Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, CB14 said:

Hi All, 

Been watching this thread since finding out about it a few months ago. Great to see all the help being provided and that the timelines have been ramping up. I was DQ'd on Aug 27th, 2021 so seems like the interview could be coming up, I was expecting it to be MONTHS longer so it is exciting news. Now need to ramp up my timeline on getting things prepared to relocate to the US. Is there another part on this forum with good advice on selling vs. renting home, as well as finances like RRSP or TFSA? Probably best to just talk to a financial advisor but I've found the advice and responses on here to be better than the legal experts i've dealt with on the visa process.

I will add my dates to my timeline so it can be included in the spreadsheet to help the community out. 

Welcome to the thread! Yeah, it’s more or less certain you will get an interview in  January.

Can’t speak about the finances, as I am completely illiterate in that respect, but about moving your furniture and things, it really depends on how much you value your stuff. I have only lived in Canada for 3.5 years and all my stuff is relatively NRE and bought with an intention to not take with me (Structube/ Ikea furniture/ way fair). I don’t see the value in moving it.

I intend to sell as much as I can on Kijiji and donate the rest. 

If you do intend to move your furniture, the most cost effective way I found was UPack. Check out their website.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
42 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

@HaileyJade and @juliemct

What time were your appointments today? I wonder if I talked to you. I was the short woman wearing a white parka outside, and a black dress when inside.

@HaileyJade Hey I dont remember but I was the tall red headed girl if I chatted with any of you, haha. Hope it went well! Doing an interview peeps dinner somewhere near the embassy tonight if anyone wants to join us send me an @ :) 6pm ish.

Timeline
1 hour ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Welcome to the thread! Yeah, it’s more or less certain you will get an interview in  January.

Can’t speak about the finances, as I am completely illiterate in that respect, but about moving your furniture and things, it really depends on how much you value your stuff. I have only lived in Canada for 3.5 years and all my stuff is relatively NRE

Relatively new*

Timeline
9 hours ago, juliemct said:

@HaileyJade Hey I dont remember but I was the tall red headed girl if I chatted with any of you, haha. Hope it went well! Doing an interview peeps dinner somewhere near the embassy tonight if anyone wants to join us send me an @ :) 6pm ish.

Just saw this. I do remember you. You were sitting in the row in front of me in the waiting room. We did chat a bit.

I took a train back to Toronto at 5pm today, but glad some of you went out for dinner together. Definitely built some camaraderie there waiting for hours out in the snow. I assume you were approved?

Edit: To Moderator - sorry, I posted this on the wrong thread. Meant for it to be on the main Montreal thread…

Congrats @From_CAN_2_US! I know you were quite stressed regarding your passport!

We also got a IL. DQ'd  -- Jul 27; Interview Date -- Jan 12.

Congratulations to all those who has and who will receive their ILs!

===

Our I-130 and NVC submission was completely electronic. Is there a good checklist of things prior approved candidates have taken?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, __monicabb said:

Got my interview letter this morning!!

DQ September 14, 2021

Interview January 24, 2022

my interview is Jan 24th as well!!!!

Timeline

Hey everyone, 

My interview is scheduled for Jan 24th. I live in a province without a medical dr. I had to schedule one in Montreal a week before my interview. I cant stay in MTL for more than a week. 

What happens if the medical results are not there in time for my interview?

TIA.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Sarpor4 said:

Hey everyone, 

My interview is scheduled for Jan 24th. I live in a province without a medical dr. I had to schedule one in Montreal a week before my interview. I cant stay in MTL for more than a week. 

What happens if the medical results are not there in time for my interview?

TIA.

It’s not a problem. You can still interview.  Your visa will just be issued  once the consulate receives your medicals results.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.