Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

Where did you had your medical? I'm hoping that result will be in in the system before your interview to avoid waiting for another day/s for your approval.

Montreal! At the Telus health. They said 5 business day to get it to the consulate. Maybe God will intervene and somehow get in there just on time. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, MJ & FEK said:

We just finished, we aren't sure it was approved or not. The reason is because of our finances, they were giving us a hard time about them- we have lot of savings but because I was a PhD student at the time, my fellowship was not taxable income which confused the officer. My husband politely explained this to the officer. They wanted us to resubmit the joint sponsorship form and put us back into AP, even though it wasn't necessary for complex reasons about taxes that I wont explain here lol. I think my husband was able to persuade her otherwise, at the end he asked if it was approved and she wouldn't say, but she did say he would get the passport back in 2-4 weeks, so I think good sign? Wish we left having more clarity, but at least she didn't mention the dreaded 5535.

I know this has been asked before, but how long does it take for the visa application to change status from "ready"?

Hope the CO words that he will get the passport will be a good sign. BTW I'm not sure if you were the couples I chatted a few and again met at the lobby of BW. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

1 minute ago, Sarpor4 said:

Montreal! At the Telus health. They said 5 business day to get it to the consulate. Maybe God will intervene and somehow get in there just on time. 

I did mine in Montreal too and they did send exactly after 5 business days. Hopefully it will be the same for you. Good luck with the whole process. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
26 minutes ago, Sarpor4 said:

Did you bring your phone? 
I’m planning on bringing just my phone and folder. 

also, my medical is on the 18th of January and interview is on 24th so I’m definitely getting a 221g as well..,, 

No phones or smart watches of any type are allowed in the Consulate.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
Just now, mam521 said:

No phones or smart watches of any type are allowed in the Consulate.  

Can you leave it in a locker or anything? Wanted to have my phone for directions… 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sarpor4 said:

Can you leave it in a locker or anything? Wanted to have my phone for directions… 

As per the FAQ: 

I read that I can’t bring my phone in, where do I leave it?

There are lockers for small devices (phones, car remotes, etc) but it appears that once these are full they direct people to a nearby mall to store their devices there. The mall has lockers which are $1 to rent until 9pm.

That said, I don't know what the situation is since covid.  Maybe some of today's interviewees can comment.  

Edited by mam521

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sarpor4 said:

There is a locker at the security area. My wife said it was a small locker that will suit only mobiles. My wife brought her small foldable umbrella and good thing it still fits in the locker.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
4 hours ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

Thanks my friend! Wife was approved.

So you kept the appointment instead of rescheduling after all... congrats to wife!

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Canada.gif

Does anyone know what this means? It says Issued which is obviously good, but below it says we are undergoing AP which can take several weeks. Is that standard? The officer at the interview today wasn't able to tell us we were approved, so I am just highly concerned about AP (but she did say 2-4 weeks for the visa).

Thanks for your help!

Screenshot_1.png

Timeline

@bayyy94, approved?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Canada.gif

7 hours ago, MJ & FEK said:

Does anyone know what this means? It says Issued which is obviously good, but below it says we are undergoing AP which can take several weeks. Is that standard? The officer at the interview today wasn't able to tell us we were approved, so I am just highly concerned about AP (but she did say 2-4 weeks for the visa).

Thanks for your help!

Screenshot_1.png

Hey. Where do we go to check this status after the interview? I do not see any new messages in CEAC portal.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.