Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, MJ & FEK said:

Does anyone know what this means? It says Issued which is obviously good, but below it says we are undergoing AP which can take several weeks. Is that standard? The officer at the interview today wasn't able to tell us we were approved, so I am just highly concerned about AP (but she did say 2-4 weeks for the visa).

Thanks for your help!

Screenshot_1.png

My wife received the same status update after her interview. If the status is "Issued", it means you were approved. She interviewed on a Monday and CEAC updated to "Issued" on Tuesday and an email was sent the same day with tracking information for her passport. Look out for that email soon. 

45 minutes ago, Temp_Xyz said:

Hey. Where do we go to check this status after the interview? I do not see any new messages in CEAC portal.

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, MJ & FEK said:

We just finished, we aren't sure it was approved or not. The reason is because of our finances, they were giving us a hard time about them- we have lot of savings but because I was a PhD student at the time, my fellowship was not taxable income which confused the officer. My husband politely explained this to the officer. They wanted us to resubmit the joint sponsorship form and put us back into AP, even though it wasn't necessary for complex reasons about taxes that I wont explain here lol. I think my husband was able to persuade her otherwise, at the end he asked if it was approved and she wouldn't say, but she did say he would get the passport back in 2-4 weeks, so I think good sign? Wish we left having more clarity, but at least she didn't mention the dreaded 5535.

I know this has been asked before, but how long does it take for the visa application to change status from "ready"?

Sounds like just an inexperienced CO… didn’t want to say “approved” until they checked with a superior.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Ilovecancun29 said:

Im back at my hotel room having breakfast. I arrived like 8:45 and went  in exactly 9:00 or 5 minutes after. The line to go in has nothing to do with the time of your appointment, there was a guy before me with a 9:30 appointment  that went it first and a guy behind with 9:45. I waited for a long time to be called but at least I was warm 😆. To my surprise the first officer spoke Spanish so I was able to have a nice conversation in Spanish. Interestingly she said my lawyer was not registered in my case! Wtaf? (Here I am thinking my green card would be arriving at their office).
A few minutes later I was called by another officer, she told me what I already knew: Refused  221g-  Awaiting for medical exam- admin proccesing. My medical was Dec 30, so hopefully will be updated soon. I wasn’t even shocked or anything, I was expecting it. I do have to say It was funny when I turned around and some of the  people sitting there looked horrified lol, she did say refused on the mic.

Meh

So how long is the 221g- pending’s taking?
I  do have to say there must be a security issue with backpacks, my purse was bigger  than the woman in front me and she had to go put her tiny “ backpack”  in the car. I panicked, but  I was called right away and  they didn’t tell me anything.

I must commend you for how you take everything under your stride.

About how long it takes when medicals are not available at the time of the interview, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Montréal has been known to delay for as much as 2 months for a simple missing document. Unfortunately, our friend @Redie is going through this right now. This is not to say it will necessarily happen to you, because we have seen people approved much sooner after receipt of medicals as well. Sending you luck and positive vibes…

Timeline

Looks like there was a VJer party at the Montréal consulate yesterday. So happy to hear of all the approvals.

@ME_RHEDZ77 congratulations! I was worried yesterday about you two making the train. Glad it all worked out, and yes, good decision to not reschedule the interview.

@Temp_Xyz Happy to see the police clearance was not an issue. What a relief! 

@MJ & FEK I know you were worried about the DS-5535 just like me; so glad to see you approved.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
2 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I must commend you for how you take everything under your stride.

About how long it takes when medicals are not available at the time of the interview, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Montréal has been known to delay for as much as 2 months for a simple missing document. Unfortunately, our friend @Redie is going through this right now. This is not to say it will necessarily happen to you, because we have seen people approved much sooner after receipt of medicals as well. Sending you luck and positive vibes…

Thanks for your reply! As long as it’s not more than that I’m ok. My husband wanted to move in March and this gives me an excuse to move until april 1st if it gets delayed. More time to find a place. 😆

6 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

@bayyy94, approved?

