Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I still haven't registered my appointment, because Montreal has not replied to the email I sent regarding this question. 

1. I called NVC, and they didn't answer me. Told me to contact the consulate.

2. I emailed Montreal Consulate thrice from the email ID I used for my DS-260. No reply or even acknowledgement email. I emailed again just now with a new email ID and received acknowledgment email.

3. I called the number on the website where you register and they gave me conflicting information. One agent told me I have to edit my DS-260 on the ceac website. I told her I thought that wasn't possible, and she advised to contact the consulate. Another agent told me I need to use my new passport information, but she can't confirm with authority. Again they advised to contact the consulate.

I really don't know what to do. 

Also worried if me delaying registering is causing any harm.... Does it not matter so long as you do it before the interview or does it cause delays is receiving the passport? Also can I register after the interview. That way I can ask them what info to put in during the interview.

Anyone here who was in the same situation as me. What did you do?

@DGF @mam521 @Hawk Riders Would appreciate your thoughts...

There's also a Facebook group for the Spousal visa process in Canada. I searched the topic for you and someone also emailed the consulate and they said in their email back to the person to register the appointment with your new passport. Hope that helps and lines up with others thoughts.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
38 minutes ago, katcat29 said:

Hello - there is still no change in my status. The only thing that has changed is the "last updated" date. It went from Oct 29 to Nov 17 to now Nov 23 (yesterday). 

Sorry to hear that. I just don’t know what is causing the delay. So frustrating! I have emailed the consulate a couple of times and only received a very generic reply back on my last email sent. Hope you get some good news soon!

Timeline
28 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I still haven't registered my appointment, because Montreal has not replied to the email I sent regarding this question. 

2. I emailed Montreal Consulate thrice from the email ID I used for my DS-260. No reply or even acknowledgement email. I emailed again just now with a new email ID and received acknowledgment email.

3. I called the number on the website where you register and they gave me conflicting information. One agent told me I have to edit my DS-260 on the ceac website. I told her I thought that wasn't possible, and she advised to contact the consulate. Another agent told me I need to use my new passport information, but she can't confirm with authority. Again they advised to contact the consulate.

Also worried if me delaying registering is causing any harm.... Does it not matter so long as you do it before the interview or does it cause delays is receiving the passport? Also can I register after the interview. That way I can ask them what info to put in during the interview.

Hey!

I understand if you prefer waiting for Montreal to give you an answer. However, I can confirm that I renewed my passport in between being DQ'ed & my interview letter (because it was likely going to be expired 6 months from what I'd estimated my interview date to be, not bc of a name change), and was advised by my lawyer to put my OLD passport information, and I had no issues! (Also, just a note, I kept my old one just in case of anything + brought it to the interview)

I believe @katelynns is also someone who had updated her passport in between as well -- perhaps hers was due to a name change & maybe she can give you a more certain answer for your scenario!

I believe you do have to register for the interview prior to your actual interview as that's where you choose your courier/pick-up information, etc. (but, I could be wrong about this, and perhaps you could do it after).

Timeline

On Nov 23 my status changed to “Issued: final processing”. Yesterday I got an email from the “donotreply-usvisa...” email address where they basically resent my interview letter lol. I was literally freaking out and everyone keeps saying it’s some glitch. Has this happened to anyone on here? Imagine expecting the tracking number and getting that instead. I swear I’m gonna get a heart attack by the time this is all over lol 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, YYZ&MIA said:

On Nov 23 my status changed to “Issued: final processing”. Yesterday I got an email from the “donotreply-usvisa...” email address where they basically resent my interview letter lol. I was literally freaking out and everyone keeps saying it’s some glitch. Has this happened to anyone on here? Imagine expecting the tracking number and getting that instead. I swear I’m gonna get a heart attack by the time this is all over lol 

Wow! Sorry, I don’t have any input… but just remaking about how much NVC and Montréal seem to be glitching lately…sigh!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/23/2021 at 3:46 PM, harshshah said:

I have a similar thing. I know somebody else and he had the same thing in the passport. Does anyone know what that is?

