Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

@Ilovecancun29 Never mind. I track back comments and found your post about your interview date and time. So, Your's is 9:00 am, it will be snowing. It's crazy freezing this day. My first time to experience -24C and my hand getting numb.

Good luck to all having their interviews tomorrow and the rest of the week.

Good luck tomorrow, comrade!

Stay as warm as you can through the wait. Honestly, when I interviewed, I was too happy to be there to care… lol.

Timeline
10 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Good luck tomorrow, comrade!

Stay as warm as you can through the wait. Honestly, when I interviewed, I was too happy to be there to care… lol.

Thanks my friend! Wife was approved.

Quick share:

We came in the line 7:20. There were about 4 applicants including my wife when we get there.  Security started letting applicants go in around 7:25. My wife got in 7:35 or 7:40. The security didn't arranged the applicants per appointment schedule. It came as like first for come first serve. There are people who were there and not joined this great and relevant community, who brought back pack and I felt so bad for the old man who's like at his late 60's and brought luggage from his hotel was been told by the security that he cannot bring the luggage inside. 

I will share more stories shortly. I will gather all question and brief story from my wife and share here.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
32 minutes ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

Thanks my friend! Wife was approved.

Quick share:

We came in the line 7:20. There were about 4 applicants including my wife when we get there.  Security started letting applicants go in around 7:25. My wife got in 7:35 or 7:40. The security didn't arranged the applicants per appointment schedule. It came as like first for come first serve. There are people who were there and not joined this great and relevant community, who brought back pack and I felt so bad for the old man who's like at his late 60's and brought luggage from his hotel was been told by the security that he cannot bring the luggage inside. 

I will share more stories shortly. I will gather all question and brief story from my wife and share here.

Yay! Very happy for you and you wife. Congratulations.

Also glad you did not have to wait long in the cold.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

11 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Yeah, I wouldn’t bring up the change of job, unless it is asked… no need to complicate anything…

Good luck for tomorrow. You seem well prepared, so I’m sure you will do well.

and jeez… bedbugs?!! I stayed at the Best Western Ville-Marie. Is it that Best Western or the other one that has bed bugs. Hope I didn’t bring back any stowaways…

Nope, it's a different one I think.

The hotel we booked was taken over by the government and changed into COVID testing center, so the hotel shifted us to Best Western Plus (on Drummond St). The 2nd floor has been turned into a homeless shelter/refuge.

The front-desk was very nice and gave us a room on the 5th floor, and it's pretty clean -- no smell or anything, just a bit small for a King room.

As @ME_RHEDZ77 said (we met him and congratulated his wife! :)), they did not re-arrange the line by appointment time today. It was cold and started snowing while we were waiting-- so wear layers to stay warm!

My wife is currently in the consulate, so we'll report back once she's done.

Edited by Temp_Xyz

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Temp_Xyz said:

Nope, it's a different one I think.

The hotel we booked was taken over by the government and changed into COVID testing center, so the hotel shifted us to Best Western Plus (on Drummond St). The 2nd floor has been turned into a homeless shelter/refuge.

The front-desk was very nice and gave us a room on the 5th floor, and it's pretty clean -- no smell or anything, just a bit small for a King room.

As @ME_RHEDZ77 said (we met him and congratulated his wife! :)), they did not re-arrange the line by appointment time today. It was cold and started snowing while we were waiting-- so wear layers to stay warm!

Oh man! I didn't knew that it was you that I talked to before my wife got done! We also stay at Best Western Plus, hope to see you again later! rm 519 my rm. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Temp_Xyz said:

22 minutes ago, MJ & FEK said:

My husband is there now, fingers crossed it goes well for us all today. Congrats to @ME_RHEDZ77

I get tingly butterflies when I read about others waiting for their spouses who are interviewing.  It takes me right back to when I was sitting in the Consulate while my husband was nervously waiting for the phone call to say we're approved. All the preparation and waiting culminating into this moment!

Good luck, everyone and sincerely hoping all the results are 100% positive!

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline

Went back to Consulate to see our friend @Temp_Xyz and his wife. 

Congratulations my friend @Temp_Xyz and your spouse! Such a relief to all. I hope the others did well too!

I had short chat with other applicants there. You won't be believing that some had applied since 2018 and 2019. Another applicant took longer for him because he serves military. Wishing he got approved too for they had waited so very long. 

Good thing that I decided to pursue and take our interview and change our mind  of re-scheduling my wife's interview. Otherwise, we may be waiting longer and be in limbo not knowing when Montreal Consulate will give a new schedule. So I suggest for those who are thinking to re-schedule their appointment just to avoid the extreme cold weather in Montreal, to do keep your original appointment for you may never know what will be the upcoming or future situation in Quebec, specially this time of another variant Omicron.