Yes!!! 
Hi everyone! I’ll tell you about my interview experience  today. My interview was set for 9:30. I got to the consulate at around 9:10 and waited in line for a bit less than an hour. Make sure you dress warm! Went through the security where they checked my appointment letter, gave me a number, and was told to place my phone in a locker. After heading to the first floor, I was called in after an hour or so to a window where I was asked to give a passport photo, for my sponsor’s (husband) name and phone number, original marriage certificate and birth certificate, tax transcripts and a copy of the i864 and my husband’s proof of citizenship. I was given a pamphlet about domestic abuse and was told to wait for my number again for the interview. This process took about five minutes. After waiting for a good hour and half, I was called again to another window for the interview: 

I was asked for my husband’s name,

when we got married, and how we met. It was very brief and the officer was very friendly and didn’t want to go into details. She asked if we have any children and I told her I was expecting my first child next month.  She asked if we wanted to give birth in the states and I told her if I get my passport back on time then yes, she told me she wants to go back to this topic a bit later. Then she began asking other questions:  my husband’s work and mine, where I’m going to live, countries I’ve visited in the past five years (I began listing and she didn’t want me to continue and just wanted to make sure I didn’t visit countries “like Pakistan or Afghanistan”, longest stay in the states, given any issues with immigration or crossing, any criminal history, discussed where I was born,  and how my family moved to the states I when I was younger, and how they eventually migrated to Canada. She told me they received my medial exam

and then proceeded to tell me that everything looks great and there’s no reason for her not approve me. She told me she was going to keep my passport. Then she went back to discuss delivering my baby in the states and offered to expedite my passport stamped with the visa. She asked if I was able to pick it up in Montreal in the next few days and I told her I wouldn’t be able to stay in Montreal after today so she put a note down to have it stamped urgent and mailed out in the next couple of days so hopefully that goes well! 
My interview was about 10 minutes and the officer was very kind and super helpful. I was done and out by 11:50. 

Overall, this was better than what I expected and I hope everyone else has a smooth interview and experience. Just a note: I noticed some interviewees were getting rejected/ delayed because of the documents being incomplete or missing. Also, I would answer the questions without adding irrelevant information because some officers asked for more info about the answers applicants were providing and it didn’t end up going too well. 

Good luck everyone!!

Hello everyone!
it looks like there is no more specific day that the consulate ships passports and emails tracking numbers. Is it done everyday now? I see that some of us received their passports earlier this week (Congrats to all of you :)) I thought it was only sent on Thursdays… I am waiting anxiously while refreshing my ceac status and email inbox…😅(still Issued AP) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, rafmann said:

Hi, I’m looking to move my belongings from Canada to the states by land border with a U-Haul. Do I need anything other than a packing list?

Your packing list and the rental agreement for the Uhaul.  Pretty easy.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
10 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Looks like there was a VJer party at the Montréal consulate yesterday. So happy to hear of all the approvals.

@ME_RHEDZ77 congratulations! I was worried yesterday about you two making the train. Glad it all worked out, and yes, good decision to not reschedule the interview.

@Temp_Xyz Happy to see the police clearance was not an issue. What a relief! 

@MJ & FEK I know you were worried about the DS-5535 just like me; so glad to see you approved.

Thank you so much my friend for all the advice and your thoughts specially on thingking of rescheduling.

last Monday our plane arrived early but due to the gate was busy, plane didn’t park early. As we got off the plane, we ran and find the up express. Missed the train, waited 30 mins instead of 15mins. We missed our VIA train but good thing they resched to 5pm w/o any charge. Arrived Montreal 10 and it was so freezing cold. We didn’t know there was a curfew, it was only the next day when I learned from a friend.

Met @Temp_Xyz at consulate while waiting for my wife. They’re so friendly and kind. Was more surprised when I learned they are our neighbor rm in BW. Now looking forward to meet ‘em in Toronto. 

To all having their interviews or upcoming interviews wishing all best of luck. For those who didn’t make it well with their interviews, hold on and we’re all are here to comfort you. Never lose hope. Lastly for those who are still waiting, just be patience on waiting and hold on, the best is yet to come on your way.

Let’s keep this big community a big help for all.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

1 minute ago, ifh said:

Still issued AP no change since Friday :( Hopefully soon. Thanks for the update. Congrats to you!! 😊

Thanks, definitely check back today (I'm sure youve been doing that anyways and no need to tell you..) 

I have been obsessing over how long it takes, and although I am sure you are super worried and the majority of cases are within a day, I have read about a few that took between 1-3 weeks. And they were issued after that, no problem. So stay optimistic. It is frustrating though, I know your interview was delayed too. I wish they were more systematic about it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.