Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, CAN_PA said:

My medical was delayed as well due to Covid vaccine timeline. The Officer said it would take 2-3weeks to finalize my visa. He also mentioned that many people are likely to be delayed due to the new Vaccine regulations. However, he kept my passport which is encouraging.

My interview was Nov 10. It was last updated Nov 16 (Medical was sent to Embassy). I haven't had any new updates since.

I have been waiting since 11/02/21. I am hoping we both get some good news soon! Trying to remain positive!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, MR.M& MRS.S said:

Hi guys, anyone know can I cross border with my car and do import formalities later or do I have to import my car when I cross the border. Please let me know if anyone familiar with this procedure. Thanks 

If you're activating your visa, there's a good chance they'll make you import it.  Someone back this past summer was activating her visa but didn't want to import the car - just use it to bring personal belongings and they turned her around at the border.  

Do you own your vehicle outright or is it financed? 

Does the vehicle meet EPA and DOT regulations including an approved TPMS system?  

These are the biggest hold ups with importing. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline

Hi everyone, I apologize in advance if this has been answered but I’m about to pay the immigrant visa fee and I’m having trouble locating the “A” number as I don’t see one the visa stamp... can anyone who has even brought this help? I’d really appreciate it.

Note: i put the registration number as the “A” number and the system added a 0 in front of it and when I put in the IV case ID it won’t allow me to put the last #. For example on my visa the IV case number ends with 01 and it only allows me to put the 0. Has anyone experienced this problem. 

Edited by YYZ&MIA

Timeline
57 minutes ago, YYZ&MIA said:

Hi everyone, I apologize in advance if this has been answered but I’m about to pay the immigrant visa fee and I’m having trouble locating the “A” number as I don’t see one the visa stamp... can anyone who has even brought this help? I’d really appreciate it.

Note: i put the registration number as the “A” number and the system added a 0 in front of it and when I put in the IV case ID it won’t allow me to put the last #. For example on my visa the IV case number ends with 01 and it only allows me to put the 0. Has anyone experienced this problem. 

As far as I know the A number is the alien registration number. I got this on my interview letter.

(Sorry, if that doesn’t answer your question. It’s possible I didn’t understand it not having reached this stage yet.)

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

7 hours ago, mam521 said:

If you're activating your visa, there's a good chance they'll make you import it.  Someone back this past summer was activating her visa but didn't want to import the car - just use it to bring personal belongings and they turned her around at the border.  

Do you own your vehicle outright or is it financed? 

Does the vehicle meet EPA and DOT regulations including an approved TPMS system?  

These are the biggest hold ups with importing. 

Oh, i have a leased car which I have no plans of importing but just drive into the US and stay for the holidays and come back. Guess it will be a problem as well?

Timeline
On 11/26/2021 at 10:47 AM, mel4 said:

Hi all,

My husband arrived in the US on 11/21, he activated his visa at the Sweetwater/Coutts land crossing. We know his green card will be arriving in the mail at some point, but we are unsure about his SSN. Is this something that is also going to be coming separately in the mail, or does he need to bring his stamped visa to a local SSN office and apply in person? 

I have no idea... I crossed on Oct 31/21 and am still waiting....

1 hour ago, Emilyy said:

I have no idea... I crossed on Oct 31/21 and am still waiting....

So we logged into CEAC and confirmed on our DS-260 that we checked off the box to have the SSN automatically issued. We then called a local office, which took a few tries at different times of the day, and got ahold of a real person who was able to search the database and tell us that the number was generated on 11/23. They were able to confirm this with name and birthday, didn’t ask for the A number. So now we are just waiting for it to come in the mail. You should look up and call a local office to check as well. We initially called the National line which was useless.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, mel4 said:

So we logged into CEAC and confirmed on our DS-260 that we checked off the box to have the SSN automatically issued. We then called a local office, which took a few tries at different times of the day, and got ahold of a real person who was able to search the database and tell us that the number was generated on 11/23. They were able to confirm this with name and birthday, didn’t ask for the A number. So now we are just waiting for it to come in the mail. You should look up and call a local office to check as well. We initially called the National line which was useless.

how did you check the DS260? I don't see a spot to check it at all.

Timeline
7 hours ago, YYZ&MIA said:

Hi. I’m not sure if you figured this out. I was just having the same problem. For the IV case number I just put the number without the 01 at the end which has been my case number all along. It worked perfectly. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Ashtim said:

It’s an emergency can anyone travel to their home country after the dq ??? Once they come back have to get PCR done from home country  again ? Before interview ? (The applicant is in Canada rite now as a pr) 

Could you please clarify your question?Getting PCR test in their home country once they come back to Canada? 

Also please advise when is the applicant’s interview and when are they anticipating to return from their overseas trip?

From what we have seen in the past, the consulate defers to the federal and provincial regulations when it comes to testing requirements. If Canada and Quebec doesn’t need a test, they don’t need a test. So you will need to follow the Govt regulations at the time (they keep changing).

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

4 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Could you please clarify your question?Getting PCR test in their home country once they come back to Canada? 

Also please advise when is the applicant’s interview and when are they anticipating to return from their overseas trip?

From what we have seen in the past, the consulate defers to the federal and provincial regulations when it comes to testing requirements. If Canada and Quebec doesn’t need a test, they don’t need a test. So you will need to follow the Govt regulations at the time (they keep changing).

Sorry it’s for my cousin sister she got dq Ed last month but it’s emergency at home she needs to travel back home . We need to know if she can after dq and when the interview comes she has to get new pcc from india . She’s ccurrently in Canada n her spouse in usa 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ashtim said:

Sorry it’s for my cousin sister she got dq Ed last month but it’s emergency at home she needs to travel back home . We need to know if she can after dq and when the interview comes she has to get new pcc from india . She’s ccurrently in Canada n her spouse in usa 

You are free to travel after you DQ. You only need to be aware of the logistical issues of making it back to the interview in time should you be scheduled. If your cousin has only just DQ’d (November 2021) it will likely be a number of months before she will get an interview letter, as they have only reached Early July in the last issuance. You didn’t mention for how long she intends to be away. I don’t see much of a problem with a short trip (2 weeks or so). But keep in mind with COVID no one can predict issues that may hinder her return (flight bans etc).

Regarding police clearance for India, no, she doesn’t need to obtain a new police clearance as long as it is not dated more than 2 years prior to the interview.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.