Also please don't forget do not bring any big bag/ backpack. And if you're already in the line and you found other applicant having it and security has not notify them, please let the applicant know so they can bring back their stuff at the hotel and back to their interview. I just really felt bad for the old folk who I advised that he need to get his luggage back to hotel. He didn't listen and until security notify him. I assume he's a IR5 immigrant visa applicant. Praying he got approved.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Timeline

I like reading all the conversation. My interview is the 24th so very helpful. Flying to Montreal on the 17th, medical is in the 18th. They said the medical won’t be at the consulate until the 25th (a day after my interview). I hope this don’t delay me getting my visa too much. 

good luck everyone! 

We just finished, we aren't sure it was approved or not. The reason is because of our finances, they were giving us a hard time about them- we have lot of savings but because I was a PhD student at the time, my fellowship was not taxable income which confused the officer. My husband politely explained this to the officer. They wanted us to resubmit the joint sponsorship form and put us back into AP, even though it wasn't necessary for complex reasons about taxes that I wont explain here lol. I think my husband was able to persuade her otherwise, at the end he asked if it was approved and she wouldn't say, but she did say he would get the passport back in 2-4 weeks, so I think good sign? Wish we left having more clarity, but at least she didn't mention the dreaded 5535.

I know this has been asked before, but how long does it take for the visa application to change status from "ready"?

Timeline
14 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Yeah, I wouldn’t bring up the change of job, unless it is asked… no need to complicate anything…

Good luck for tomorrow. You seem well prepared, so I’m sure you will do well.

and jeez… bedbugs?!! I stayed at the Best Western Ville-Marie. Is it that Best Western or the other one that has bed bugs. Hope I didn’t bring back any stowaways…

The one with the bad reviews its Europa something

Timeline
20 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

Whoopsie. I had the 11th typed on the spreadsheet!

Im back at my hotel room having breakfast. I arrived like 8:45 and went  in exactly 9:00 or 5 minutes after. The line to go in has nothing to do with the time of your appointment, there was a guy before me with a 9:30 appointment  that went it first and a guy behind with 9:45. I waited for a long time to be called but at least I was warm 😆. To my surprise the first officer spoke Spanish so I was able to have a nice conversation in Spanish. Interestingly she said my lawyer was not registered in my case! Wtaf? (Here I am thinking my green card would be arriving at their office).
A few minutes later I was called by another officer, she told me what I already knew: Refused  221g-  Awaiting for medical exam- admin proccesing. My medical was Dec 30, so hopefully will be updated soon. I wasn’t even shocked or anything, I was expecting it. I do have to say It was funny when I turned around and some of the  people sitting there looked horrified lol, she did say refused on the mic.

Meh

So how long is the 221g- pending’s taking?
I  do have to say there must be a security issue with backpacks, my purse was bigger  than the woman in front me and she had to go put her tiny “ backpack”  in the car. I panicked, but  I was called right away and  they didn’t tell me anything.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ilovecancun29 said:

Im back at my hotel room having breakfast. I arrived like 8:45 and went  in exactly 9:00 or 5 minutes after. The line to go in has nothing to do with the time of your appointment, there was a guy before me with a 9:30 appointment  that went it first and a guy behind with 9:45. I waited for a long time to be called but at least I was warm 😆. To my surprise the first officer spoke Spanish so I was able to have a nice conversation in Spanish. Interestingly she said my lawyer was not registered in my case! Wtaf? (Here I am thinking my green card would be arriving at their office).
A few minutes later I was called by another officer, she told me what I already knew: Refused  221g-  Awaiting for medical exam- admin proccesing. My medical was Dec 30, so hopefully will be updated soon. I wasn’t even shocked or anything, I was expecting it. I do have to say It was funny when I turned around and some of the  people sitting there looked horrified lol, she did say refused on the mic.

Meh

So how long is the 221g- pending’s taking?
I  do have to say there must be a security issue with backpacks, my purse was bigger  than the woman in front me and she had to go put her tiny “ backpack”  in the car. I panicked, but  I was called right away and  they didn’t tell me anything.

Did you bring your phone? 
I’m planning on bringing just my phone and folder. 

also, my medical is on the 18th of January and interview is on 24th so I’m definitely getting a 221g as well..,, 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarpor4 said:

I like reading all the conversation. My interview is the 24th so very helpful. Flying to Montreal on the 17th, medical is in the 18th. They said the medical won’t be at the consulate until the 25th (a day after my interview). I hope this don’t delay me getting my visa too much. 

good luck everyone! 

Where did you had your medical? I'm hoping that result will be in in the system before your interview to avoid waiting for another day/s for your approval.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.