Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Temp_Xyz said:

When registering our interview, do we select 'K visa' (2nd) or 'immigrant visa' (3rd) option? I think 'immigrant visa' because IL says 'Immigrant Visa Interview Details'

image.png.63583e61addee858a16926a50e566d71.png

Please refer to FAQ, you need to select the first option on the list in the image you showed.

Timeline
42 minutes ago, dmitch said:

We FINALLY got our Interview Letter this morning!

DQ: March 11, 2021

Interview: January 7, 2022

Congratulations! such a big relief. Hoping all other VJers who have been missed for having their IL for the past will have their IL by now.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Temp_Xyz said:

Referring to the FAQ now. Thank you!

Is it letting you register already? Mine is saying it is not ready yet.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sarpor4 said:

Is it letting you register already? Mine is saying it is not ready yet.

To all folks who received their IL and about to register:

As mentioned on the FAQ and as many times it was responded by others here.

In FAQ states,

I got my interview letter but the website says “not ready for an appointment”, help!

It can take 24-72 hours for the appointment registration to work properly.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Timeline

Okay question..

I had a legal name change (last name and middle name only) at the beginning of the year and changed all documents but not my passport. I submitted I-130 with new name, as well as NVC, however it's still saying my old name. I know this is because when I was DQ'd it was with my old passport. In October I got my new passport with my name change and submitted it through NVC. Now that I received my interview, it still says my old name and the new passport just says "submitted" on CEAC. I'm just wondering how this will affect anything because I don't have my old passport anymore.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, __monicabb said:

Okay question..

I had a legal name change (last name and middle name only) at the beginning of the year and changed all documents but not my passport. I submitted I-130 with new name, as well as NVC, however it's still saying my old name. I know this is because when I was DQ'd it was with my old passport. In October I got my new passport with my name change and submitted it through NVC. Now that I received my interview, it still says my old name and the new passport just says "submitted" on CEAC. I'm just wondering how this will affect anything because I don't have my old passport anymore.

You are fine. I and many others have been in similar situations.

NVC goes by the name on your valid passport at the time of your DS-260 submission. So your interview letter is by that name.

1. When you register your interview online, use the info on your new valid passport.

2. When you go for medicals take both passports and inform the doctor’s office of the change. The doctor’s office knows what to do. In my case they sent my medicals in the name as per my old passport.

3. When you go for interview, take your old and new passport with you and tell them of the change. Your visa will be issued in your new passport.

4. Make sure you carry Canadian police clearance in both your old and new name. Countries you have lived in the past, so long as you haven’t been there since you changed your name, those police clearances can be in the old name only.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
12 minutes ago, __monicabb said:

Okay question..

I know our friend @From_CAN_2_US had somehow similar who got her new passport under her new married name. For registering for your interview, you should use your old passport. But once you are on your interview date, you should bring your old passport and bring the new passport and mention to CO that you have new passport. 

PLEASE DISREGARD THIS RESPONSE SINCE OUR FRIEND @From_CAN_2_US RESPONDED IN DETAILS. SORRY FOR THE CONFUSSION IT MAY CAUSE

Edited by ME_RHEDZ77

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Timeline
10 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

You are fine. I and many others have been in similar situations.

NVC goes by the name on your valid passport at the time of your DS-260 submission. So your interview letter is by that name.

1. When you register your interview online, use the info on your new valid passport.

2. When you go for medicals take both passports and inform the doctor’s office of the change. The doctor’s office knows what to do. In my case they sent my medicals in the name as per my old passport.

3. When you go for interview, take your old and new passport with you and tell them of the change. Your visa will be issued in your new passport.

4. Make sure you carry Canadian police clearance in both your old and new name. Countries you have lived in the past, so long as you haven’t been there since you changed your name, those police clearances can be in the old name only.

Thank you so much for your response, I so appreciate it!

So, the problem is that when I got my new one, the government of Ontario took my old one? Like they didn't give it back to me, so I literally just have my old one.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, __monicabb said:

Thank you so much for your response, I so appreciate it!

So, the problem is that when I got my new one, the government of Ontario took my old one? Like they didn't give it back to me, so I literally just have my old one.

Really? Oh I am an Indian citizen and they give you back your old passports...

You must have a copy of the biographical page of the old one? Maybe that is sufficient?

BTW, isn't it the federal govt in charge of passports? How did the govt of Ontario take your old passport?

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
7 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Really? Oh I am an Indian citizen and they give you back your old passports...

You must have a biographical page of the old one? Maybe that is sufficient?

BTW, isn't it the federal govt in charge of passports? How did the govt of Ontario take your old passport?

I do have a photocopy of the old passport that I uploaded. I guess I will just use that one. But confirming I register for my appointment in my new name correct?

And yes you are right, I misspoke and haven't had caffeine yet 😄 I went to Service Canada in person and they just took it back, which is unfortunate.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, __monicabb said:

I do have a photocopy of the old passport that I uploaded. I guess I will just use that one. But confirming I register for my appointment in my new name correct?

And yes you are right, I misspoke and haven't had caffeine yet 😄 I went to Service Canada in person and they just took it back, which is unfortunate.

Yes, use new name and new passport info for registering appointment. 

I am sure, if it is the standard for Canada to take the old passports back Montreal consulate would be aware of it and you will be fine with a photocopy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.