Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

When your spouse will activate her residency at the border with CBP. She can ask the officer to verify the resident address and have the correction and update. The USCIS must have the address where she intends to live because for what I remember we filled out that in I130 and DS260.

We'll remember to do that. Thank you!

1 minute ago, ifh said:

I have used my Canadian address for the Residence. So I guess it is not where the SSN and GC will be sent . 

It should've been her current Canadian address too since she's living in Canada and no longer in US. Perhaps you're right. This might be just passport-delivery portal and has nothing additional to do with our case after passport is delivered.

Oh wait, now that I wrote that and thinking about it, I think we did write this address when filling-out the delivery information. The instruction had said that US driver license could be used but must match the address exactly. Since she doesn't have an actual ID in Canada (only asylum claimant documents), we had given that address as per her valid ID.

No need to panic :)

21 minutes ago, Temp_Xyz said:

It should've been her current Canadian address too since she's living in Canada and no longer in US. Perhaps you're right. This might be just passport-delivery portal and has nothing additional to do with our case after passport is delivered.

Oh wait, now that I wrote that and thinking about it, I think we did write this address when filling-out the delivery information. The instruction had said that US driver license could be used but must match the address exactly. Since she doesn't have an actual ID in Canada (only asylum claimant documents), we had given that address as per her valid ID.

No need to panic :)

Yes exactly, I just saw that you need to use the address that is showing on your ID :) Congratulations! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, MJ & FEK said:

Last month, we go ours at 6:30 am EST. But they have gone out at later times too. 

Hopefully theyll go out today

I got mine 6 in the morning as well. 

Timeline

While I think we can hold out until Jan 18 before we call it, I unfortunately have a sneaking suspicion Montreal may not issue interviews letters this month for 1R1/CR1. In the last three months they have managed to reduce the back log such that the wait from DQ to interview has gone down from 12 months to 4 months. When London similarly reduced their backlog mid last year, they started skipping months.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
9 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

While I think we can hold out until Jan 18 before we call it, I unfortunately have a sneaking suspicion Montreal may not issue interviews letters this month for 1R1/CR1. In the last three months they have managed to reduce the back log such that the wait from DQ to interview has gone down from 12 months to 4 months. When London similarly reduced their backlog mid last year, they started skipping months.

Maybe they will use the spare time to work on those suck in administrative processing. 

Timeline
Just now, Sarpor4 said:

Maybe they will use the spare time to work on those suck in administrative processing. 

Yes, I really hope so...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Sarpor4 said:

While I don't disagree with the AP/DS-5535 cases, there isn't spare time as such.  Lots of EB's waiting, among others, while IR/CR's and K's have been prioritized.  Unending cycle if rob from Paul to pay Peter, I'm afraid.

Interview letters used to come out later in the month, more around mid month.  Also keep in mind that MLK day is Monday, so that could have an impact, too.    

Edited by mam521
Noting MLK

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kirank said:

Congrats!!!! Got mine on Feb 9th!! 
Do you, or anyone  know if medical can be scheduled online or we have to give them a call at the Montreal clinic?  

Congratulations! 

Please fill in your timeline.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.