Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, alphabetagamma said:

Thanks. Yes I see that but the first step is about scheduling the medical appointment. What exactly do you mean when you say 'register my interview'?

Nevermind. I see it now. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MTL-Montreal.html Thank you

Timeline

Just now, alphabetagamma said:

sounds good. let me know if you can register please

Timeline
4 minutes ago, PA93 said:

sounds good. let me know if you can register please

Trying to register and it says, "The information entered below must match the applicant’s passport and DS-260 Number application. Any discrepancy will result in delays in the return of the applicant’s documents"

Since I DQ'd I have updated my passport and name to my married name. For the registration, I should use my old passport information and maiden name as per what was entered in the DS-260?

Timeline

I booked an appointment for Tuesday Nov 23, at Dr Mascarenhas's office in Toronto. 

They have slots available for this Friday, November 19 as well, incase anyone has to go in earlier...

Timeline
1 minute ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Trying to register and it says, "The information entered below must match the applicant’s passport and DS-260 Number application. Any discrepancy will result in delays in the return of the applicant’s documents"

Since I DQ'd I have updated my passport and name to my married name. For the registration, I should use my old passport information and maiden name as per what was entered in the DS-260?

that's the message I get too. And I believe you should enter your information as per your DS-260

Timeline
1 minute ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I think you have to try the old passport that you provided to them during the submittal of civil documents. Sometimes, even you send them your new passport after being DQ'd, they don't update your info's in the system.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
Just now, alphabetagamma said:

I'm getting a different error - that my case number is not ready for an appointment.

If you have read ALL the previous members who received IL, they can't register their appointment right away after receiving the IL. Give sometime may take after 24 hrs before you can register your appointment.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Timeline
Just now, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

If you have read ALL the previous members who received IL, they can't register their appointment right away after receiving the IL. Give sometime may take after 24 hrs before you can register your appointment.

Thanks. I'll try tomorrow. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, alphabetagamma said:

I'm getting a different error - that my case number is not ready for an appointment.

Yep! Getting the same error. I'll try tomorrow as well. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, bkoz said:

Got a 12/6 interview date. Too bad I won't be able to make it...

I believe you have to send them email or a link on US Consulate Gen Montreal to resched your appointment

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

9 minutes ago, canuckchic said:

No, I’ve been crying all morning 

Same here. I emailed the consulate as advised by @From_CAN_2_US. My husband emailed them as well but he sent the email to the ACS email (not sure if that will help). I have been on hold with NVC for the last 45 min waiting to talk to a representative… 

Edited by ifh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.