Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Temp_Xyz said:

Quick question(s) regarding border crossing... Do you know how a record of crossing the border is kept? Do they stamp the passport or keep an internal record on the system? -- I imagine they don't stamp the passport for Citizens, and same for Greencard holders? And would it reflect on the I-94? If so, after how long?

Citizens and LPR's don't have an I-94 record because the I-94 is for tracking foreigners because they typically require a visa (yes, Canadians are an exception but there is still a limit on the amount of time a Canuck can remain in the US).  Your border crossings are tracked, but in a less formal way because you "belong" in the US, for lack of a better term and don't require a visa to enter/exit.   

I'd strongly advise that if citizenship is in the future cards, you keep a running spreadsheet of travel.  The information can be accessed through a FOIA request, but might take time and may or may not encompass entrance to the US where CBP has just waved you through.  These trips, irrespective of whether they were formally recorded or not, need to be declared when filing the N-400. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/26/2021 at 3:46 PM, From_CAN_2_US said:

Thank you very much, and that makes sense. I decided that if I don’t get a response from Montreal by Dec 6, I will register using my old passport info. Two other users here @Canada5 and @katelynns told me they used their old passport and were fine. So that’s lived experience and pretty reliable…

Update on this - I received a response to my email from Montreal and this is what they advised regarding what name and passport number to use when registering the appointment.

"Please note that the information in your case should reflect the information in the valid passport."

Interesting to note that @katelynns used her maiden name and old passport info and it still was fine. Perhaps it doesn't matter much.

Leave it to me to overthink things...😅

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline

When we submitted the i864 EZ in April, my husband printed out the form, filled in black ink and signed. We scanned that document and uploaded to CEAC. He passed over that original document to me on one of his visits to Canada. 

Now we are updating the i864EZ because he has changed jobs and his income has changed. He is again printing out the document, filling in black ink and signing. He will be scanning the document and sending to me by email. My question is, can I just print out this scanned i864 and take to the interview or do I need the original form signed in wet ink? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

When we submitted the i864 EZ in April, my husband printed out the form, filled in black ink and signed. We scanned that document and uploaded to CEAC. He passed over that original document to me on one of his visits to Canada. 

Now we are updating the i864EZ because he has changed jobs and his income has changed. He is again printing out the document, filling in black ink and signing. He will be scanning the document and sending to me by email. My question is, can I just print out this scanned i864 and take to the interview or do I need the original form signed in wet ink? 

Because we submitted online via a lawyer, the only final copy I really had was a scanned copy (not with wet ink). 

In my case though, they didn’t even ask for the I-864 (though, I’ve definitely heard from others that they have asked for it). But, had they done so, mine was going to be what was uploaded (which technically wouldn’t have been “wet ink”).

Don’t forget to bring the new offer letter + pay stubs for the new job!!! 

18 hours ago, SoLongWaiting said:

Interviewed yesterday, but was not given a decision. Was told there were some additional checks to be done, but there were some system issues preventing them from being completed, so they couldn’t advise on my status. 
I have no idea what this means and it’s quite frustrating since the officer basically mentioned it shouldn’t be too long (1-2 days), but they also mentioned that if they needed more info they would contact me. 

Anyone else happen to experience this and have any information to share? Thank you. 

My husband received the same response, but the officer told him that she intended on approving his visa. His status was "refused" from November 16-November 30. Today his case was updated to "Issued"

4 hours ago, Estefa said:

My husband received the same response, but the officer told him that she intended on approving his visa. His status was "refused" from November 16-November 30. Today his case was updated to "Issued"

That’s good to hear. Can you advise where you were checking status? The site I was given (https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv) still says “Appointment” for me which is not what I would expect. 

The officer I interviewed with did say she saw no reasons to not issue the Visa so I hope that is truly the case for us as well. 

58 minutes ago, SoLongWaiting said:

That’s good to hear. Can you advise where you were checking status? The site I was given (https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv) still says “Appointment” for me which is not what I would expect. 

The officer I interviewed with did say she saw no reasons to not issue the Visa so I hope that is truly the case for us as well. 

https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC

this is the link! The one you have is for doc delivery 

Timeline
15 hours ago, MR.M& MRS.S said:

Hi guys, anyone know can I cross border with my car and do import formalities later or do I have to import my car when I cross the border. Please let me know if anyone familiar with this procedure. Thanks 

I'm pretty sure you can do the import formalities later too. I'm personally preparing myself beforehand to import it at the border. Recently got a letter from Ford dealership confirming the car meets all US safety standards and then there are two additional forms that I have to fill. 

Timeline
On 11/24/2021 at 10:16 AM, katcat29 said:

Hello - there is still no change in my status. The only thing that has changed is the "last updated" date. It went from Oct 29 to Nov 17 to now Nov 23 (yesterday). 

Good morning, is there any change in your status? I am have been waiting since 11/02/21 and my status still shows refused! So frustrating!

Timeline

My medical was delayed as well due to Covid vaccine timeline. The Officer said it would take 2-3weeks to finalize my visa. He also mentioned that many people are likely to be delayed due to the new Vaccine regulations. However, he kept my passport which is encouraging.

My interview was Nov 10. It was last updated Nov 16 (Medical was sent to Embassy). I haven't had any new updates since.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, katcat29 said:

Hello - just another date change to today, but status still reads Ready... hoping some good news comes!

I hope you do too!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.