess who she was taking it of..yep from across the room..my husband.. My husband then looked over at her and spoke (in arabic)..If you want to take a picture you need to come here and take it of both of us. I however wanted to tell her "Eh B*tch, you wanna eat that camera phone???" ..As for what she was saying to him prior to this.. She kept asking him if he really loved me..and why does he want to go to America. Ahmad was quite irritated..referring to her an easy inheat girl dog.. and said he told her how much he loved me and would go anywhere .. even hell to be with me. I could understnd part of their talking..but he interpretted it more later. At this point my husband says that he felt that the invitation from this family was more than a hospitable one..but it had an underlying agenda. Therefore he has chosen to not accept anymore invites from this family.

2- Womens Celebration at home one week after we married.

Next door neighbor had 7 daughters.. in whom she was trying to marry them off to the last 2 available men in my husbands family (which were Ahmad and his brother).

During this festive nite of dancing and enjoying tea with family and neighboring women.. My husband Ahmad stayed with me the entire nite..but at one point the neighbor "mother of 7" took my husband on the side and told him.."If you marry one of my daughters, you will not have to do anything..I will pay for everything..you will not even have to work..(yeah right)..just marry one of them". My husband turned to her and said "Nothing you or anyone offers me would take me away from my wife..I love her more than anything.. Get away from me". I was wondering why at one point when I sat next to this family..He and his sister came to me and pulled me away from them to sit elsewhere. It was so obvious too. His mom also told this woman to not make trouble..or speak anymore..or she would have to leave. My family would have not been so cordial.. no way. This woman and her family would not be there..but in Jordan..its different.. Hospitality is prevalent and to be mostly admired.

Anyway.. I didnt enjoy this..but am thankful to see how my husband and his family handled this... As for jealousy.. Its equal for Ahmad and I..but not to the point of being rediculous... we feel pretty compliment by the other with the loving jealousy we display. Believe me i know the difference with a crazy/over protective jealousy and a loving/protective jealousy that is healthy.

My husband doesn't even fit into this "generalization". He made very good money here in the States (where we met) and his family owns a successful business and I'm sure all of the brothers have the means to provide for a wife. My husband's family have never put an emphasis on all that you have stated above. Do you know for a fact that all of the women on VJ fit into your mentioned generalization? Just say'in...if people are going to have drama over one person making a sweeping generalization, rather hypocritical to make one yourself.

I'm just sick and tired of all the freak'in drama on those posts. :angry:

You clearly don't get how MENA culture and traditions work.

Based on the fact that I don't agree with you on this particularly post, does not mean I have no concept of MENA culture. You do not know me, you do not know anything about how my family brings the MENA culture/traditions into our home...so back off. You CLEARLY don't have enough information to make that statement.

I'm trying to remain respectful to people on this board whether I agree with them or not. I have not been rude to you, I respectfully ask that you do the same.

The only statement I have made is regarding a cultural fact. If your husbands family doesn't follow traditional MENA culture then that might be the reason you feel the way you do. However most arabs DO follow traditional culture and this is cultural. The reason I said you don't get how it works is because you continue to insist I am making a generalization when infact I am not. And I am not a hypocrit as you also stated which in itself was a rude statement.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Sometimes its hard seeing the forest with allthe trees.

OMG best post today!!! :lol::lol::lol:

You clearly don't get how MENA culture and traditions work.

Wow JP...that was a little bit over the line don;t cha think?

Not really considering the way she came at me.

I think you need to go back and read my post. I didn't refer to your name specifically, did I? Don't think so. I was referring to several people who commented on Western women marrying MENA "unmarriables". Never made personal attacks at you. Let's be clear about that.

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: Timeline
And speaking of jealousy....have you experienced any jealousy from your SO's fellow countrymen or women? LOL!

Yes I have.. a few times while in Jordan for 3 months..but nothing Ahmad and I couldn't handle..even if it pissed us off and at times blew our minds.

1- During a visit to my husbands friends family home.. one of the woman we both just met there kept talking across the room to my husband in arabic... then while we were watching a short video..she brought our her camera phone actiing like she was looking at..but then I hear the sound of it taking a picture..and guess who she was taking it of..yep from across the room..my husband.. My husband then looked over at her and spoke (in arabic)..If you want to take a picture you need to come here and take it of both of us. I however wanted to tell her "Eh B*tch, you wanna eat that camera phone???" ..As for what she was saying to him prior to this.. She kept asking him if he really loved me..and why does he want to go to America. Ahmad was quite irritated..referring to her an easy inheat girl dog.. and said he told her how much he loved me and would go anywhere .. even hell to be with me. I could understnd part of their talking..but he interpretted it more later. At this point my husband says that he felt that the invitation from this family was more than a hospitable one..but it had an underlying agenda. Therefore he has chosen to not accept anymore invites from this family.

Next door neighbor had 7 daughters.. in whom she was trying to marry them off to the last 2 available men in my husbands family (which were Ahmad and his brother).

During this festive nite of dancing and enjoying tea with family and neighboring women.. My husband Ahmad stayed with me the entire nite..but at one point the neighbor "mother of 7" took my husband on the side and told him.."If you marry one of my daughters, you will not have to do anything..I will pay for everything..you will not even have to work..(yeah right)..just marry one of them". My husband turned to her and said "Nothing you or anyone offers me would take me away from my wife..I love her more than anything.. Get away from me". I was wondering why at one point when I sat next to this family..He and his sister came to me and pulled me away from them to sit elsewhere. It was so obvious too. His mom also told this woman to not make trouble..or speak anymore..or she would have to leave. My family would have not been so cordial.. no way. This woman and her family would not be there..but in Jordan..its different.. Hospitality is prevalent and to be mostly admired.

