Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
45 minutes ago, alphabetagamma said:

I crossed the border last week and finally made it to PA. My wife was with me when we crossed the border in my Ontario plated car. The officer at the border just asked me to lower down the rear window to see what all we were carrying and then he goes - "I see you're moving permanently". Our car literally had no breathing space lol. It was overloaded tbh that after leaving back so much stuff. We weren't asked anything about what we were carrying else it would have been a disaster for me as I had no idea where I placed what. Then we went inside the office waited for like 15-20 min before we both were called and the officer verified my GC delivery address which I requested him to change. Then he just shared other relevant information like when will I get my GC and the passport stamp is going to be my temporary GC for an year. Later I asked him about importing my car, I was already carrying all the paperwork. He then referred me to another window where I submitted my paperwork and in return was given the originals back along with another form that I have to carry to PenDot office here in PA. And that is it. Overall it took like 40 min for everything and everyone was super nice at the border. It was nostalgic to be back driving on the roads in the US and the feeling of not moving anymore was just priceless. We also bought our own place and getting all settled now. Again, big thanks to all. This forum was so helpful. I will provide another update about the car import process once I visit the pendot office.

* the only bad thing about this whole move was the cold snowy weather and it was extremely difficult with our cat to be in the car for a split journey of 3.5 hours over two days. But then everything comes with a price :)

Congratulations on your move and the new house! Great start to hopefully a lifetime of love and happiness…

What POE did you go through. They seem relaxed there and I might want to go through the same one when I move next week.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Congratulations on your move and the new house! Great start to hopefully a lifetime of love and happiness…

What POE did you go through. They seem relaxed there and I might want to go through the same one when I move next week.

Thank you for your wishes and all the best to you too.

I crossed through Peace Bridge via Fort Erie. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, alphabetagamma said:

Thank you for your wishes and all the best to you too.

I crossed through Peace Bridge via Fort Erie. 

Thank you! That might work well for us as we are leaving from Toronto too. 

I will post about my crossing experience :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/20/2021 at 7:37 AM, alphabetagamma said:

Got my tracking number just now too :)

when did you pick up the passport?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

when did you pick up the passport?

I opted for delivery at home and it was delivered on 12/22. I updated my timeline with the same earlier that day. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, jmkmqp said:

So we got email saying medical has been sent electronically. Only one week after the examination! Dr Mascahrenhas.

I thought the lab delays were causing up to 3 weeks? It’s a good thing but just curious what happened. Anyone else?

He told me 3-4 weeks as well and it was sent electronically yesterday for me too and it was two weeks

Timeline

Hello,

wondering if someone can provide me with some insight. 

my visa was initially refused due to a late medical. My medical arrive to the consulate last week. My CEAC still said refused. But today it says issued with a message below that’s it’s in AP. 

Any idea how long it takes to get your visa after it moves to issued (AP)?

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Sarpor4 said:

Hello,

wondering if someone can provide me with some insight. 

my visa was initially refused due to a late medical. My medical arrive to the consulate last week. My CEAC still said refused. But today it says issued with a message below that’s it’s in AP. 

Any idea how long it takes to get your visa after it moves to issued (AP)?

Just thought I would share my wife's experience especially since everyone seems to be in this pending medical situation. She had her interview on Jan 21 without medical. Everything went well but the case was assigned a refused status on CEAC. Two days later, the medical results were sent over and the case was moved over to AP on Jan 27.  On Jan 31, it was then updated to final processing and yesterday, we received an email with the shipment notice.

Hope this helps! (still need to update the overall timeline lol).

Timeline
3 minutes ago, s2dat10 said:

Just thought I would share my wife's experience especially since everyone seems to be in this pending medical situation. She had her interview on Jan 21 without medical. Everything went well but the case was assigned a refused status on CEAC. Two days later, the medical results were sent over and the case was moved over to AP on Jan 27.  On Jan 31, it was then updated to final processing and yesterday, we received an email with the shipment notice.

Hope this helps! (still need to update the overall timeline lol).

Awesome!  So maybe I can expect tracking info within a few days!!! Yay!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/30/2022 at 11:40 AM, From_CAN_2_US said:

I am about to cross the border for the first time since getting my visa on Feb 12. I am moving permanently that day.

Has anyone taken food across the border. I am basically wrapping up my life here and leaving. I live alone and have no family in Canada to give my leftover food too. The canned and unopened food, I’ll be donating, but I will still have a bunch of opened leftovers such as flour, rice, oil, pasta, lentils, baking products etc. They don’t cost much, but feels bad to throw out  good food, so was thinking of taking them.

Has anyone done this and did it cause any issues with CBP?

TAKE ALL THE THINGS!  :D  Seriously, any of those dry goods are great to take because the grocery bill always sucks when you had those items and then don't have...

I took all of my spices, pasta, cereal - basically anything non perishable.  When we moved the first time, the movers wouldn't take anything open, so we stuck it in a tote and took it across when we imported the vehicle.  Second time moving, it was all us, so we already knew what to do.  

Safe travels!  

13 hours ago, jmkmqp said:

I thought the lab delays were causing up to 3 weeks? It’s a good thing but just curious what happened. Anyone else?

Under promise and over deliver!  Keeps customers happy.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline

Apologies if this has already been mentioned or if someone has the link to the thread then that would be awesome! But when I get my passport back and I go over the land border with half my stuff and initiate my visa. Am I allowed to go back over the week after to pick up the rest of my stuff or do I have to stay in the USA for a certain number of days?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.