Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, CanadianJeff said:

Final update to my journey. I received my passport back yesterday and was across the border 2.5 hours later. Many thanks to everyone for your support and guidance throughout this process and good luck to those still navigating the waters.

How long was the wait at poe?? And gratz I got 4 more weeks till I get to cross 

1 hour ago, SamC88 said:

Good luck to everyone waiting on their ILs! 

We’re getting ready for the move to the US. I’m so jealous of those that can just get up and move right after they receive their passports! 

We’re still trying to figure out the logistics. 

- does the US allow mattresses to be imported? I know that Canada requires the incoming mattress to be cleaned and fumigated with a certificate but I haven’t been able to find anything for mattresses going into the US. 
- are we allowed to leave the US after entering? How long do we have to wait before traveling back to Canada? 
- is anyone moving with a moving company? Any good recommendations? 

Thanks in advance! 

Mattresses are good to go from what I saw.. upack is ur best bet fornprice wise. Or uhaul if ur ok with driving 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Twiz&Toz said:

How long was the wait at poe?? And gratz I got 4 more weeks till I get to cross 

I also got my passport back yesterday at 3:42 pm

my baby and I crossed the border at 5:50pm in Champlain New York. There was no one in line. I was out of secondary at 6:20

i suggest you look online at CBP border wait times, it tells you what it looks like depending on POE. 
good luck 

46 minutes ago, Mrs.Coolidge said:

my baby and I crossed the border at 5:50pm in Champlain New York. There was no one in line. I was out of secondary at 6:20

i suggest you look online at CBP border wait times, it tells you what it looks like depending on POE. 
good luck 

I’m so jelly!!!!! I still have 2 weeks of work before I can leave :( 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, alphabetagamma said:

No new IL's yet? This is concerning :(

I'm going to give it until midnight before I get full blown concerned... There is a still a chance they are on the way.

I was looking at K1 spreadsheet, and they don't appear to have many interviews scheduled for December either (only one day so far, Dec 8). If Montreal were focusing on any other group than IR1/CR1 for December, it would be K1 as they are also Tier 2. Since there is no evidence of that yet, I feel like we can still expect letters this month.

FYI the latest I have seen ILs issued in a month is Jan 18, 2021. So there is a still a chance until this Friday for letters I think (albeit it gets slimmer by the day).

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
25 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I'm going to give it until midnight before I get full blown concerned... There is a still a chance they are on the way.

I was looking at K1 spreadsheet, and they don't appear to have many interviews scheduled for December either (only one day so far, Dec 8). If Montreal were focusing on any other group than IR1/CR1 for December, it would be K1 as they are also Tier 2. Since there is no evidence of that yet, I feel like we can still expect letters this month.

FYI the latest I have seen ILs issued in a month is Jan 18, 2021. So there is a still a chance until this Friday for letters I think (albeit it gets slimmer by the day).

The fact that they did 3 months worth of interviews last 3-4 weeks, I'm getting a bit concerned if they decide to skip this month brining back the advantage  to 0 😐

I don't feeling throwing the towel just yet and hope we get it today!, also I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this, my toddler child is scheduled to undergo an out patient surgery by the end of Dec. Given all that's going on in MTL with the delays, I am really hoping I get my things done my then and be there to help and support my wife and child. 

My question is should I bother emailing Montreal with the Doc letter for surgery and check with them about the possibility of an expedite or leave it as is as I am worried it might confuse things as I am hoping to get an IL this week anyway 🤞.

1 hour ago, Mrs.Coolidge said:

good luck 

I’m going to have my hamster and reprisals in the car so I’m worried about them being stuck in the uhaul for a long time... cold isn’t a good thing for them 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, usaBoundSud said:

I don't feeling throwing the towel just yet and hope we get it today!, also I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this, my toddler child is scheduled to undergo an out patient surgery by the end of Dec. Given all that's going on in MTL with the delays, I am really hoping I get my things done my then and be there to help and support my wife and child. 

My question is should I bother emailing Montreal with the Doc letter for surgery and check with them about the possibility of an expedite or leave it as is as I am worried it might confuse things as I am hoping to get an IL this week anyway 🤞.

I don't think it would confuse things.

With things so uncertain, I would definitely email and request an expedite. The reason seems valid to me. Good luck!

Timeline
18 minutes ago, alphabetagamma said:

The fact that they did 3 months worth of interviews last 3-4 weeks, I'm getting a bit concerned if they decide to skip this month brining back the advantage  to 0 😐

I know... me too...

Just trying to be positive for now...

Timeline

My interview was on November 2, 2021. I didn’t get my medical in on time so I was issued a 221g form stating refused due to medical exam results. He said he could not approve  until my medical results came in. My results were emailed early Thursday morning November 4, 2021. My case was updated on November 4th and has not been updated since. I emailed the consulate on November 5, 2021 inquiring about this and still have not received a response. Is this normal or  is this cause for concern? Very stressed at this point! Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Redie

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Redie said:

My interview was on November 2, 2021. I didn’t get my medical in on time so I was issued a 221g form stating refused due to medical exam results. He said he could not approve  until my medical results came in. My results were emailed early Thursday morning November 4, 2021. My case was updated on November 4th and has not been updated since. I emailed the consulate on November 5, 2021 inquiring about this and still have not received a response. Is this normal or  is this cause for concern? Very stressed at this point! Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Redie

I wouldn't necessarily be worried, because the consulate gives a timeline of 2 -3 week (sometimes 3 - 4 weeks) for passport to be returned. That being said, we have recently seen at least one case where the visa issuance took about 30 days after 221g was issued due to medicals not arriving on time. Refer to @CanadianJeff's case and their post below. I see you have already emailed  them. Maybe wait another week and if you still do not see progress, perhaps reach out to your senator for help, as that is what @CanadianJeff did to help push his case along.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.