Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/25/2021 at 2:42 PM, Danii said:

One person in the DS5535 thread mentioned that they were also resent the interview letter once their case was approved/passport was shipped. It could be a glitch associated with getting the passport ready for shipment or some other issue on Montreals end. I don't think it will slow things down 🤔 Edit: I'm now realizing that I also got the same email from the same email address on Nov23, but my case is still refused/AP because of DS5535. I thought that was because I decided to randomly buy premium delivery 😂 I got that email 5 min after my payment was confirmed. 

I got an email with the tracking number 2 days after they resent the IL! Thankfully, it appears to be some sort of a glitch 🙂

Timeline
On 11/25/2021 at 12:10 PM, Hawk Riders said:

...when was your passport returned?

Had interview Nov 8 - Monday 

Got tracking by Nov 12 Friday and received it on Nov 16 _

Timeline
On 11/23/2021 at 7:37 PM, From_CAN_2_US said:

From all I have read, no reason to be concerned. This represents a waiver granted to you for not having received all the necessary vaccines. The waiver is granted because the doctor determines it is not required for you.

You mentioned you didn't get Varicella. My understanding is the requirement for varicella was waived because you had chicken pox as a child and hence the vaccine was determined by your doctor to not be required for you.

@harshshah

Note - The FAQ also says this would not cause any issue at POE.

thanks. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/23/2021 at 12:49 PM, Fobosdaemios said:

Would you suggest me to wait until 120days or I should start using myUSCIS to email?

Did you go to Resources > Send us a message > New Message  to send them an email? If you did, which subject did you select? 

Is it normal that I can't add my USCIS immigrant fee receipt number into my USCIS account? 

After 90 days, send an e-mail through myUSCIS in the manner you've noted. Use OS155A as the subject.  I noted the date we came through and which POE. 

When I look at the history, I can see that they received payment for my GC fee on Mar. 13 (when I got my passport back from the Consulate) and I know we entered on April 1.  So, if it says your fee has been paid in that history, you shouldn't have any issues.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
On 11/26/2021 at 11:47 AM, mel4 said:

Hi all,

My husband arrived in the US on 11/21, he activated his visa at the Sweetwater/Coutts land crossing. We know his green card will be arriving in the mail at some point, but we are unsure about his SSN. Is this something that is also going to be coming separately in the mail, or does he need to bring his stamped visa to a local SSN office and apply in person? 

Did you check the box when you filled out the DS-260 for them to issue a SSN?  If yes, then you'll have to wait a couple of weeks and it should come from the SSA.  If no, or, if it's been more than a couple of weeks, then you will have to call your local SSA office and book an appointment.  Good luck, because many SSA offices are still not open and seem to be last to the game on finding appropriate ways of managing operations while dealing with covid. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline

FYI for those who interviewed before thanksgiving:

Interview - 11/18

CEAC status issued - 11/19

Tracking info received - 11/26 (with info stating that delivery is delayed due to natural disaster)

Passport received - 11/29

Interviewed yesterday, but was not given a decision. Was told there were some additional checks to be done, but there were some system issues preventing them from being completed, so they couldn’t advise on my status. 
I have no idea what this means and it’s quite frustrating since the officer basically mentioned it shouldn’t be too long (1-2 days), but they also mentioned that if they needed more info they would contact me. 

Anyone else happen to experience this and have any information to share? Thank you. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, SoLongWaiting said:

Interviewed yesterday, but was not given a decision. Was told there were some additional checks to be done, but there were some system issues preventing them from being completed, so they couldn’t advise on my status. 
I have no idea what this means and it’s quite frustrating since the officer basically mentioned it shouldn’t be too long (1-2 days), but they also mentioned that if they needed more info they would contact me. 

Anyone else happen to experience this and have any information to share? Thank you. 

Sorry, this happened… I can only imagine how frustrating it can be.

I am not sure what it means, but it is possible it is a security check, that had lead to you being in administrative processing. Did they give you a 221g and did they say anything about being sent supplementary questions? Also were you ever turned around at the border when you tried to enter the US?

The timeline of 1-2 days sounds positive. Hope you get approved soon.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

19 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Sorry, this happened… I can only imagine how frustrating it can be.

I am not sure what it means, but it is possible it is a security check, that had lead to you being in administrative processing. Did they give you a 221g and did they say anything about being sent supplementary questions? Also were you ever turned around at the border when you tried to enter the US?

The timeline of 1-2 days sounds positive. Hope you get approved soon.

They did not give me a 221g, all they said that if they needed more info that they would contact me. So it was a very open ended response. And no, I’ve never been turned back at the border before. 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Sunshine022 said:

Hi everyone! I haven’t received my green card yet but we are planning to go back to Canada for the weekend via land border crossing. Will this cause any problem with the US border? Thank you. 

Nope.  Your I-551 in your passport serves as your temporary green card and is valid for a year.  As long as you're less than a year, you're good to go!  Enjoy your trip and safe travels!

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Timeline
14 minutes ago, SoLongWaiting said:

They did not give me a 221g, all they said that if they needed more info that they would contact me. So it was a very open ended response. And no, I’ve never been turned back at the border before. 

Well all that sounds positive. Probably just a security check and hopefully it will be as fast as they said it would be. 

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

5 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Well all that sounds positive. Probably just a security check and hopefully it will be as fast as they said it would be. 

Thanks for the reassurance. I guess it’s common to do those security checks at the time of the interview? I would have thought those are handled before, but what do I know! 

Also, is it right to believe that if they were going to deny our application they would have just likely done it then?

Thanks for all the help. Just so stressful waiting since it’s been so long throughout this process. 

1 hour ago, mam521 said:

Nope.  Your I-551 in your passport serves as your temporary green card and is valid for a year.  As long as you're less than a year, you're good to go!  Enjoy your trip and safe travels!

Quick question(s) regarding border crossing... Do you know how a record of crossing the border is kept? Do they stamp the passport or keep an internal record on the system? -- I imagine they don't stamp the passport for Citizens, and same for Greencard holders? And would it reflect on the I-94? If so, after how long?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.