Anyway.. I didnt enjoy this..but am thankful to see how my husband and his family handled this... As for jealousy.. Its equal for Ahmad and I..but not to the point of being rediculous... we feel pretty compliment by the other with the loving jealousy we display. Believe me i know the difference with a crazy/over protective jealousy and a loving/protective jealousy that is healthy.

thanks so much or posting. They have all been on me saying none of this stuff happens

thanks so much or posting. They have all been on me saying none of this stuff happens

AGAIN we never said it doesn't happen, we just dont' agree that all arab women are spiteful because it has happened to a select few. We don't agree that the only this happens in jealousy.

Edited by amira_ordonia

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Other Timeline
Wahrania your views on Arabic women are so ignorant, same as your views on Palestinian people. You live in a world where you generalize everything based our your very limited experiances. Its so pathetic to just assume that a woman is jealous of you. Yes I said assume because up until now you have not given one solid reason as to why anyone would be jealous of you.

jp, don't all of us do that?

No.

sure you do. everyone does. i'm sure you've got quite a few generalizations about me :lol:

Saying arabic women are spiteful because of your limited experiance with a few is ignorant. The same as saying Palestinian people are bad because there are some in your town you don't like.

To say I don't like Charles because of xyz is not a generalization.

you're having your cake and eating it too with that above. if she says that about people based on their behavior towards her, how is that different than you saying you don't like me based on xyz other than the former is based on real life experiences (albeit limited) and the latter on what one types on the internet? :whistle:

If I said I think Charles is spiteful because of this, that is not generalizing. If I said I don't like my sister in law because of a specific reason, that is not generalizing. To say all arabic women are spiteful because one arabic woman pissed you off is generalizing.

I'm quite surprised that many of you weren't offended by the suggestion that Western women marry the "rejects" of MENA. I thought this was way out of line to assume this. Unless the person has knowledge of everyone's situation, how can that generaization be made? I certainly don't consider my husband a reject! I find that EXTREMELY offensive that someone would say that.

That is not a generalization, that is culture. No one ever said your husband was a reject or that these men are rejects, quite the contrary. I even said they are great guys but the way the culture is, they have to be financially stable before approaching a girls family for marriage.

Keep in mind that arrangments for marriage are not just between the two people wishing to get married but the family is heavily involved. My father would not give my hand in marriage to someone that was unemployed and had no money. Thats just the way society works overthere. Its not out of line to say that at all.

My husband doesn't even fit into this "generalization". He made very good money here in the States (where we met) and his family owns a successful business and I'm sure all of the brothers have the means to provide for a wife. My husband's family have never put an emphasis on all that you have stated above. Do you know for a fact that all of the women on VJ fit into your mentioned generalization? Just say'in...if people are going to have drama over one person making a sweeping generalization, rather hypocritical to make one yourself.

I'm just sick and tired of all the freak'in drama on those posts. :angry:

What is with the reading comprehension problems the last few days? NO ONE SAID ALL THE HUSBANDS ARE UNMARRIABLE. Wahrania said "arab women are spiteful." And yes, if we take a poll (which we don't have to do because we already know one way or another each husband's socioeconomic status based on what women have posted), MOST of the men would be unmarriable in MENA based on their financial status there.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

You're Welcome (F) I'm thankful for the post asking us to share our personal experiences regarding jealousy..

BY THE WAY.. YOUR LITTLE ONE IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

I am beginning to get a complex now. I want some arab women to be jealous of me..JP please be jealous of me..LOL

I been to Jordan 4 times and I never seen women jealous. They were curious about me because they thought I was jordanian and not american. Other than that I only had good experiences with the women I met there.

Angel

I am beginning to get a complex now. I want some arab women to be jealous of me..JP please be jealous of me..LOL

I been to Jordan 4 times and I never seen women jealous. They were curious about me because they thought I was jordanian and not american. Other than that I only had good experiences with the women I met there.

Angel

I am jealous of you, didnt you already know that? I'm jealous and spiteful. Wasn't I a bad Jordanian a few weeks ago? :lol::lol::lol:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline
I find this whole thread lame. I am sorry I started.

We should understand people have different experiences, opinions and lives. But I have seen some pretty vugar attacks on here. And am getting tired of this sbizarre preading of muck in this forum. I cannot see why we can not simply speak respectfully about immigration and varies parts of MENA culture.

In the last 2 days someone from the boards went off site and wrote horrible things and then...oh whatever...Youu and i both know the real deal

Unforunately this is something new. It has happened before. And I think you should report it if this happened. :wacko: Insanity.

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Angel

I am jealous of you, didnt you already know that? I'm jealous and spiteful. Wasn't I a bad Jordanian a few weeks ago? :lol::lol::lol:

LOL :lol::lol::lol: bad jordanian chica

I am jealous and spiteful too ..no wonder my jordanian husband married me :luv:

Filed: Other Timeline

And what do either of these two stories have to do with jealousy? They didn't want him to marry an American. If they were jealous of Americans, that would mean they harbored some kind of appreciation for Americans or they wouldn't be jealous. But wanting him to be married to someone NOT AMERICAN means they didn't like the idea he was marrying an American. Hardly an illustration of jealousy. And taking your pic to ####### talk you via phone texts? Jealousy how? People don't like each other, that doesn't mean they are jealous.

Edited by peezey

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

You're Welcome (F) I'm thankful for the post asking us to share our personal experiences regarding jealousy..

:D(F):D(F):D(F):D(F):D(F):D(F):D(F):D(F):D

:D(F):D(F):D(F):D(F):D(F):D(F):D(F):D(F):D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.