Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Of course worst case scenario after all this excitement is that it's possible that my husband (the Applicant) won't be able to schedule his medical in time because he's coming to the U.S. for the holidays to see myself and our kids. What happens if your medical isn't completed before the interview? Do they just put you into AP or are you even allowed to go to the interview without completing it?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, OfaC said:

Hey guys quick question… if I pay the gc fees now and cross the border later is there any problem? Thanks for any advise. 

Please fill out your timeline.  Instructions are in my signature.  Also, refer to the FAQ's.  You typically pay the GC fee before you cross the border.  

7 hours ago, __monicabb said:

Thank you so much for your response, I so appreciate it!

So, the problem is that when I got my new one, the government of Ontario took my old one? Like they didn't give it back to me, so I literally just have my old one.

When you fill out your passport application, there is a box to tick to have them return your passport to you.  In future, make sure you tick the box.  This new passport of yours will have your temporary I-551 and you never know in this whole immi process if/when you might need it as a reference!  

1 hour ago, sdave said:

Is there a website or phone number where we can check on the status of when the greencard is going to be mailed after we cross the border on a CR1 visa?

Other than myUSCIS, no.  It will show when your card is being printed and then sent.  I highly recommend signing up for informed delivery from USPS.  You'll be able to track from there once it's sent.  

6 minutes ago, canuckchic said:

Of course worst case scenario after all this excitement is that it's possible that my husband (the Applicant) won't be able to schedule his medical in time because he's coming to the U.S. for the holidays to see myself and our kids. What happens if your medical isn't completed before the interview? Do they just put you into AP or are you even allowed to go to the interview without completing it?

He will still interview.  He'll just be put into AP.  If you can swing it to have him back to at least have the appointment so they are only waiting on the results, I'd work for that.  

Congrats to everyone who got their interview letters!  Make sure you take a look through the FAQ's and answer some questions as you prepare to head to Montreal!  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

A long emotional wait is finally coming to an end. Just received the IL and wanted to update the thread for anyone anticipating their letters soon as well. The spreadsheet really helped me tremendously through this journey.

DQ'd Aug 11, 2021

Interview on Jan 21, 2022

Timeline

Congratulations to everyone who received ILs today!

Great to see Montreal clearing the backlog. I was hoping they would reach October, but September is not bad...

Very happy and relieved for @canuckchic and @ifh.... I hope you are swiftly approved so you can reunite with your family.

9 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Congratulations to everyone who received ILs today!

Great to see Montreal clearing the backlog. I was hoping they would reach October, but September is not bad...

Very happy and relieved for @canuckchic and @ifh.... I hope you are swiftly approved so you can reunite with your family.

Thank you very much.
Congratulations on being approved!

Happy   that everything went smoothly on your end :)  I wish you the best for the next steps!

Timeline

@ME_RHEDZ77 I missed seeing your interview date posted... did you get one?

Also, @Ilovecancun29 @vanrntocalirn what do you have to share? Anyone else with a DQ later than 14 Sept get an IL yesterday? @DMV, are you un-skipped now?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline

Hi everyone.

My wife is having her interview today in Montreal.  If you have an interview here, be prepared to wait at least an hour outside in the cold.  There were quite a few people unprepared for the weather.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Heychris said:

Hi everyone.

My wife is having her interview today in Montreal.  If you have an interview here, be prepared to wait at least an hour outside in the cold.  There were quite a few people unprepared for the weather.

Very true. 

The later in the morning you are scheduled, the longer you have to wait. I was scheduled at 9:30, and was only called in at 11:15. Since I arrived at 9:15, that meant a 2 hour wait in the snow.

There is no shelter btw, so I don’t know what happens should it rain…

I was bundled up luckily, so I was fine. Felt very bad for some elderly folks there who had to wait outside, some coming from warmer places, so not dressed for the weather.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Heychris said:

Also no backpacks or electronics allowed.  I saw a few turned around because they had backpacks.

As written in the FAQ's ;)  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

@ME_RHEDZ77 I missed seeing your interview date posted... did you get one?

Also, @Ilovecancun29 @vanrntocalirn what do you have to share? Anyone else with a DQ later than 14 Sept get an IL yesterday? @DMV, are you un-skipped now?

Sorry for late update. But yes Interview Letter for my wife received and read yesterday at 3:45am PST. 

DQ'd: July 23 '21

Interview date: Jan 12 '22 7:45am

We plan of rescheduling her interview for her personal reason. We thought and projected before her Interview date will be sometime May or June and so we thought of taking that chance, since she lives in BC, to have a tour to Toronto and neighbor province while we'll be there in East Coast. Hoping we get the month we prefer for her interview and won't take longer in getting reschedule. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.