Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, From647to909 said:

Yep, thank you for the tip! We just booked medical this morning as well, scheduled for Feb 11th in Vaughan, ON. Do you guys think that seems like enough buffer time between the medical and the interview on March 2nd?

Just sharing my experience on this, I had my interview last month and booked my medical 9 days prior to the interview with Dr. Lee in Scarborough.  Results were back in 4 working days and I know other who used the Dr. in Vaughn had their medicals not show up on time.  It could have been an anomaly or luck but just food for thought as you look at options.  I had originally booked in Scarborough and Vaughn but I cancelled the Vaughn appointment and now I am glad I did.  Like someone else said, no one can really tell what the time will actually be for the results at the end of the day. 

Timeline
On 1/29/2022 at 11:37 AM, Hawk Riders said:

@PHM & @Sunshine022, review p15 of our FAQ!

Finally received the Green Card exactly three months to the day of me entering the US!

Timeline

Hey everyone, my medical was officially sent on Tuesday and I am (hopefully) thinking that they'll be issuing and shipping my passport soon. I see that I Visa Document Courier Services that there is an option for premium delivery. I had previously chosen a pickup location in Toronto. I am wondering if that extra $$ for a pickup location is worth it and will it mess up delivery if I upgrade right now?

Timeline

I’m suppose to receive my passport tomorrow (Monday) to my house via Purlator. I have a tracking number. It’s hasn’t been updated since Thursday and still says it’s in Montreal….. 

wondering is the weekend has anything to do with it? 

Hi everyone! My husband is looking to get someone in the government to reach out to the consulate about our case. Who would be the best to reach out to for help here? A member of the united states congress/senate? A high ranking official in the state department? Or would someone like a state senator or a state representative suffice? Any help or perspective here would be greatly appreciated.

Timeline
1 hour ago, affy said:

Hi everyone! My husband is looking to get someone in the government to reach out to the consulate about our case. Who would be the best to reach out to for help here? A member of the united states congress/senate? A high ranking official in the state department? Or would someone like a state senator or a state representative suffice? Any help or perspective here would be greatly appreciated.

Contact the state Senator's office. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
22 hours ago, affy said:

In my experience Schumer and Gillibrand have been useless. Our house rep has been quite helpful though.

3 hours ago, randy1randerson said:

In my experience Schumer and Gillibrand have been useless. Our house rep has been quite helpful though.

On 2/7/2022 at 2:37 PM, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

Contact the state Senator's office. 

Thanks everyone for your help! I'll let you know how it goes :)

Hi everyone. I am new here. My DQ is 06/02/2021. I moved my case from India to Canada end of Dec'21. My case was skipped when they sent out interview letters this time. We reached out to the state senator, NVC, Montreal Consulate-no positive response yet. Hoping Montreal would send out another bunch of ILs this month but looks unlikely. Good luck to everyone going through the process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@ErinD, @JAfromOHinON, @bartek_rdz, @maplehoney:

how were those interviews?

Edited by Hawk Riders

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline

It went really well for myself. We were approved, pending medical report submission. They did receive it 2 days after my interview, so we are hoping it’s processed very soon. 

Timeline
18 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

The interview went very well. My application was approved and I should get my passport back within next couple of days (the status is currently "ISSUED (with a note saying “Your visa is in final processing...").

One thing that took me off guard was the request for a photocopy of my Canadian PR card (I only had the original on me which they didn't want). Also, I totally forgot to write down my wife's new US phone number which wasn't really an issue but they did ask for it. Other than that they only requested original documents from me (marriage certificate, police check and birth certificate).

Timeline
On 2/8/2022 at 3:26 PM, Hawk Riders said:

Interview went very smoothly, was approved and I received the passport back with visa yesterday, via Purolator!

Also, I would recommend to anyone considering medical options- Dr Cheema in Surrey was an easy experience with the labs being just up the street, with little wait time required. They submitted the reports digitally within two days of the exam. 

Thankful for the community providing so much helpful information throughout this process.

1 hour ago, maplehoney said:

Interview went very smoothly, was approved and I received the passport back with visa yesterday, via Purolator!

Also, I would recommend to anyone considering medical options- Dr Cheema in Surrey was an easy experience with the labs being just up the street, with little wait time required. They submitted the reports digitally within two days of the exam. 

Thankful for the community providing so much helpful information throughout this process.

Congratulations!! Within how many days after the interview did they send the passport back?  
I’m hoping ours is back soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.