...when was your passport returned?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/23/2021 at 8:45 AM, Fobosdaemios said:

I have checked with the IOE and all it said is this: On August 10, 2021, we received your USCIS Immigrant fee payment for your Permanent Resident Card related to your immigrant visa. We will be processing the request for production of your Permanent Resident Card. You should receive your Permanent Resident Card within 90 days of your entry into the United States or within 90 days after your USCIS Immigrant Fee payment is received. If you do not receive your Permanent Resident Card, contact the USCIS Contact Center at www.uscis.gov/contactcenter.

Maybe I should give them a call?

I'm in the same boat. I entered Aug 9th and my status is the same. I submitted an case status inquiry, but haven't heard back yet.

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

3 hours ago, YYZ&MIA said:

One person in the DS5535 thread mentioned that they were also resent the interview letter once their case was approved/passport was shipped. It could be a glitch associated with getting the passport ready for shipment or some other issue on Montreals end. I don't think it will slow things down 🤔 Edit: I'm now realizing that I also got the same email from the same email address on Nov23, but my case is still refused/AP because of DS5535. I thought that was because I decided to randomly buy premium delivery 😂 I got that email 5 min after my payment was confirmed. 

Edited by Danii

6 minutes ago, Danii said:

One person in the DS5535 thread mentioned that they were also resent the interview letter once their case was approved/passport was shipped. It could be a glitch associated with getting the passport ready for shipment or some other issue on Montreals end. I don't think it will slow things down 🤔 Edit: I'm now realizing that I also got the same email from the same email address on Nov23, but my case is still refused/AP because of DS5535. I thought that was because I decided to randomly buy premium delivery 😂 I got that email 5 min after my payment was confirmed. 

Yeah thats most likely why. I got the email again too a few weeks ago when I was seeing if I could change my delivery address for the passport, just to see if something would happen on CEAC lol 

Hi all,

My husband arrived in the US on 11/21, he activated his visa at the Sweetwater/Coutts land crossing. We know his green card will be arriving in the mail at some point, but we are unsure about his SSN. Is this something that is also going to be coming separately in the mail, or does he need to bring his stamped visa to a local SSN office and apply in person? 

Timeline
On 11/24/2021 at 7:26 AM, From_CAN_2_US said:

I don't know for sure, but my gut is saying to use your old information and give them the updated information at the interview. It's less likely to be messed up if it's a human reconciling two names/passport numbers as the same case than a machine trying to do it. 

As for registering, it does need to be done before the interview, but it can be done at any point before without causing harm so you could theoretically wait until a day or two before to do it if you want to wait to see if Montreal will respond. 

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
17 minutes ago, DGF said:

I don't know for sure, but my gut is saying to use your old information and give them the updated information at the interview. It's less likely to be messed up if it's a human reconciling two names/passport numbers as the same case than a machine trying to do it. 

As for registering, it does need to be done before the interview, but it can be done at any point before without causing harm so you could theoretically wait until a day or two before to do it if you want to wait to see if Montreal will respond. 

Thank you very much, and that makes sense. I decided that if I don’t get a response from Montreal by Dec 6, I will register using my old passport info. Two other users here @Canada5 and @katelynns told me they used their old passport and were fine. So that’s lived experience and pretty reliable…

Timeline
On 11/24/2021 at 4:30 PM, AMooseInTheHoose said:

Got my passport back today, going home on Saturday!! Thanks to everyone in this group, you kept me sane through this journey!  

That's exciting and congratulations! May I ask how long did it take to receive your passport and the package after the interview?

Timeline
30 minutes ago, PA93 said:

That's exciting and congratulations! May I ask how long did it take to receive your passport and the package after the interview?

Thank you! Exactly two weeks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.