Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, rainbow-skies said:

Has anyone who has crossed recently hit the 3 week waiting period and still hasnt received their social?

I hit mine tomorrow and my local SSA office is telling me to wait another 5 weeks before i can make an appointment to go in ?!

Yes my 3 weeks of poe marks tommorow and i have an appointment for day after tomorrow at my local SSA and I’m in PA 

Hi all,

Quick question. I can't recall where atm, but I know I mentioned port of entry information somewhere. Initial plan was for my wife to fly from Toronto into US. Would it be an issue if we decide to enter the US by land instead? Or should we not rock the boat too much and stick to what we had mentioned?

I had read a reply in this thread where someone crossed via the border, but not sure if they had mentioned that as their port of entry.

Documentarily Qualified. Still waiting for an interview letter.

Thank you!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Temp_Xyz said:

Hi all,

Quick question. I can't recall where atm, but I know I mentioned port of entry information somewhere. Initial plan was for my wife to fly from Toronto into US. Would it be an issue if we decide to enter the US by land instead? Or should we not rock the boat too much and stick to what we had mentioned?

I had read a reply in this thread where someone crossed via the border, but not sure if they had mentioned that as their port of entry.

Documentarily Qualified. Still waiting for an interview letter.

Thank you!

I don't remember specifying point of entry at any point during the process until DQ. I believe we are free to choose any POE.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Sharma Ali said:

Afternoon,

Has anyone gotten their IL today? Any idea when they will be sent? Just praying so hard for all of us expecting today be included in this patch! My QD is June 4th!

May 19 DQ here, and no IL yet. ILs for December should either be issued today or tomorrow. They usually don't issue them in the last 14 days of the month.

PS- please update your DQ date on your timeline.

Just now, From_CAN_2_US said:

May 19 DQ here, and no IL yet. ILs for December should either be issued today or tomorrow. They usually don't issue them in the last 14 days of the month.

PS- please update your DQ date on your timeline.

Thanks @From_CAN_2_US for your input. I have been checking my email every few minutes. What's the prediction for this month's cutline?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Sharma Ali said:

Thanks @From_CAN_2_US for your input. I have been checking my email every few minutes. What's the prediction for this month's cutline?

It's really hard to tell, as it depends on factors we do not have much info about - number of DQs per month, number of slots being opened up for interview by Montreal.

1. MTL did say in their update videos that they are opening up more interview slots for months of October, November and December, and we saw a huge impact of this on the back log. In November MTL scheduled interviews for DQs across a little more than 3 months.

2. We have been seeing a drop of DQs per month since November on our spreadsheet. Not sure if this reflects reality, but I have a strong feeling it does. Our spreadheet shows fewer DQs in March, April, May, June as well...

3. December does have many holidays, and many staff will presumably be away, so it may lead to fewer days scheduled for interviews.

All in balance, I guestimate the cutoff to be conservatively - May 15 and optimistically June 30. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, MTLSINGHZ said:

Yes my 3 weeks of poe marks tommorow and i have an appointment for day after tomorrow at my local SSA and I’m in PA 

Damn. Im sure it is just a back log but i urgently need my social so i ended up making an appointment for next week. Wishing you luck with yours!

Just now, From_CAN_2_US said:

It's really hard to tell, as it depends on factors we do not have much info about - number of DQs per month, number of slots being opened up for interview by Montreal.

1. MTL did say in their update videos that they are opening up more interview slots for months of October, November and December, and we saw a huge impact of this on the back log. In November MTL scheduled interviews for DQs across a little more than 3 months.

2. We have been seeing a drop of DQs per month since November on our spreadsheet. Not sure if this reflects reality, but I have a strong feeling it does. Our spreadheet shows fewer DQs in March, April, May, June as well...

3. December does have many holidays, and many staff will presumably be away, so it may lead to fewer days scheduled for interviews.

All in balance, I guestimate the cutoff to be conservatively - May 15 and optimistically June 30. 

Thanks again @From_CAN_2_US for the in-depth explanations! Not sure how this draining process would turned out without the support of this group. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Temp_Xyz said:

Is the 'Welcome to America' letter sent after the interview? If not, when is that sent out?

It's given when they approve you at the interview. If they run out, or if you are approved after the interview, sometimes they send it with you with your passport.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.