Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

On 11/18/2021 at 4:16 PM, canuckchic said:

Hi everyone – I’m sure most of you have seen my posts about being skipped over for the Nov and now Dec interviews as we were DQ’d Feb 19, 2021.

I have been in touch with our local Congress rep and they spoke to the NVC. They confirmed that yes, they scheduled by DQ'd dates. Admitting no error on their part because they have no way to compare cases to say that we are the same as people who have been scheduled for interviews who were DQ’d after us. Ridiculous of course. The Congress rep said the only option at this point is to "prove that the NVC has scheduled people for interviews after our DQ date". To do this we must find at least one person who is willing to submit to the NVC all of their case information along with interview info, etc along with our case info to "compare" to prove our issue.

My ask is of anyone who would be willing to help us with this. I believe what we could do to protect your privacy (from myself) would be for whoever would be willing; to send me your info in a private message – like your contact info and DQ date and interview date, along with your phone number and email for the NVC to contact you to verify your case info and details that I’m sure you’d like to keep private from myself. Then I could use all of that in my correspondence to them.

I see the following people who were DQ'd after us that have had or will have November interviews;

@Quangerfeb 21 interview nov 18

@Torrjr feb 22 interview nov 18

@Canada5 feb 25 interview nov 22

@NadiaL mar 5 interview nov 29

@SS_V mar 10 interview nov 29

@Colorado bound mar 15 interview nov 1

please reach out if you’d be willing to help us. We are desperate to have our family back together, my two babies miss their Daddy so much. Also if anyone that hasn’t had their interview yet and is scheduled for December would like to help, please do let me know.

Thank you very much!

Sorry for reaching out to you late. Please let me know if there’s anyway I could help. My DQ June 4th interview Dec 6th. 

Edited by Sharma Ali

1 hour ago, Sharma Ali said:

Sorry for reaching out to you late. Please let me know if there’s anyway I could help. My DQ June 4th interview Dec 6th. 

Thank you @Sharma Ali I appreciate it! No apologies needed, you all are going through your own difficult process! I will reach out if I find that I can use your help 🙏🏻

Timeline
15 hours ago, canuckchic said:

You must be over the moon to finally have your interview. May I ask, did you do anything after you saw you were getting passed over or just wait it out?

Yes we are!😁 now we're scrambling to get everything done in 2 weeks!😅 I dont know if it would be possible to get a medical ahead of time for those still waiting ??

But as for waiting for the interview we just waited it out. Because it seemed really hard to contact someone that could actually help and a friend got his interview 6 months after his DQ so i was expecting about that long but of course hoping it would go faster. Then in the middle of summer I checked the timeline charts on VJ here and from what I could figure my interview would be the end of November. I was very disappointed of course but figured thats just how it was going. So I didnt even realize I had been skipped till a couple weeks ago and then I saw others had been too so I waited alittle to see how it would go and then got my interview the day after November . So the charts were accurate for me , good job to who ever made them! But hopefully it goes alot faster for the rest of you!

And a big Thanks for answering my police report question and all the other questions I had ! Really appreciate the help on here!😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/19/2021 at 5:06 PM, Fobosdaemios said:

Hello everyone,

It has been abit over 90days and I haven't received my physical greencard yet. Where can I submit an  inquiry and ask about the green card?

Thanks!

Check your green card status here enter the IOE number you received in the payment confirmation USCIS immigrant fee email.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/19/2021 at 6:06 PM, Fobosdaemios said:

Hello everyone,

It has been abit over 90days and I haven't received my physical greencard yet. Where can I submit an  inquiry and ask about the green card?

Thanks!

Check as @CuCunhas instructed. If nothing, send an email inquiry through your myUSCIS account. It will probably take them a month to respond, but they will eventually. They usually start digging into your case and then your green card is magically mailed out. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

On 11/19/2021 at 8:47 AM, canuckchic said:

@dmitch so sad to hear of more and more people in the same boat - I am sorry for your family as well! 

May I ask the email for the US Embassy?

It seems even with my "proof" no one will even take the information from me on the phone, I also spoke with a supervisor. And even though the Congress rep said the NVC told him we could submit proof, this supervisor said there was nothing he could do and he didn't know who would tell us that and wouldn't even take the info I had to prove our situation. 

@canuckchic I also contacted my US senator to request assistance. Based on what I'm hearing from other members, it seems like the problem might be from the Montreal Embassy side. When my senator's office responds to me, I will suggest that they contact the embassy as well as NVC.

Edited by dmitch

Timeline

@Canada5, how'd it go?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
40 minutes ago, kirbhava said:

Hi there! My husband crossed a few days ago - so we just wait for his SSN to come in now? Or are we supposed to go to the nearest SS office and request one there? 

Thank you! 

Did you choose to get your SSN automatically when you filled out the DS-260? If so, it should arrive within a couple weeks.

34 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

Did you choose to get your SSN automatically when you filled out the DS-260? If so, it should arrive within a couple weeks.

Thank you for the answer! I'm not sure that I remember anything about the SSN on the DC-260 - just pulled up the form pdf that we had submitted and the only question I see is about receiving his green card and the mailing address for that. 

1 minute ago, kirbhava said:

Thank you for the answer! I'm not sure that I remember anything about the SSN on the DC-260 - just pulled up the form pdf that we had submitted and the only question I see is about receiving his green card and the mailing address for that. 

Never mind -  I logged into CEAC and I see the SSN section now. Sorry for the confusion! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hawk Riders said:

@Canada5, how'd it go?

They intend to approve!!! Status hasn’t changed yet, but hopefully by sometime tmr. 

Officer was super friendly — felt like a good conversation as opposed to an interview! 

Said to expect the passport back within 2-3 weeks, but that it’d likely be sooner! 

Timeline
On 11/11/2021 at 3:14 PM, Ayerforce said:

Medical was a day late.

So waiting to hear when they want my passport mailed back/ if they need anything else( I assume not as that was the only thing I was missing)

Hi there, curious to know if you you heard back from consulate? My interview was 11/02/21 and my medical wasn’t in on time. I know they received my medical results on 11/04/21. Still no updates from consulate.

Timeline

~~IR-5 post and reply split off and merged to the appropriate thread~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
13 hours ago, Redie said:

Hi there, curious to know if you you heard back from consulate? My interview was 11/02/21 and my medical wasn’t in on time. I know they received my medical results on 11/04/21. Still no updates from consulate.

Not yet 

I was hoping that you had.

Do you know if there is anyway to ask or contact them?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.