Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, canuckchic said:

Did you get any info from the NVC? They were no help to us. 
what is the ACS email? Thank you!

NVC didn’t help at all. They told me that I was in line to have my interview scheduled and that all I can do is wait… I did send a message to NVC as well as I have been advised by the consulate but I don’t think it will help more than the phone call I had this morning..

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

The ACS email is montreal-acs@state.gov . 

Edited by ifh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@HaileyJade, interview date the 8th or 9th?

interviews, @DMV, @juliemct, @annieb, @RoundRobin29 or anybody else?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

10 minutes ago, ifh said:

NVC didn’t help at all. They told me that I was in line to have my interview scheduled and that all I can do is wait… I did send a message to NVC as well as I have been advised by the consulate but I don’t think it will help more than the phone call I had this morning..

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

The ACS email is montreal-acs@state.gov . 

Thank you again - sorry for all the back and forth. Appreciate your quick repsonses. We've emailed the montreal one multiple times and have never received a response. We will try the NVC - did you just use the email that they give us during the process?

1 minute ago, canuckchic said:

Thank you again - sorry for all the back and forth. Appreciate your quick repsonses. We've emailed the montreal one multiple times and have never received a response. We will try the NVC - did you just use the email that they give us during the process?

No worries, whatever I can do to help. Write to the NVC using this link https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

Fill out all the information and write your request in the message box. It’s the only way to communicate with NVC via email. 

4 hours ago, CanadianJeff said:

For us, we checked the senator's website, got their contact email, and sent an email with name of beneficiary and petitioner, case number,  consulate involved, and explained the situation.  Our senator's office required a form be completed to grant them permission to reach out on our behalf (form was on their website but not every state seems to require the form). They were quick to reply. Navigating red tape seemed to be a common reason they were contacted (they had a website dedicated to saying their constituents can contact them for red tape stuff). 

It seemed Iike the email had to come from the US petitioner which makes sense since they would be the constituent and as a beneficiary, most of us are just random foreigners.

Good luck!

Thank you - I'm in California, so I just found an email for our Senator. May I ask how long it took for you to get things resolved with Montreal and have the interview scheduled?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

Just heard this morning, interview Dec 8. Email me if you will be there at the same time :) jmctaggart13@gmail.com

5 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I am not entirely sure. @CanadianJeff sought help from their spouse's senator when their passport return took over 4 weeks. I suggest reading through their latest posts. I think it all starts by visiting the senator's website (senator of the state where your spouse resides).

@CanadianJeff Hope you don't mind me referencing you. I don't know of anyone else who has the experience... 

@canuckchic please check your husband's senator's or congressman's office/web and tell them you need help with this issue. They have a liaison office that deals with governments' agencies. I know of a friend who was assisted quickly. praying for everyone impacted by this @From_CAN_2_US

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

Dec 8th! Super excited!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Temp_Xyz said:

Congratulations to all those who received their ILs!! I am excited for you all! Good luck!

Our DQ'd date is Jul 27th, so I am hopeful that next month brings an IL for us as well!

Quick question:

My wife is in Canada as an asylum claimant, and her home country (India) is extremely unhelpful towards those who have claimed asylum. She submitted her PCC request in April 2021, and it's still stuck in limbo, where as one of her friends applied for PCC around the same time and received it within a couple weeks. She called a couple weeks ago and was told it's still with the consulate in Toronto. The address on her passport no longer exists (new apartment buildings has been built), but that issue is secondary. We told NVC the situation and they accepted our explanation with the following response:

I don't think India has any plans to give her the PCC. Will this pose any issues during the interview? We have submitted Canadian PCC.

Sorry to hear that. This sounds like a very unique case, so I think only Montreal can advise you at the time of the interview on the way forward. I am guessing that your wife be refused at the interview for not having the police clearance from India, but Montreal may guide you on what steps you can take for a waiver of some sorts given the circumstances. 

To get a police certificate from India in Toronto, I understand you need to hold a resident status here - be a citizen, PR, student, work permit holder etc. Not having this status might be the cause for the delay. It does sound unlikely that Indian consulate here in Canada will issue the police clearance if it has taken so long already. One thing you can try is writing to the minister of external affairs in India.

The other option (and may not be feasible depending on your wife’s circumstance) is to interview in India. Obtaining a police certificate as a resident of India is much simpler from what I have heard. Your wife is claiming asylum, and I don’t know the reason for asylum, but it may be because she is in physical danger in India? If so, this may not be a viable option, unless it is safe enough for her to reside in a different part of the country than where she originally hailed from.

Regardless, might be best to attend the interview at Montreal and get their advice. Maybe a waiver is possible in this special circumstance. Have you emailed the consulate to ask at all?

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

19 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

your wife be refused at the interview for not having the police clearance from India,

That's really unfortunate and disheartening to hear!

On their website for  'Police Clearance Certificate Checklist', it states as the following:

No passport or consular services are available to claimants of refugee status in BLS Centers.

I will try to call NVC, and perhaps reach out to MTL consulate tomorrow -- is there a # or email I can reach them at for the quickest reply?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Temp_Xyz said:

That's really unfortunate and disheartening to hear!

On their website for  'Police Clearance Certificate Checklist', it states as the following:

I will try to call NVC, and perhaps reach out to MTL consulate tomorrow -- is there a # or email I can reach them at for the quickest reply?

The fact that it is impossible for your wife to get a police clearance without returning to India, sounds to me (not a lawyer) as reasonable grounds for a waiver. But a waiver or any further actions are not straightforward and can take time and/or may require a lawyer's assistance. The other possibility (and this is just a heads up, may not happen) is your wife being issued a DS-5535.

For Montreal, email here: Montreal-iv-dv@state.govFor NVC.

Don't bank on a response, and if you get one, it maybe that they are unable to advise before the interview.

For NVC,  submit a query here. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

It can take a few months for them to response and it is likely to be a generic response saying it is up to the consulate.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sharma Ali said:

Getting the same response @From_CAN_2_US Where can I find the DS260 number? is it the one with barcode next to MTL2021 case number on the Ds260 confirmation page?

I believe it is the confirmation number that starts with AA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.